Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retained List - Published

Comments

• Options
    Letting Clare go means we have a RB lined up right ?

Announce Sess 😄
  • Options
    Morgan and inniss both turned down offers, assume they were offered squad player roles and wages to reflect.
    That probably explains what some of us heard and the delay of the announcement.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Barker has been a disappointment. Looked like the next big thing a couple of years ago. 
  • Options
    Wow that's a clear out and not before time. Garner saw Morgan as a 10, Holden gets rid! Innis has surprised me as I saw an improvement in his game (not the hot headedness) when playing alongside Hector.
    I hope Hector signs for us, but outside of that I'm reserving judgement until I see what players are coming in. Would we offer a contract to Seesegnon once his deal with Fulham has expired? Glad to see the back of Bonne, and Gilbey. Well done to Holden, now let's get new owners and give Holden who he needs by spending some cash!
    Finally why keep Chucks? I see no point with his injury record.

• Options
    I’m happy with that overall. I’d keep hector and thomas, and rest are bold but sensible decisions! Albie has had too many chances so it is time for pastures new, good lad though I hope he’s successful. Good work Dean! Need to get rid of a few coming back but this is a positive start!
  • Options
    Players who don't defend well, Morgan, Clare and Innis, gone, don't know how much longer Kirk, DJ and Lavelle have left on their contracts but would expect them to either be snapped up or loaned out. Not knocking any of this but as lifers have already stated, it depends on the incomings. 
  • Options
    Only one I think I'll miss is Morgan. Could t fault his work rate. 

Not too bothered if Henry signs and I'd be surprised if Hector accepts what he has been offered. 

Just need to offload DJ Kirk, Lavelle And McGrandles.

I suspect Wollacott will get sold on too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barker has been a disappointment. Looked like the next big thing a couple of years ago. 
    Was certainly talked about as the next big thing, but don't think he looked it.

Got a first team opportunity purely because of some bizarre squad limitation and scored a goal. But as a defender he looked too one paced to be a full back, and not imposing enough to be a centre back.
  • Options
    I've got a horrible feeling that we'll eventually regret letting Morgan go. Not the case with Clare, but I'm somewhat surprised nonetheless.
  • Options
    I consistently seem to rate Clare higher than other people 
    Reminded me of a modern day Denis Booth, both were stop gap players, never quite good enough to be your first choice in whatever position they played. 
  • Options
    Cannot see the logic behind keeping Henry but losing Morgan. For all his inconsistency, Morgan looked streets ahead. 
    Not sure we can do much better than Morgan without paying a big fee.
    Kilkenney certainly didn't come close.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Of the in-contract players, I believe we'll see *a number of them moved on.

*all
  • Options
    I've got a horrible feeling that we'll eventually regret letting Morgan go. Not the case with Clare, but I'm somewhat surprised nonetheless.
    I don’t think so. He’s got the potential to be a decent league one player but after 150 first team appearances, he’s still not showing that consistently. Think Holden has done right by him and really given him a chance to shine in the last couple of months and he’s been ok. I’d far rather go and ask Ipswich if we can have Panchute Camara on loan from them next season as he’s been out for so much of this campaign.

I think a move to Gills next year makes perfect sense for him and he may well come up with them next year, but he’s never going to be in the first team of a team going for promotion out of this league. Wouldn’t have got close to Ipswich or Plymouth’s first team. (I’m very aware we don’t have many players that would)
  • Options
    Release list means nothing without any context of plans going forward. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big clear out and honestly not too disapointed either way.

Innis, Bonne and Gilbey wasnt shocking tbh.

Clare and Morgan have been hot and cold this season but will miss Clares versatility as other C Lifers have pointed out.

Harness i thought would be in with a shout as assumed neither AMB or Wollacoot would accept being number 2
    Surprised we're keeping both AMB and Woolacott- both will want a starting place.
    Who said we're keeping both?
  • Options
    I consistently seem to rate Clare higher than other people 

Same
  • Options
    People have got what they wanted .. surprised Henry and Thomas to be fair and disappointed that Clare going think he been our most consistent performer over the last few years … expect people will still moan about it ?
  • Options
    Pleased Morgan has gone but genuinely hope he can carve a career elsewhere.

Morgan was a great striker of the ball - perhaps the best at the club - but unfortunately was lacking in football intelligence. With his technique he should have scored many more goals but often seemed to lose his head at the vital moment. Good luck to the boy, he’ll probably score against us if he’s ever in a team we play!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    The whisper was that Henry was offered a new contract a few weeks ago but hasn't as yet signed.

Maybe that's the club's way of ensuring a development fee if he's likely to move on?

I can't imagine who would pay a fee for him, unless a club higher up think he's worth developing out on loan for a few years. He's not good enough to regularly start for us at the moment.
    Perhaps the club think that too - and maybe only offered a year?

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Does anyone think it strange the way the club have said who is under contract.....and then later state those who are coming back from loan spells. 

Its as if they are surplus to requirements. If I was one of those players I'd be a bit miffed. They are still under contract & should have been listed with the others as so. 
  • Options
    I’ll be surprised if Morgan plays at this level again, suspect he’ll be in League 2 or even below 
  • Options
    People have got what they wanted .. surprised Henry and Thomas to be fair and disappointed that Clare going think he been our most consistent performer over the last few years … expect people will still moan about it ?
    Agree re' Thomas and Clare, but think some forget Henry ain't even 20 yet.