Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham 2023 thread

Comments

• Options
    Crazy how everyone gets different offers, for example
    Skybet they are giving me £5 first race, lose refund etc. 
    My mate who bets regularly with them £20
    When it comes to their boosts i get £10 normally max, he gets £15
    Does anyone know the logic, i can see many are restricted on other sites but surely these boosts/ bonuses should really be the same. Is it because my mate is their fave type of customer, a VIP as such so gets all the best offers. I know he goes on vegas alot so maybe thats a factor. 
    The worst thing that could happen to Skybet is that they lose a customer of that ilk over Cheltenham should they become lured away by another company's offer as they will, potentially, lose them for everything. Equally, those that only use them when offers come up (and for a little else) are losers to them as a customer. The other thing to bear in mind is that the long term customer is less likely to take his refunded stake out and will probably end up losing it on the day anyway whereas the other type might just take it out and continue to bet with their favourite bookie for the rest of the meeting. 
  • Options
    All businesses treat customers differently. It’s no different to fans that pay for valley gold membership getting priority access to away tickets.
  • Options
    Crazy how everyone gets different offers, for example
    Skybet they are giving me £5 first race, lose refund etc. 
    My mate who bets regularly with them £20
    When it comes to their boosts i get £10 normally max, he gets £15
    Does anyone know the logic, i can see many are restricted on other sites but surely these boosts/ bonuses should really be the same. Is it because my mate is their fave type of customer, a VIP as such so gets all the best offers. I know he goes on vegas alot so maybe thats a factor. 
    The worst thing that could happen to Skybet is that they lose a customer of that ilk over Cheltenham should they become lured away by another company's offer as they will, potentially, lose them for everything. Equally, those that only use them when offers come up (and for a little else) are losers to them as a customer. The other thing to bear in mind is that the long term customer is less likely to take his refunded stake out and will probably end up losing it on the day anyway whereas the other type might just take it out and continue to bet with their favourite bookie for the rest of the meeting. 
    Yeah i get that, i use 365 mainly and only really jump on sky for the odd bet. Used to use alot more for poker but don't even play anymore so they really don't need me lol I do stick to the boosts or a big event really
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Playing a few on BFEX win & place…

13:30 High Definition 23.0 W / 6.2 P, Diverge 30.0 W / 6.8 P
    14:10 Saint Roi 10.5 W / 2.14 P
    14:50 Monbeg Genius 10.0 W / 3.0 P, Happygolucky 23.0 W / 4.9 P
    15:30 no bet
  • Options
    50p ew patent for today 
  • Options
    Right. Sorry I'm late. Had a job interview.

1.30 - 2pts win Facile Vega @ 15/8
    2.10 - 3pts win Jonbon @ 13/8 (it is incredibly rare I go bigger than 2pts win so this is a mark of confidence. I think he jumps them to pieces). Accordingly if I had to NAP it'd be him.
    2.50 - have a dart. Happygolucky; Oscar Elite; and a small amount on Iceo Madrik - all each way. 1pt e/w Happygolucky (16/1); 0.75pts e/w Oscar Elite (12/1); 0.5pts e/w Iceo Madrik (66/1). I've taken 6 places for better odds, but Sky offer 8 which is worth a shout.
    3.30 - no bet. Load up on CH freebies.
    4.10 - 2pts win Honeysuckle @ 5/2
    4.50 - three darts. 0.75pts e/w Perseus Way @ 11/1; 1pt e/w Metamorpheus (I have ante post 33/1 and would probably have 0.75pts e/w @ 20s at current odds); a speculative 0.5pts e/w Shared @ 66/1 (now 50s best price).
    5.30 - erm, no bet as I'm on Gaillard du Mesnil at 3s AP (shrewd from @palarsehater to get 16s, bloody good work mate), but maybe a small tickle on Mister Coffey each way @ 9s or thereabouts.
  • Options
    Dodgy start to the Festival.

Only time that a Palace Boy will win best turned out!! 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
  • Options
    Best horse in the race wins
  • Options

That will do, my free bet.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Sky announced with some fanfare that their Money Back offer returns. Turns out it's for a whole two pounds on win bets/win parts.

This said, I still think there is some value lurking in the Supreme for sure. At the prices I'll have my paltry £2 e/w on DIVERGE, who could be absolutely anything based on that win. 

Other thoughts coming eventually.
    Happily I did top up on this, too, for more than the £2. Righto.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barry Connell did tell us to be fair. Bet he wishes he was riding it even if no one else did!
  • Options
    Cooooome on
  • Options
    Cooooome on
  • Options
    Barry Connell did tell us to be fair. Bet he wishes he was riding it even if no one else did!
    Good Land, his other "certainty" in the Ballymore, has plummeted from 8.2 to 4.1 on Betfair. Can't help thinking that there will be quite a few ante post doubles money on the two running on. 
  • Options
    Gone for Saint Roi in the next.
  • Options

I’ll take that start on Diverge coming in third for some place money.

16:10 Marie’s Rock 4.2 win only, Brandy Love 11.5 W / 3.15 P
    16:50 Sundial 20.0 W / 4.5 P, Metamorpheus 30.0 W / 6.0 P
    17:30 Minella Crooner 8.8 W / 2.34 P
  • Options
    Impressive jumping, which is the reason I'd been on Jonbon. El Fabiolo still has work to do on measuring the odd jump, but once he's better at that then we're looking at a bit of a monster I'd say.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Small nibble at 100/1 e/w on Glamorgan Duke - related to Montys Pass and if The Goffer's fancied, why not this fella who's slightly well in with him based on their recent 1-2.
    What the hell.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I’ll take that start on Diverge coming in third for some place money.

16:10 Marie’s Rock 4.2 win only, Brandy Love 11.5 W / 3.15 P
    16:50 Sundial 20.0 W / 4.5 P, Metamorpheus 30.0 W / 6.0 P
    17:30 Minella Crooner 8.8 W / 2.34 P
    3rd, 3rd, 3rd so far!

At least they’re making the frame…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Corach Rambler and Oscar Elite - Tomorrow 2:50
    Aye 👍
  • Options
    Brilliant win by Corach Rambler.
    Really wonderful chaser - just not a winner at 34f IMHO.
    But we'll see.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    But we'll see.
    Gotta be in with a good shout Peanuts,surely?
  • Options
    But we'll see.
    He's related to Any Second Now and clearly off a great mark over 24~25f. 
    A "good shout"? Not according to my model, which reckons (other than that family connection - not unimportant but not everything), he doesn't have the stat-profile to do it over 34f.
    But it ain't a crystal ball.
  • Options
    But we'll see.
    A good shout possibly but, from a betting proposition, I think the value at 7/1 has just walked out the door. 
  • Options
    Corach Rambler - Two years in a row a winner for me 
  • Options
    Had a winner with first bet of the Festival with Corach Rambler.  Just done Constitution Hill/State Man 1-2 here.

• Options
    Some horse is CH
  • Options
    Wow, what a horse he is. Never in any doubt.
  • Options
    those of you who are there.

Do you still put your bets on via your apps, or do you use the on course bookies etc ?