Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bunch of Amateurs

Comments

• What will you do if Dorking were to reach the Football League

Especially as they're just one promotion away now (If only it was that simple)

Will you keep covering them as its the continued journey of when they were a Non-League / Amateur side - Or would you decide to leave them, and take up other clubs to continue your roots?
  • I doubt I will do two more seasons either way - the format would get tired if I didn't change it up. If they went up next year (they won't) then I would have to look at continuing the journey somehow, but my guess is I will go elsewhere for a while and maybe come back to them a 2-3 years down the line. 

Barks is now a coach at Corinthian Casuals which is a club that would be perfectly suited to the channel, although I have yet to speak to the boss there. Perhaps we tee them up this year and see how it goes for next. 

I get offered clubs every week, everyone thinks they have a good story to tell and the characters to do it. And for the most part that's probably true. But Marc and I have such a great relationship on this thing, I don't want to have to think about what it'll be like with someone else (other than Barks at least). 
  • Been saving the last episode to watch this evening. No one spoil the ending!  ;) I'm sure it'll be top quality work as always @JiMMy 85
  • The half time team talk is hilarious. Fair play getting them up but it was like my old school teacher doing it. I’ve heard of keeping it basic but fucking hell 🤣
  • Posted on the "Latest films" thread after watching it tonight, having seen it live via the stream on that sunny afternoon. 

Brilliant stuff ! 

Must look up DW's fixtures for the upcoming season & try to get to a home game, if there's room ! 
  • PSF on Tuesday evening v Sutton if anyone fancies popping along.

Son & 2 grandkids now have season tickets. 
  • Enjoyed it all season. Got me through the commute. Well done @JiMMy 85 
  • I’ve just watched the final episode while the cricket is rained off  . Absolutely Fantastic. 
    I’m not exaggerating when I say I’ve enjoyed this series more than anything I’ve seen on Netflix or Sky this season  @JiMMy 85 - you should be extremely proud . 
    I even won a Twitter comp to go to a game but I had to decline because of my brush with the big C . 

I can’t wait til next season and to see if Marc and Dorking can compete with the big boys . 
  • Thanks for all your lovely comments! @Fanny Fanackapan the MSF team should be there Tuesday. Missed today's game cos of a dodgy Nando's last night! I won't be asking them to sponsor the channel that's for sure. 

And Beds, I don't think I realised that was you who won the tickets! Be great to get you along for another one soon. 

• Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I just got interviewed by Scott Minto on TalkSport. This is getting really surreal! 
    Woohoo !!! 

Onwards & upwards for sure ! 
  • 'It started as a social thing' - Dorking Wanderers manager, owner & chairman Marc White on rise to National League

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62456202
  • clive said:

'It started as a social thing' - Dorking Wanderers manager, owner & chairman Marc White on rise to National League

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62456202
    Thanks for the heads up, clive.
  • Cracking result vs Chesterfield
  • Cracking result vs Chesterfield
    Not quite how the manager saw it! Chesterfield were very, very good until their keeper went off. DW usually hammer ten men with their pattern of play, and in fairness they mostly did. But Marc was... unsatisfied with only getting two goals against an outfield player in goal. There is very little I can use from the post-match team talk as I try not to let individual hammerings go public! 
  • Started shooting at Corinthian Casuals last night. That club has probably the greatest backstory in amateur football! 
  • Good luck to the Wanderers at Oldham tomorrow .

Live on BT Sport at 5.20pm.

Was going to purchase a month's coverage & record the match as we'll be in Sheffield but at £29 , decided against it. 
  • I actually went to Dorking over the Bank Holiday to have a nose and saw them get spanked by a decent Boreham Wood. The ground is tiny for what they require, with little room for expansion. Super Marc is meant to be in negotiations to buy the ground from the Surrey FA?
  • I actually went to Dorking over the Bank Holiday to have a nose and saw them get spanked by a decent Boreham Wood. The ground is tiny for what they require, with little room for expansion. Super Marc is meant to be in negotiations to buy the ground from the Surrey FA?
    The ground is council owned with Surrey FA as the primary tenants and Dorking as secondary. Dorking were looking at a move closer to Westhumble but the council would prefer them to stay in the town hence the offer to discuss the sale/ development of Meadowbank. I don't know where those discussions have got to but there is more room to develop than you might think - there is land around the back of ends and along the housing side that is available to build on. Either way they have to build behind the far goal before March to stay in the NL. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice. Will watch this on lunch.
  • Don't get too excited - it's just a trailer!! 
  • Looking forward to watching it all unfold.

Pleased to see the result from last night's match.

Onwards & upwards, DW ! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Don't get too excited - it's just a trailer!! 
    Ah okay, looking forward to it. They're having a real mixed bag of a season so far. 
  • Yeah they've played a lot of the heavy hitters which has made the start of the season really tough, but I think last night showed they can survive in the NL. Especially as they only had about 15 fit players. 
  • Another great result yesterday v Dagenham & Redbridge. 

So many teams that Addicks will know in this league inc Oldham, Notts County, Scunthorpe, Barnet and DW's opponents on Tuesday evening, Yeovil. Not too long ago they were in our league....

Quite a sobering thought, isn't it ? 

Keep adding those points on the table, lads. You're doing so well. 
  • Congratulations on getting married @JiMMy 85
  • Cheers Beds! This reply is coming to you directly from Maldives! Much to Marc’s chagrin - I filmed them losing a few games then went on a stag do, wedding and honeymoon. Thus I didn’t film them beating Notts County, Barnet or Dagenham. Within 24 hours of getting back I’ll be driving to Altrincham as I can’t risk missing any more good games! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Cheers Beds! This reply is coming to you directly from Maldives! Much to Marc’s chagrin - I filmed them losing a few games then went on a stag do, wedding and honeymoon. Thus I didn’t film them beating Notts County, Barnet or Dagenham. Within 24 hours of getting back I’ll be driving to Altrincham as I can’t risk missing any more good games! 
    Congrats indeed, Rich ! 

Trust you're having a lovely, well earned rest in the Maldives whilst your lad are doing the business :smile:

Yeovil at home tomorrow night before you drive north on Saturday.

And Eastleigh at home in the FA Cup.

Onwards & upwards with MW !