Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Know Your Birds? - Edit - Not That Kind!

Spotted this in the garden from the kitchen window anyone know what it’s called? (Apart from a bird!).

Comments

• Green Woodpecker. Didn’t we have a similar thread a year or so back?
  • It’s most likely feeding on ants.
  • Green Woodpecker. Didn’t we have a similar thread a year or so back?
    not from me, it’s never been in my garden!
  • Not sure just call it mate.
  • Not sure just call it mate.
    Your right, I do need a name, think I’ll call it leeeburn!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Great Tits?

[insert Kenneth Williams gif here] 
  • One at the bottom looks like some sort of finch 

• Will a JPeg do? 
  • Great Tits?

[insert Kenneth Williams gif here] 

Tits like coconuts.
  • It’s most likely feeding on ants.
    Think you're thinking of an ant eater
  •  

Have seen this in the garden over the last few weeks, a Michaelmas Blackbird
  •  

Have seen this in the garden over the last few weeks, a Michaelmas Blackbird
    I've never heard that name for a Ringed Ouzel before so I looked it up. Suggested it was Dorset terminology. 
  • edited January 2023
    Spotted this in the garden from the kitchen window anyone know what it’s called? (Apart from a bird!).
    It appears in all likelihood to be a male Leaf Shitting Woodpecker.

They make a terrible mess of my garden at the very end of summer and for some months after.
  • edited January 2023
    The great ones also bonces more..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Any ideas with this one ? had to crop the phot so its not so clear  
  • Siberian Shitehawk
  • Carter said:
    I have a patrol of these apex predator bastards hang around my Manor 

One of them dropped a rat, from height, into my back garden when I was showing some people round. I'm not going to lie, after we all screamed and shat ourselves I though raining rats was what comes before the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse 

I call him Blitzkrieg, bringer of death from above 
    Incredible! Sadly, they're being persecuted and numbers are falling fast. Nobody's being held accountable either because grouse farmers are extremely good at covering their crimes 
  • Had them in my garden a few times feeding on the Starlings  
  • fadgadget said:
    Any ideas with this one ? had to crop the phot so its not so clear  
    This is near-impossible. Best I've got is some sort of crossbill? Idk
  • Leuth said:
    Carter said:
    I have a patrol of these apex predator bastards hang around my Manor 

One of them dropped a rat, from height, into my back garden when I was showing some people round. I'm not going to lie, after we all screamed and shat ourselves I though raining rats was what comes before the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse 

I call him Blitzkrieg, bringer of death from above 
    Incredible! Sadly, they're being persecuted and numbers are falling fast. Nobody's being held accountable either because grouse farmers are extremely good at covering their crimes 
    They are definitely increasing where I live, possibly because of them adapting their habitat and moving away from grouse havens but to be honest there have always been a lot of birds of prey round here and they have plenty of food, the poor noisy asbo starlings often get eaten as do collar doves, pigeons, mice and rats when they don't drop them, when I took that photo of Blitzkrieg there was another 2 of them in the garden looking like they wanted it