Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham 2023 thread

Thought would kick this one off anyone going?

am there weds and Thursday staying in brum 

weds will risk the trains Thursday will book the national express to and from the racecourse due to strikes 

best ticket im on so far galliard du mesnil at 16/1 for the national hunt chase 

Comments

• edited February 2023
    Cambridge away and Cheltenham buggered by the strikes. Very frustrating.

supposed to be going on Wednesday and then train home Thursday morning..
  • We're going Tuesday 14th.
    It'll be a bit busier than Hereford yesterday.
  • Steam train into the back of the course for the Tuesday, pub for the Friday. Can't bloody wait 
  • Thought would kick this one off anyone going?

am there weds and Thursday staying in brum 

weds will risk the trains Thursday will book the national express to and from the racecourse due to strikes 

best ticket im on so far galliard du mesnil at 16/1 for the national hunt chase 
    Talk of GDM going for the 3 miler on the Wednesday now isn't there...? You never know with Mullins though 
  • Wasn’t too sure whether this thread was about the football, or watching some knackered old horses, some would argue, there’s not a lot of difference!
  • edited February 2023
    Not going but as per usual I have the week booked off and will spend most days in the boozer giving my liver and betting account a good workout.
    Yep i've been before and would like to go again soon but everyone too busy. The only time i really go full throttle with horses, mostly lose... 

Just got a message from a friend and we're going to book Friday day off and find a pub to watch it and make a day of it. 

Enjoy everyone who goes, not cheap but well worth it! We stayed in Bristol which was good for the day before drinks and getting the train there. 
  • Yeah we went to the redwood at London Bridge last year on the Friday good atmosphere in there and a good sized crowd 
  • so national express are running coaches for £56.00 return from Birmingham haven't really got a choice for the Thursday so ill have to suffer it. 

• I’m there on the Thursday same as most years on a coach from the city. Hoping to win big. But will probably do my bollocks first three races and get far too drunk for the rest of the day as per usual. 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• not horse related but we are stopping in brum weds and thursday nights staying city centre travelodge. 

any tips for a decent curry house for the thursday night?. 
  • so the tube is on strike on the weds making it difficult to get to euston, the trains are on strike on the thursday meaning ive got to get a coach at triple the price. 

striking wankers - the calculating calling of strikes will i mildy take there point they can get fucked now 
  • edited March 2023
    So then, Cheltenham Eve. Still think it’s one day too many. 

What’s your naps for the week?

Hope those going have a cracker 
  • Far too busy for my liking.
    Up the New Eltham Friday for the GC
  • So then, Cheltenham Eve. Still think it’s one day too many. 

What’s your naps for the week?

Hope those going have a cracker 
    Blood Destiny  Friday 1.30 JCB.
  • so the tube is on strike on the weds making it difficult to get to euston, the trains are on strike on the thursday meaning ive got to get a coach at triple the price. 

striking wankers - the calculating calling of strikes will i mildy take there point they can get fucked now 
    Train drivers are taking the piss now. They seem to forget that the government bailed them out during covid & that they wouldn’t have had a job at all if it wasn’t for that.
  • Going Wednesday work thing staying in Stratford for 2 nights and the steam train in to the course like a proper Charlton fan 👍
  • My best fancies of the week are 
    Gerri Colonbe
    marine nationale
    bravemansgame
    jonbon 
    snow leopadess ew

Other than that it’s names/numbers/fancies 

there weds and Thursday and gold cup back in London at philomenas in Holborn
  • edited March 2023
    Happygolucky in Tuesday’s Ultima looks e/w value to me at 14/1 (6 places).
    Tough handicap though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky announced with some fanfare that their Money Back offer returns. Turns out it's for a whole two pounds on win bets/win parts.

This said, I still think there is some value lurking in the Supreme for sure. At the prices I'll have my paltry £2 e/w on DIVERGE, who could be absolutely anything based on that win. 

Other thoughts coming eventually.
  • Corach Rambler and Oscar Elite - Tomorrow 2:50
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Sky announced with some fanfare that their Money Back offer returns. Turns out it's for a whole two pounds on win bets/win parts.

This said, I still think there is some value lurking in the Supreme for sure. At the prices I'll have my paltry £2 e/w on DIVERGE, who could be absolutely anything based on that win. 

Other thoughts coming eventually.
    When I log in mine's £10.
  • Paddy Power offering a free bet each day for new and existing
  • 1.30 marine nationale 
    2.10 Jonbon 
    2.50 fantastikas ew 
    3.30 no bet as fave is 1/3 
    4.10 brandy love 
    4.50 byker & Perseus way ew 
    5.30 Gallard du mesnil I’m on at 16/1 ante post

• 3.30 no bet as fave is 1/3 

You can get evens on William Hill.
  • edited March 2023
    Best offers I’ve found so far: 
    skybet - money back as cash if you lose first race (generally £2 but stake varies by account)
    Virgin bet - money back as a free bet if you lose first race (£10 max)
    William hill - evens on constitution hill (max £10) 
    betfair - bet £10 on multiples and get a £10 free bet to use on multiples. They’re also doing a free £2 bet for the first day. Some accounts have an exchange free bet on a loser offer. 
    Paddy power - free bet, think it’s £5 for a lot of people 
    betway - evens on an Irish winner on day 1 

• Best offers I’ve found so far: 
    skybet - money back as cash if you lose first race (generally £2 but stake varies by account)
    Virgin bet - money back as a free bet if you lose first race (£10 max)
    William hill - evens on constitution hill (max £10) 
    betfair - bet £10 on multiples and get a £10 free bet to use on multiples. They’re also doing a free £2 bet for the first day. Some accounts have an exchange free bet on a loser offer. 
    Paddy power - free bet, think it’s £5 for a lot of people 
    betway - evens on an Irish winner on day 1 

Betfair also have a £2 free bet on multiples (took ages to sort it mind).
    Ladbrokes have free daily £1 bets.
    Live Score bet have free daily £1 bets.
  • Bet365 are doing super boost from 10am.
  • clb74 said:
    Bet365 are doing super boost from 10am.
    And the site goes down at 10:01