Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bunch of Amateurs

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:
    Looks like we could get ourselves in contention for an award - if you don't mind voting for us in any category you see fit I would be very grateful! 

https://nonleaguebible.weebly.com/nlbible-awards.html

Voted 👍🏻
    Also couldn’t help but write “Saint & Greavsie” under best football programme, I’m sure that’s what they meant 
  • We made it through to the nominations - feel free to vote for us here! 

https://nonleaguebible.weebly.com/nlbible-awards.html

• edited April 2022
    PWR - Just started watching this, really like the show, not a fan of the constant one liners. 
  • You know, I didn't think they would last but the feedback on them was largely positive so I persist, although I try not to overdo it so as not to annoy those of you who are not impressed! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    You know, I didn't think they would last but the feedback on them was largely positive so I persist, although I try not to overdo it so as not to annoy those of you who are not impressed! 
    It's a must see every Sunday, Marc White is hilarious. Am sure none of the players listen to a word he says! Really preferred Barks and Mike, but the Dorking coverage is excellent.
  • edited April 2022
    JiMMy 85 said:
    You know, I didn't think they would last but the feedback on them was largely positive so I persist, although I try not to overdo it so as not to annoy those of you who are not impressed! 
    It's a must see every Sunday, Marc White is hilarious. Am sure none of the players listen to a word he says! Really preferred Barks and Mike, but the Dorking coverage is excellent.
    B&M are looking at every job that comes up and I'll follow them when they get one. They've been smart by working with Hayden Bird at Kingstonian in order to improve their contacts book. I think they've got a shot of making it at Step 6 or 5 next season. 

If Dorking win tonight, they face Kingstonian in the final of the cup. Which means Marc v Barks! 

PS as for listening to Marc - they really do listen. They have to - he kicks out any player who doesn't do as he's told! I WISH I could show you what happened on Saturday, it really highlights this point. But I couldn't do that to the player he went nuts at. 
  • Jimmy.

I feel I must apologise. I've been watching and laughing at the little snippets on tiktok and had no idea it related to this thread and you... Also that there were full videos on youtube!

My bad. Good work mate.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Keep it as it is, it's already earned 36k+ subs on youtube. 
  • edited April 2022
    Jimmy.

I feel I must apologise. I've been watching and laughing at the little snippets on tiktok and had no idea it related to this thread and you... Also that there were full videos on youtube!

My bad. Good work mate.
    Thanks Carly! It's a lesson for me because as much as TikTok helps YouTube, there's still some work to be done connecting the two. Also, is there any chance @AFKABartram might change the name of the thread to just Bunch of Amateurs? I'm not really making a film anymore!! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Keep it as it is, it's already earned 36k+ subs on youtube. 
    Thanks for your support Daz, I do appreciate you chipping in on the comments! 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a game to come to.
  • Given that it was a borderline dead rubber, it was probably the best game I've seen there! Are you coming down for a game Dazzler? The final or play-offs maybe? 
  • edited May 2022
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Given that it was a borderline dead rubber, it was probably the best game I've seen there! Are you coming down for a game Dazzler? The final or play-offs maybe? 
    Quite possibly. It's not far, I haven't checked the dates yet.

14th could be a goer from memory.
  • The Fanackapans will be at the Dorking game next Saturday ! 

Son rang to say he has tickets for himself & our 2 grandkids & asked if we fancied joining them so we'll be queuing early with the thousands of others to try to get a seat in the Family Stand. 

Really looking forward to it ! 
  • It’ll be a busy one but do come and say hello! Pretty sure I know what you look like so I’ll be keeping an eye out. 
  • Will do ! 
  • Well, the deed is now done !

Our son spotted Rich having a break with a burger & chips pre kick off & pointed me in his direction. 

We had a lovely chat in between mouthfuls ( his not mine!) & I was even privileged to be whispered a bit of insider info .....

I was seriously impressed by the DW lads. They play a high press ( I think!), tackle pretty aggressively but fairly on the whole, are full of energy running their socks off, play a neat passing game, put over brilliant crosses and were winning headers all over the pitch as well as directing the vast majority of them to their team mates ( are you listening, Jayden ?)

At 3-0 up, the 2nd half was relatively low key but regardless of the temperature, the Wanderers kept up their high work rate. 

Ebbsfleet played Dartford's conquerors, Chippenham Town this afternoon in the other semi final so the Play Off Final next weekend will be between DW and Chris Solly's current team from Gravesend & Northfleet. 

Word has it that it will be a very tough, hard fought match between the 2 teams placed immediately below Maidstone who were automatically promoted. 

As an ex Darts' supporter, I know who I'll be cheering for ! 
  • Loved the Garry Nelson / Jimmy Melrose mentions.

• Was gutted the Dorking playoff games are on Saturdays as I have cricket. Hopefully they can get the better on Ebbsfleet! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations Marc White & Dorking . 
  • Jim 85 said:
    Can’t begin to describe what we’ve all been through today. 
     No doubt the camera will mate. Sounds like a cracker 
    Congrats.
  • You can pretty much always bank on Dorking to score goals.

Very pleased for them.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Is this you getting your excuse for no commentary in early?
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Each other?
  • @JiMMy 85 in case not aware, the sport on TV section on Hawksbee & Jacobs show on Talksport featured Bunch of Amateurs just now. Nice complimentary piece. Will be featured on their podcast of the show that normally gets released about tea time.

well done mate 
  • Just watched the last episode. 

What an incredible documentary, one of the best things i've ever seen. Can't wait for next season.

You must be so proud of what you've created @JiMMy 85, just incredible. 
  • Thanks @J Block. That’s very kind. 

The last episode went really well, can’t believe the response it’s getting! The result - and nature of the goals - made it fairly easy to put together fortunately. 

People keep saying to have a nice summer break. But I’m back to filming pre-season tonight!