Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Play Offs 2023

Comments

• Massive lead
  • What on earth has happened to Wednesday 
  • As others have said, I’m torn between wanting Weds out of the league and enjoying seeing them fail. But given our current issues I can’t see us seriously challenging next season so I’m happy to see them fail spectacularly.
  • This is fucking hilarious. How to throw your season away in one game
  • edited May 2023
    Peterborough look excellent and are teaching the 96 points Wednesday a lesson. Their ball control and movement is excellent. Holden can forget watching what Man Utd or Brentford are doing. Have a chat to Peterborough because that is how I want to see Charlton playing. 
  • More endless embarrassment for us tbh. How come Peterborough can get their 💩 together and we can't. 
  • This is much better than the alternative, which is Wednesday clearing off out of League One. Much better. 
  • Wonder what Wednesday's budget is for the season. Surely they can't manage many more in league one, spending what they have. 
  • Bitter sweet this, I’m enjoying the massives cock  this up as they’re without doubt the most arrogant fans in our league, but at the same time want them promoted so it’s one less big spender to compete with.  

It’s like watching your worst enemy drive off a cliff in a car you saved up for all your life.  
  • Should have been 5 then
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to checking out the meltdown on Owlstalk 🤣🤣
  • Bitter sweet this, I’m enjoying the massives cock  this up as they’re without doubt the most arrogant fans in our league, but at the same time want them promoted so it’s one less big spender to compete with.  

It’s like watching your worst enemy drive off a cliff in a car you saved up for all your life.  
    Chances are though they won’t be as good next season and after getting 96 points then effing it up it could knock the stuffing out of them. 
  • Bannan on £5m a week, they can’t do that next year 
  • They really are special aren't they!
  • They had better cancel the roof top bus as well  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s only half time ….
  • Still 2nd leg to go.
  • edited May 2023
    Only just seen the Sheff Weds result. Obviously it’s in our interests for them to go up, but you have to say that’s hilarious. 
  • last_line said:

Lisa’s still not answering her phoned. I must have called at least a hundred times since the end of the game.
  • I really don't think this tie is far from over but i do hope so. Have disliked them since our relegation in 1999 when on the train back to London they were calling us one season wonders, two bob etc.

Justice was done a year later when we went up and they went down.

Plus i have been there several times and there always seems to be a group of dicks wanting to have a pop at you.
  • Scoham said:
    Irony is that last week Derby shouldn't have had a player sent off & if they had played 90 mins with 11 men they probably wouldn't have lost & therefore tonight's game would have been Derby v Sheff Wed. 

So by winning last week Sheff Wed played Peterborough instead.

Pure karma. 
  • Ronnie Edwards has been a standout every time I’ve seen Peterborough this season.
    I can't imagine he'll be there much longer. 1 of only 2 players named in the England U20 World cup squad who isn't with a PL club.
  • edited May 2023
    Owlstalk is a sight to be hold, they want the owner to sell up, the manager sacked and most of the squad replaced.

I know they fucked up but they just got 96 points, they can't be that bad. This post summed it up, from a side that would've won the league in most other seasons you want 8 players gone!!

From tonight:

Dawson - keep (although he fucked up)

Palmer - go - legs gone shocking tonight

Johnson - go - lazy git never tracks back and can’t beat a man.

Flint - better not try and sign. Sheet.

Icky - probably keep - not really seen enough of him

Iorfa - go - should have gone last season 

Bannan - heavy heart but got to go

Vaulks - go - doesn’t influence games enough 

Windass - keep but will more likely go 

Paterson - go. Battler but we need more- just look at Posh.

Smith - go - as above. Embarrassed comparing v posh front line

• That’s two of the top 6 spots taken by Wednesday and Derby probably between them they’ll take at least one of the automatics 
    not that we’ll threaten them with yet another lame takeover as we continue our record breaking stint in the third tier of absolute shitness , still you gotta laugh at em