Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bassini/Birmingham/Simon Jordan

Comments

• Options
    Two attention seekers and fame chasers who both love the sound of their own voice. Nothing more to it.
  • Options
    He's a fraud who I'd imagine has accumulated a lot of dough through theft of sorts.
  • Options
    To think that such a venerable and well liked football club should be subjected to the machinations of a two bit conman...

Nah!

Birmingham is the shit hole of headache accent. It quite literally is a dreadful sound to make people shudder.

It's a lot worse than Liverpool 
  • Options
    To think that such a venerable and well liked football club should be subjected to the machinations of a two bit conman...

Nah!
    The same way well liked highstreet brands, supermarkets, buildings and all sort of other things have.
  • Options
    What’s the latest on this shyster…has he knocked one out or knocked Jordan out or still sniffing around Birmingham. Not long now before the season kicks off!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    What’s the latest on this shyster…has he knocked one out or knocked Jordan out or still sniffing around Birmingham. Not long now before the season kicks off!
    He isn't taking over, someone else has brought them
  • Options
    I was expecting an Italian accent..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Richardson reveals Matt Southall role in Birmingham City takeover

Richardson intends to add to the management team, with controversial former Charlton chief executive Matt Southall coming in as Blues’ new CEO

birminghammailSHARE

A general view of Birmingham City's St Andrew's stadium (Image: Matthew Lewis/Getty Images)

Paul Richardson claims his consortium is within EFL approval of becoming Birmingham City’s new owners. Together with former Argentine footballer Maxi Lopez, the businessman and Blues fan are aiming to own 21.64 per cent of Birmingham Sports Holdings within ‘a couple or three weeks’.

Richardson told BirminghamLive St Andrew’s, which is currently owned by Birmingham City Stadium Ltd, will be included in the first part of the deal, with ownership of the remainder of the club to transfer in the next two to two-and-a-half-years.

by Taboola

Sponsored Link

Homeowners should take advantage of this schemeGreen Energy Voucher

He also revealed he intends to add to the management team, with controversial former Charlton chief executive Matt Southall coming in as Blues ’ new CEO.

READ: Birmingham City takeover updates - 'Contracts exchanged' as Richardson and Lopez gain exclusivity

READ: Paul Richardson and Maxi Lopez 'exchange contracts' to complete Birmingham City takeover

“We will be adding to the team that we have got, we will assess the team that is here first and add to the team as we see necessary. Probably a CEO and CFO,” Richardson said, confirming that Southall will be coming in and admitting that he has ‘a little bit of history yes'.

Richardson added: “I have known Matt for over ten years, a personal friend, we need someone in this club that has experience in a tough environment, we have got some tough decisions to make as we move forward and we believe, myself and Maxi are right behind him, that he is the right guy to do it. I know all about the history, we have talked about it extensively. Matt, along with the CFO, will be reporting to myself and Maxi.

“We discussed everything, as I say Matt is a personal friend of mine so I know in depth about everything and there is always more than one side to a story at the end of the day. We are very clear and concise with it so no problem at all.”

READ NEXT:

Confirmed: Birmingham City make Arsenal man their fourth summer transferCeltic set to beat Birmingham City to international midfielder signingSam Cosgrove makes new beginning as Birmingham City agree deal with Jobe BellinghamTroy Deeney hits back at Birmingham City critics and reveals Lee Bowyer 'miscommunication'The latest Birmingham City news in one place

Follow BirminghamLive

FacebookTwitter

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT

Conversation

FOLLOW THIS CONVERSATION TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN NEW COMMENTS ARE POSTEDFOLLOW

Commenting is subject to our house rules.ALL COMMENTS

newest

All Comments

Start the conversation