Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021

Good to see Sam Lavelle still moving quicker than Ben Watson.
    Well the shopping trolley has a better turning circle than Watderfuckson!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's Lavelle In Asda
    With Charlie Kirk taking the image. 

Good to see the new boys are getting along together
    Fellow northerners, both moved down sarf at around the same time

It makes sense that they hang around together, they can speak their own language to each other  ;)
    Supprised they have got their whippets with them, probably outside.  I wonder if they ever did find the tripe and onions ready meal. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:
    I wouldn't go that far. If he was actually that good, we wouldn't have shipped goals in for fun since Cheltenham. He's a work in progress.
    Agreed.  He’s underwhelming, thus far, for me. 
    He's no Paddy Bauer, Ryan Inniss, Michael Morrison, Naby Sarr, Akin Famewo, Deji Oshilaja or even a Gunter. 

He's certainly got room for improvement, but he's stepping up and looked decent against the best side we've played this season. 
    Based on the little we've seen so far I think he's better than Oshilaja and Gunter. Can see him doing well for us.
    agreed - he may well go on to be better than most of those dazzler mentions and become a real fan favourite - he's similar to pearce but is taller, quicker and more athletic 
  • Options
    I'm surprised we've not had an injury update yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm surprised we've not had an injury update yet
    Presumably will be discussed at the weekly briefing (Thursday??) or the club is still waiting on results themselves. 
  • Options
    Tore his groin & had surgery
  • Options
    Here we go again, good luck with your recovery Sam.
  • Options
    Deji Elerewe come on down, son. 
  • Options
    That's about 3-4 months out if I am correct?

That sucks, do we know when Innis is due back (for the few games before he gets injured again)? Good chance for Deji to step up though.
  • Options
    Probably looking at 3 months recovery
  • Options
    Same old injury issues for us as a Club. 2 1st choice CBs out for mid/long term. Great.

At least nobody felt the need to tell us that our sports science team are excellent during the update. 
  • Options
    Our injury record is just bizarre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be out for a few months I imagine
  • Options
    Big miss …. Now we are down to two centre backs our injury luck is ridiculous……. funny how people make an opinion on a player after a couple of games like McG one week he the best keeper in the league next he should be dropped  ….  Laville would have been ever present and as I say future captain going to be a massive miss and without Inniss we are looking very thin at centre back 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Sam_777 said:
    We simply can’t play a youth player who won’t sign a contract when we have other fit defenders. 

Sign a contract, become a regular in League One and get your big move in the summer. I have no idea why these kids are so desperate to fast-track before even proving themselves.
    Easy. MONEY.
    Of course. I just don’t understand being so married to the idea of not signing when you have…

Option A: Sign a contract, play professional football and secure a fee for the club that supported your development as a player and human being, becoming very rich once you move. 

Option B: sit on the bench and leave at the end of the season having barely played any first team football, becoming very rich once you move. 

With so many examples of us selling youngsters who go on to succeed, particularly in his position, you can’t help but question the lads character. 
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:
    We simply can’t play a youth player who won’t sign a contract when we have other fit defenders. 

Sign a contract, become a regular in League One and get your big move in the summer. I have no idea why these kids are so desperate to fast-track before even proving themselves.
    Easy. MONEY.
    Of course. I just don’t understand being so married to the idea of not signing when you have…

Option A: Sign a contract, play professional football and secure a fee for the club that supported your development as a player and human being, becoming very rich once you move. 

Option B: sit on the bench and leave at the end of the season having barely played any first team football, becoming very rich once you move. 

With so many examples of us selling youngsters who go on to succeed, particularly in his position, you can’t help but be sure that the lad’s agent is a wanker. 
    Fixed that for you
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:
    We simply can’t play a youth player who won’t sign a contract when we have other fit defenders

We don't though.

Famewo and Pearce will start. Inniss and Lavelle are injured, Gunter is a liability. Who else is there?
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:
    We simply can’t play a youth player who won’t sign a contract when we have other fit defenders

We don't though.

Famewo and Pearce will start. Inniss and Lavelle are injured, Gunter is a liability. Who else is there?
    That’s my point, Pearce comes in instead of Elerewe. If he’d signed a contract he’d be starting ahead of Pearce, as he’s not Pearce comes straight in and Elerewe goes on to the bench out of necessity.
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:

We don't though.

Mathews, Famewo, Pearce. Just like we did at Sunderland when Lavelle went off.