Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Play Offs 2023

Sheffield Wednesday are the favourites to get promoted, indeed the bookies have them tops in a very tight market .. Wednesday finished the season in good form, Peterborough were a bit inconsistent .. however, the Posh have shown a real desire and fighting spirit and I shall be having a couple of pence on them at 4/1 ..
Today (May 8th) will see the conclusion of the Championship and League 2 fixtures .. so we will soon know which clubs are in the frame for 3 promotions .. I LOVE the play offs

Comments

• Wednesday must be feeling pretty sick. 

96 points - the highest ever total for a side not automatically promoted and if they'd won away at a pretty hopeless Forest Green they'd have gone up. 
  • my 3 , Champ, L1 and L2 .. Sunderland, Peterborough, Stockport

96 points - the highest ever total for a side not automatically promoted and if they'd won away at a pretty hopeless Forest Green they'd have gone up. 
    After that defeat they also drew with Cheltenham, Lincoln and Oxford. They also managed to lose away at Burton.
    That's a lot of points dropped in the final 6 weeks of the season.

After that defeat they also drew with Cheltenham, Lincoln and Oxford. They also managed to lose away at Burton.
    That's a lot of points dropped in the final 6 weeks of the season.
    The standard of L1 football might not be all that, BUT most clubs were at least up for a fight in most games I saw .. and that is all you can ask .. there were a lot of upsets along with a few hammerings  ..

(of topic a bit, we MUST show more bottle, more passion next season .. despite my opening remarks, we lost the fight in the early rounds far too often this season)
  • Glad Derby never made it only because a few lauded it over me after the game in February. 

I would like Bolton to go up i think they were one of the best footballing sides i saw this season. Wednesday are so far up their own arse another season in league 1 will do them good, and see that smug git Bannon at this level, but i fear they will do it
  • edited May 2023
     Sheffield Wednesday are the favourites to get promoted, indeed the bookies have them tops in a very tight market .. Wednesday finished the season in good form, Peterborough were a bit inconsistent .. however, the Posh have shown a real desire and fighting spirit and I shall be having a couple of pence on them at 4/1 ..
    Today (May 8th) will see the conclusion of the Championship and League 2 fixtures .. so we will soon know which clubs are in the frame for 3 promotions .. I LOVE the play offs
    Wednesday "finished the season in good form"  ;)
    They folded  from Forest Green and Cheltenham away. 
     I have loads of mates who follow Wednesday and have always liked them.  They f****** it up at the last minute and I think they'll fold, I hope not.
  • I assume Lincs means that after their blip they ended the season with 4 wins out of 4, so it's not like they've limped into the play offs.

96 points wins the league in most other seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wednesday - Bolton final i think. 

I thought Bolton were brilliant at home to us. 
  • edited May 2023
     I have loads of mates who follow Wednesday and have always liked them.  They f****** it up at the last minute and I think they'll fold, I hope not.
    they won their last four games, all too late .. for a club with their resources though, very poor .. as I said above, it indicates that the vast majority of L1 teams give it a right good go whatever the opposition
  • Sheffield Wednesday or Bolton for me. Think those two will be strongest next season. 
  • What I'd like is Coventry, Wednesday and Carlisle.

Predicting Boro, Bolton and Stockport.
  • Bilko said:
    What I'd like is Coventry, Wednesday and Carlisle.

Predicting Boro, Bolton and Stockport.
    Carlisle for obvious reasons.
    1000%
  •  Sheffield Wednesday are the favourites to get promoted, indeed the bookies have them tops in a very tight market .. Wednesday finished the season in good form, Peterborough were a bit inconsistent .. however, the Posh have shown a real desire and fighting spirit and I shall be having a couple of pence on them at 4/1 ..
    they won their last four games, all too late .. for a club with their resources though, very poor .. as I said above, it indicates that the vast majority of L1 teams give it a right good go whatever the opposition
    Forest Green and Cheltenham bringing six points, which should have been the case, would have seen automatic top two.
    My money says they'll be playing us next season.
  • Got a real sneaky feeing Coventry will go up. Bolton from League 1, Salford from League 2.
  • Santos coming back from injury this month is massive for Bolton.
  • Last season I won a tidy sum on a trixie naming the 3 EFL divisional champions .. two of those champs/chumps have gone straight back down, FGR and Wigan .. an indication that every promoted team and not just those going into the Premier struggle and that every division gets stronger every season perhaps ?
  • Sponsored links:

• The 3 I want to go up: Sunderland, Bolton, Bradford

The 3 I do not want: Luton, Wednesday, Salford
  • edited May 2023
    The 3 I want to go up: Sunderland, Bolton, Bradford

my 3 for Divisional champions this season were . Sheffield U, Bolton and Bradford .. nil points  :.   :|

Be good to see Bradford back in L1, how a club of their stature just falls short every year is mystifying  .. my friendly pharmacist is a Mackem fan .. he doesn't want them to get promoted cos they'd get 'hammered every week' he says .. and forget the parachute cash .. I reckon he's a few pills short of a blister pack but each to their own view 

my 3 for Divisional champions this season were . Sheffield U, Bolton and Bradford .. nil points  :.   :|

Be good to see Bradford back in L1, how a club of their stature just falls short every year is mystifying  .. my friendly pharmacist is a Mackem fan .. he doesn't want them to get promoted cos they'd get 'hammered every week' he says .. and forget the parachute cash .. I reckon he's a few pills short of a blister pack but each to their own view 
    Bournemouth were "guaranteed" to be the whipping boys this season, and that never happened. 

Some pretty good guessing to be fair! Your worst prediction came 6th. I saw a bloke publish his yesterday he had Watford, MK Dons & Tranmere  :D
  • stonemuse said:
    sam3110 said:
    A small part of me wants the Wendies to go up so they're not here spending a shite tonne again next season to win the league, but a larger part of me wants them to fail again and have another season in this cesspit of a league
    I feel the same but we need the Wendies out of this division … the teams coming down are nowhere near as strong 
    Forget who is coming down if SW go up it will still leave Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough plus Derby and Portsmouth 
  • Want either Coventry or Luton to go up. Sunderland and Boro have had enough seasons in the PL

Bolton because they were the best team I've seen at the valley 

Carlisle so we can get promoted again 
  • stonemuse said:
    sam3110 said:
    A small part of me wants the Wendies to go up so they're not here spending a shite tonne again next season to win the league, but a larger part of me wants them to fail again and have another season in this cesspit of a league
    I feel the same but we need the Wendies out of this division … the teams coming down are nowhere near as strong 
    Forget who is coming down if SW go up it will still leave Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough plus Derby and Portsmouth 
    three coming down are Reading, Blackpool and Wigan
  • edited May 2023
    stonemuse said:
    sam3110 said:
    three coming down are Reading, Blackpool and Wigan
    Great....get to see Jordan Cousins back at the Valley......thud!  :*