Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham 2023 thread

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Some horse is CH
    Brilliant horse. TV showed a punter who stuck £11k on just before the off. He said he’d be back in 5 minutes for his winnings (£4k). Absolutely wiped out some very good horses there.
  • Options
    That is absolutely ridiculous. I think that's one of the best performances I've seen in a very very long time.
  • Options
    All WIN apart from where stated otherwise

1.30 Il Etait Temps @ 9/2
    2.10 El Fabilo @ 11/8 & Hollow Games (EW-3 places) @ 40/1
    2.50 Fanion D'Estruval (EW-8 places) @ 25/1
    3.30 Constitution Hill to beat Zanahiyr SFC @ 32.22/1
    4.10 Honeysuckle @ 4/1
    4.50 Bad @ 7/1
    5.30 Minella Crooner @ 7/1 
    And of course Zanahiyr finishes 3rd
  • Options
    Some nice returns for fairly small staking punter such as myself there thanks to the Evens from Hills and Bob's lot. Will be watching their boosts with interest for the rest of the week if they're not limiting stakes to a tenner
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Sentimental bet for Honeysuckle & Rachel here, but this will be a tough race for them.  Also a cheeky e/w on Theatre Glory (4 places).
  • Options
    Well we've had the pleasure of witnessing two National Hunt legends win in the space of less than an hour!
  • Options
    pleased for them

• Options
    Didn't back her but that's great to see. Well done Honeysuckle and Rachael.
  • Options
    Love that finish. Great battle with Love Envoi after taking the last couple of fences a little nervously.  Delighted for Honeysuckle, Rachel and especially the de Bromheads after a tragic year for them. Lovely tribute from Rachel as well 😔
  • Options
    Can't say I'm not a little emotional watching that. What a win and a very good ride from Rachel there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One for the public there, well done Honeysuckle.
  • Options
    That’s some welcome back in the winner’s enclosure 😍
  • Options
    Strange performances from Marie’s Rock and Epatante, probably cos i backed both 
  • Options
    Henry de Bromhead is such a class act and was naturally extremely emotional in his interview with Lydia Hislop. Nobody on earth would want to have gone through what he and his family have in the last six months and as Kenny Alexander said in his post race interview, "this is just a bit of fun, it's not real life". Trainer, owner, rider and horse have all done their bit in memory of Jack.   
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    You've got to feel sorry for those poorly handicapped Irish horses. I'm sure that they hoped for much better than the first six home in the Boodles!

Edit - my mistake. It was 6 of the first 7. Sheena West saddled the 5th. The Irish will be even more gutted/ 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Only found this free bet on PP this morning. 
    Result!
  • Options
    Well done on that. Bit of a sickener for me as I had a double on Corach Rambler & Byker. Did back them both as singles so something to come back. Done Chemical Energy in the last.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Well done on that. Bit of a sickener for me as I had a double on Corach Rambler & Byker. Did back them both as singles so something to come back. Done Chemical Energy in the last.
    That has to sting…
  • Options
    My selections for tomorrow, not a bad 1st day 2 winners the wonder of ante post having gdm at 16s.

1.30 gaelic warrior 
                  Good land 
    2.10 Gerri colombe 
    2.50 nells son ew 
            Hms seahorse 
            Langer dan 
    3.30 Energumene
    4.10 snow leopardess ew
    4.50 final orders 
             Dads lad 
            Call me Lyreen 
    5.30 better days ahead 
             Encanto Bruno
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good opening day
  • Options
    2 onboard for this afternoon 

1:30 - Impaire Et Passe
    2:10 - The Real Whacker
  • Options
    Facile Vega, killed me yesterday had it in a double with Honeysuckle and a four fold with El Fabiolo, Constitution,and winner of the last potential £335, up £55 for the day
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Won enough yesterday to cover todays bets and a bit more.
    had winner of the first using skybet free hit
    had Constitution hill at evens with Bobs boost and also put it in a double with honeysuckle to qualify for Betfair £10 free bet offer.
    also had mr freedom ew @40/1.

Betfair got offer today of £10 free bet return if your horse loses in the first. And also again the same £10 free bet if you place £10 on multiples.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Broke even yesterday - 9 bets, 2 winners and 2 each ways - winners were both very short odds.
    Today it's Champ Kiely in the 1.30 - how can you not?

Otherwise following Rachel Blackmore with an each way on all her rides today.
  • Options
    Todays losers fancies:

1.30 Hermes Allen
    2.10 Gerri Collombe
    2.50 Benson (EW)
    3.30 Energumene
    4.10 Galvin
    4.50 Epson Du Houx (EW)
    5.30 Fact To File
  • Options
    1.30 – 1pt e/w Good Land; 0.75pts e/w Champ Kiely

2.10 – 1pt e/w The
    Real Whacker; 0.5pts e/w Thyme Hill

2.50 – Bet365 doing 7 places best odds guaranteed: 0.5 pts e/w on all of these: Hms Seahorse; Sa Fureur; Benson. (other options to outrun odds are Tax For Max and Watch House Cross)

3.30 – no bet (one to watch though!)

4.10 – 0.25pts e/w Lieutenant Rocco @ 100/1; 0.5pts e/w Back On The Lash @ 14/1

4.50 – 1pt e/w Final Orders; 0.75pts e/w Third Time Lucki

5.30 – no bet

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Sister loves this event so much she has a week off. Didn't bet yesterday but she had 2 winners and a few seconds and thirds.

I do enjoy the ad hoc talking to the trainers but they always get spoiled by some look at me pricks posing in the background. 

My Picks

1.30  gaelic warrior

2.10  Sir Gerhard

2.50 Benson

3.30 Editeur du gite

4.10 Delta  work

4.50 Thyme white

5.30 Its for me