Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Play Offs 2023

Comments

• Should have been 5 then
    There was at The Valley tonight from our Young Guns ! 

Seriously, a 2 hour journey from E Sussex with problems on both the A21 & M25 meant we heard BDL's dulcet tones announcing the teams as we parked the car behind the West Stand.

Boy, was it worth it! 

I'd seriously suggest that the lovers of the Beautiful Game keep next Friday evening free & get behind our lads should the Final be in SE London.

This isn't Sandagaard's team. Nothing to do with  him. 

This is the team whose skills were revealed by Steve Avory & honed by Jason Pearce. 

THIS is the future of our football club so if given the chance, please show them your support. 

They deserve it.
    You do get about
  • That’s two of the top 6 spots taken by Wednesday and Derby probably between them they’ll take at least one of the automatics 
    not that we’ll threaten them with yet another lame takeover as we continue our record breaking stint in the third tier of absolute shitness , still you gotta laugh at em 
    If Reading keep the team together they will be a strong candidate for top six
  • It will take us years to get out of this division.  There is always a team that comes out of the pack ie a Shrewsbury or Fleetwood for example in recent seasons. 
  • Hope he doesn't need that ticket stub just in case... 
  • That’s two of the top 6 spots taken by Wednesday and Derby probably between them they’ll take at least one of the automatics 
    not that we’ll threaten them with yet another lame takeover as we continue our record breaking stint in the third tier of absolute shitness , still you gotta laugh at em 
    If Reading keep the team together they will be a strong candidate for top six
    Is that because they were such a good side this season and L1 is so easy for ex-PL teams to get out of at the first attempt ?
  • I reckon Lisa is getting a few calls and texts today 😂
  • They'd have stayed up without the six point deduction so championship level really. My nearest EFL club but i take no interest in them at all, so not sure how they stand with regard to their unpopular ownership and finances - suspect things are not great.
  • Hahahaha, hehehehe. Stranger things have happened though. A couple of early goals for Wednesday in the replay and who knows what could happen. 
  • Wednesday were absolutely shit last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently all adult tickets £20 and child £5. I do like their chairman a bit outspoken but I think his heart is in the right place. 
  • I really don't think this tie is far from over but i do hope so. Have disliked them since our relegation in 1999 when on the train back to London they were calling us one season wonders, two bob etc.

Justice was done a year later when we went up and they went down.

Plus i have been there several times and there always seems to be a group of dicks wanting to have a pop at you.
    Goes back to Jan, 76 for me.
  • Posh absolutely smashed it last night looking good to go up
  • edited May 2023
    Only just seen this.  Hahaha. 
    Owls fans were very keen that they beat Derby in the last game as they wanted Posh in the play offs... 
  • Fair play to the Peterborough chairman. Turned down £8m for Edwards in the summer and another in January. We can only dream of an owner that wouldn't sell the tea lady if her earl grey was any good. 
  • edited May 2023
    redbuttle said:
    Wednesday were absolutely shit last night.
    To me as a completely biased Sheffielder, I think Wednesday were unlucky. They had goal line clearances with the keeper beaten twice (or more) and the ball just disnt run for them, yet almost every time Posh found a man and the ball ran for them beautifully. Almost every time Wednesday put in a tackle the ball pinged out to the attacker and they took their chances. Bannan has a very quiet game and seemed to be making little impact in the middle of the park. No idea I'd Posh can beat Barnsley or Bolton, but if they don't, we are in a heap of trouble next season, in an attempt to better them and the other 8-10 clubs that have arguably better squads, coaches and owners.

Just for the record, I cheered the first goal almost as much as any scored by Leaburn or Rak Sakyi this season. 

Surely.most football neutrals wanted to see Posh give Wednesday a bloody nose. It's not over yet, but if Wednesday get to Wembley, I'll not begrudge their faithful a happy journey home. 
  • redbuttle said:
    To me as a completely biased Sheffielder, I think Wednesday were unlucky. They had goal line clearances with the keeper beaten twice (or more) and the ball just disnt run for them, yet almost every time Posh found a man and the ball ran for them beautifully. Almost every time Wednesday put in a tackle the ball pinged out to the attacker and they took their chances. Bannan has a very quiet game and seemed to be making little impact in the middle of the park. No idea I'd Posh can beat Barnsley or Bolton, but if they don't, we are in a heap of trouble next season, in an attempt to better them and the other 8-10 clubs that have arguably better squads, coaches and owners.

Just for the record, I cheered the first goal almost as much as any scored by Leaburn or Rak Sakyi this season. 

Surely.most football neutrals wanted to see Posh give Wednesday a bloody nose. It's not over yet, but if Wednesday get to Wembley, I'll not begrudge their faithful a happy journey home. 
    Would rather be up against Peterborough than Bolton next season!
  • Leuth said:
    redbuttle said:

Bolton possess the natural progression and stability that we so lack - 3rd League 2, 9th League 1 and now 5th League 1. Throughout that time they have had the same Manager, Ian Evatt and he has just signed a new three year contract to the end of 2025-26. He will be backed by signing those one or two new players that they need. For that reason I would also rather see them go up this season than Peterborough who have always been "gun slingers" under Ferguson, capable of scoring goals for fun but vulnerable to be picked off by the more savvy of teams. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to the Peterborough chairman. Turned down £8m for Edwards in the summer and another in January. We can only dream of an owner that wouldn't sell the tea lady if her earl grey was any good. 
    Peterborough have always sold players but they get a good price for them.
  • iaitch said:
    Fair play to the Peterborough chairman. Turned down £8m for Edwards in the summer and another in January. We can only dream of an owner that wouldn't sell the tea lady if her earl grey was any good. 
    Peterborough have always sold players but they get a good price for them.

If they don't go up, Clarke-Harris will go to the Championship, and for a big fee 

They're brilliant at selling strikers for a big fee and  using the funds to buy a cheaper replacement they can improve . Clarke-Harris was the replacement for Toney 
  • Leuth said:
    redbuttle said:

Bolton possess the natural progression and stability that we so lack - 3rd League 2, 9th League 1 and now 5th League 1. Throughout that time they have had the same Manager, Ian Evatt and he has just signed a new three year contract to the end of 2025-26. He will be backed by signing those one or two new players that they need. For that reason I would also rather see them go up this season than Peterborough who have always been "gun slingers" under Ferguson, capable of scoring goals for fun but vulnerable to be picked off by the more savvy of teams. 
    As I was saying,,,,,,
  • Football. Bloody hell. 
  • Hahahaha, hehehehe. Stranger things have happened though. A couple of early goals for Wednesday in the replay and who knows what could happen. 
    Fcking knew it 🤬
  • This is how I want to see Chartlon play next season. On the front foot and intensive attacking football for the full 90 mins
  • This is how I want to see Chartlon play next season. On the front foot and intensive attacking football for the full 90 mins
    This is how I want to see Charlton next season. With enough players to field a full eleven.