Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham 2023 thread

Comments

• B365 taking my money today with 👆🏻

Good day yesterday with a free bet.  
    Today’s PP fb is on Dad’s Lad e/w. 
  • Free bets and money are good.
    But what pony promotions most of the betting firms are doing.
    A few of them in my eyes do better promotions outside of Cheltenham.
    And then some go from 1 extreme to another with their promotions.
  • edited March 2023
    I had a good day yesterday.  Let's see what today brings.

1.30 NO BET. Can't decide between the top 2 in the market.  Will watch with interest. 

2.10.  Gerri Colombe
    2.50.  Sa Fureur
    3.30.  Editeur Du Gite
    4.10.  NO BET
    4.50.  Final Orders
    5.30.  A Dream To Share
  • 1.30 Hermes Allen
    2.10 The Real Whacker
    2.50 Run for Oscar
    3.30 Edwardstone
    4.10 Delta Work
    4.50 Andy Dufresne
    5.30 A Dream to Share
  • Betfair Exchange again…

1:30. Good Land 7.2 win only / Ho My Lord 60.0 W & 8.6 P

2:10. The Real Whacker 8.4 W & 2.3 P / Galia Des Liteaux 19.0 W & 4.0 P

2:50. Run For Oscar 14.0 W & 3.65 P / Red Risk 60.0 W & 12.0 P

3:30. Edwardstone 3.0 win only

4:10. Delta Work 2.54 win only

4:50. Final Orders 10.0 W & 2.92 P / Sizing Pottsie 21.0 W & 5.0 P

5:30. no bet
  • 1.30 Gaelic Warrior @  7.2 (Ex) and American Mike @ 50.0 (Ex) & 40/1 EW
    2.10 Thyme Hill @ 10/1
    2.50 HMS Seahorse @ 13.0 (Ex), Benson @ 16.5 (Ex) and Elvis Mail @ 210.0 (Ex) & 100/1 E/W
    3.30 Energumene @ 2.82 (Ex)
    4.10 Deise Alba @ 60.0 (Ex) & 40/1 E/W and Easysland @ 66/1 E/W
    4.50 Andy Dufresne @ 9.80 (Ex)
    5.30 Fun For Fun @ 13/2
  • Crazy how everyone gets different offers, for example
    Skybet they are giving me £5 first race, lose refund etc. 
    My mate who bets regularly with them £20
    When it comes to their boosts i get £10 normally max, he gets £15
    Does anyone know the logic, i can see many are restricted on other sites but surely these boosts/ bonuses should really be the same. Is it because my mate is their fave type of customer, a VIP as such so gets all the best offers. I know he goes on vegas alot so maybe thats a factor. 
    I think you've kinda answered your own question mate.  The more you bet/play, the better your offers get.  I have a SkyBet account that I just fart about with £1 accumulators etc on the footie. I steer clear of the slots etc as I can't believe they are not a con. At least sporting events are outside the direct control pf the bookies (I hope!)   I've got up to £5 lose no bet on the first race every day at Cheltenham too
  • The biggest surprise of that first race was the Betfair SP of the winner at 4.64 (over 7/2) as opposed to the bookie SP of 5/2
  • Had an e/w bet on Captain Guinness.
  • Sponsored links:

• unsurprisingly I had my free fiver on Gaelic Warrior despite fancying the favourite.  You live and learn!
  • unsurprisingly I had my free fiver on Gaelic Warrior despite fancying the favourite.  You live and learn!
    I was on Gaelic Warrior too. Had Impaire Et Passe in the ITV7 so the dream is alive for another 20 mins or so 😅
  • What a brilliant day yesterday.   Cleaned up with Monbeg, Honeysuckle and Constitution Hill / State Man forecast.    State Man is a very, very good horse and has to find a way to not spend its career racing against Constitution Hill.   

Brilliant cheer as Honeysuckle won.    I only backed her when I realised at the course that it was not going to be as Heavy as predicted.   

Am hopeful of a decent day today, but had Hermes Allen in the first and it just couldn't find anything up the hill.  The winner is a very decent horse too.

I've got for the remaining races : - 

2.10   Gerri Colombe
    2.50   HMS Seahorse (Sky bet paying top 8)
    3.30   Edwardstone - but not backing it, unless a small win 
    4.10   Delta Work - but not backing it, unless a small win
    4.50   Final Orders
    5.30   A Dream To Share (got 6s at the weekend), It's For Me and Western Diego

Good luck all !   The 3.30 should be a cracker !

• Good to hear Dean Holden on Talks port just now, comes across as such a good guy. Hit the post day for me yesterday, hoping for a winner or two at decent odds today.

2:10 Thyme Hill, Thunder Rock (ew)

2:50 Beacon Edge, Camprond 

4:50 Andy Dufresne, Elixir De Nutz, Global Citizen

5:30 Favour and Fortune (ew), King of Kings field (ew)

• supaclive said:
    What a brilliant day yesterday.   Cleaned up with Monbeg, Honeysuckle and Constitution Hill / State Man forecast.    State Man is a very, very good horse and has to find a way to not spend its career racing against Constitution Hill.   

Brilliant cheer as Honeysuckle won.    I only backed her when I realised at the course that it was not going to be as Heavy as predicted.   

Am hopeful of a decent day today, but had Hermes Allen in the first and it just couldn't find anything up the hill.  The winner is a very decent horse too.

I've got for the remaining races : - 

2.10   Gerri Colombe
    2.50   HMS Seahorse (Sky bet paying top 8)
    3.30   Edwardstone - but not backing it, unless a small win 
    4.10   Delta Work - but not backing it, unless a small win
    4.50   Final Orders
    5.30   A Dream To Share (got 6s at the weekend), It's For Me and Western Diego

Good luck all !   The 3.30 should be a cracker !

I'm on all of those bar Final Orders. Third Time Lucky for me
  • great race

• PaddyP17 said:
    1.30 – 1pt e/w Good Land; 0.75pts e/w Champ Kiely

2.10 – 1pt e/w The
    Real Whacker; 0.5pts e/w Thyme Hill

2.50 – Bet365 doing 7 places best odds guaranteed: 0.5 pts e/w on all of these: Hms Seahorse; Sa Fureur; Benson. (other options to outrun odds are Tax For Max and Watch House Cross)

3.30 – no bet (one to watch though!)

4.10 – 0.25pts e/w Lieutenant Rocco @ 100/1; 0.5pts e/w Back On The Lash @ 14/1

4.50 – 1pt e/w Final Orders; 0.75pts e/w Third Time Lucki

5.30 – no bet
    TRW wins, so if another cops I'm in for a decent return x
  • In the last month or so, Paddy Neville has been picking off two and three runner races in the north of England  and this win makes it 6 from his last 16 runners. I think that this one is somewhat different from his ones. 
  • Another near miss, thought Camprond had that.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a performance!
  • Although it has to be said that a number underperformed
  • edited March 2023
    That was a procession
  • Wow, that was like deja vu all over again.
  • Hope you got 4 places on Lieutenant Rocco if you followed me. Sorry, should've specified, as at least 3 top firms offered 4pl
  • I did on sky only a quid ew but thanks Paddy. Here for the 2nd day and struggling to pick them so turned to CL!
  • Two free bets with PP, today & yesterday, two winners.