Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Italy / Germany

Comments

• Options
    Flashback for Charlton fans 
  • Options
    That was a Pope fumble from his Charlton days 
  • Options
    oops, shocker from pope there 
  • Options
    Oh Nick...

Him and Ramsdale really have helped show why Pickford gets the jersey when fit
  • Options
    Pope back to his Charlton days
    Most definitely...
  • Options
    Poor from Pope.
  • Options
    Dreadful goalkeeping. 
  • Options
    Southgate tactical genius. We’ve done the double golfie, next we’re gonna win the World Cup.
    We’re shite. Can’t win a game of football to save our lives. Southgate out!
  • Options
    Exactly what Pope used to do when he started out at Charlton and many fans weren't impressed.
    He'd dive somehow not get his hands on the ball, it rebounds off his chest to the opposition who score.
  • Options
    Its odd... But Foden doesn't seem suited to International Football from what I've seen of him for England so far. 

He should absolutely boss games, but been disappointed so far, was a good decision to take him off
    Foden keeps looking for balls to be delivered and pointing where he wants it which is something he doesn't have to do with City and we are far more ponderous in doing that than when he plays with KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo, Grealish, Mahrez etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope embarrassing.
  • Options
    That's the Pope I remember watching, sadly
    Yep, that's our boy!
  • Options
    Very entertaining second half. 
  • Options
    Its odd... But Foden doesn't seem suited to International Football from what I've seen of him for England so far. 

He should absolutely boss games, but been disappointed so far, was a good decision to take him off

Yeah i think Saka deserves to start in the first group game.
  • Options
    Oh Saka... Unlucky lad
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Yeah i think Saka deserves to start in the first group game.
    I'd start Saka | Mount ahead of Sterling | Foden at this rate

But yeah it'll probably be Saka for Foden if anyone
  • Options
    Ketchup on for Germany, as a sauce of more goals.
  • Options
    Exactly what Pope used to do when he started out at Charlton and many fans weren't impressed.
    He'd dive somehow not get his hands on the ball, it rebounds off his chest to the opposition who score.
    He was caught in two minds - whether to catch it or push it away but it was too close to his chest to do the latter. This mistake and the fact that he doesn't look comfortable in an England shirt, especially with the ball at his feet, settles any questions as to who is our number one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s the point of putting Toney in the squad and not giving him a game?
    In case of injury and that is probably all which is wrong but Southgate's not prepared to gamble on a rookie given the position he finds himself in. He rather gave the game away in the pre match interview, when asked as to whether he would be bringing Toney on, he listed all the alternatives to Toney.
  • Options
    What’s the point of putting Toney in the squad and not giving him a game?
    Agreed and i think in an ideal world Southgate would've wanted to make a few changes tonight, but i think how shit we were the other night meant he had to field a strong XI tonight to try and get a good result and calm some of the growing unrest.
  • Options
    Can’t knock that for excitement 
    I only watched the second half 
  • Options
    Saka playing well up front for a left wing back
  • Options
    Not the result we wanted but so much better than a friendly.

Pickford in goal and we win that.

• Options
    Conceded what feels like 3 very preventable goals
  • Options
    Was this Pope's first Wembley England appearance?
  • Options
    Much better tonight as a whole.

If we'd brought our shooting boots tonight then we'd have been out of sight by Half Time - Football doesnt work like that though, and was good to see the effort to come back from 2-0 down.
  • Options
    What a game. Showed some character.

Pickford is key.