Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Are we treating Kirk as an official rumour? 
    Totally wrong place for it, if it is!
  • Options
    Is be interested to know how Purrington and Jephcott know each other……
    Of course they both know Colin's people in Plymouth. Of course. :wink:

• Options
    Is there such a thing as an "official rumour"?? B)
  • Options
    Nixon has no idea and is just hedging his bets.

His comment basically says, Charlton might be in for him but so might other clubs. Any one on this forum could've said that.
    Yes, I'm taking more encouragement from Nigel's video.
  • Options
    Nixon has no idea and is just hedging his bets.

His comment basically says, Charlton might be in for him but so might other clubs. Any one on this forum could've said that.
    Whether you believe Nixon or not, I should imagine that's exactly the situation.

If we're interested in the player, you can bet other clubs are too.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Oggy Red said:

NA very upbeat in today's video, even more than normal.

This bloke's a legend.

I've never known anyone in football like him. 
    Breath of fresh air.

three straight defeats and we will still all want him out.
  • Options
    https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/131201668.pdf
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing Kirk unveiled by "Scotty" Minto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make no Bones about it, I wish we'd just Uhura up and sign Kirk.
  • Options
    Thomas was asked if we could sign kirk and he replied "make it so"
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Seems to be this new thing where any player who can't be easily pigeon-holed as a target man/pacy/link up player is just described as a 'poacher' as if those really exist in the modern game, and discarded as not good enough as a result. I've seen Lewandowski and Aguero described as poachers recently. Even with Schwartz he's not really the sit and wait for the ball player that people make him out to be, something is just very wrong with his football at the moment. Just because a player isn't heavily involved in the build up of all goals doesn't mean that they just hang around on the 6 yard line waiting for a ball to come to them and offer nothing else.  It's League One, we're probably not going to find a complete striker.
    I’d call BWP or similar players poachers but if you look back at the stats in our promotion season as well as his goals he got quite a few assists. He’s still a poacher though, that doesn’t have to mean a traditional poacher from a decades ago who did nothing outside the 6 yard box.

I wouldn’t expect many L1 teams to do well playing that type of player up front as a lone striker. Even the teams that have a lot of possession like Mk Dons or Brighton under Poyet still had strikers who could compete physically and hold up the ball.
    If we are looking at Jephcott I doubt it would be as a lone front-man. I would primarily expect him to be a partner to Stockley or as an alternative to Washington/DJ to give us more tactical flexibility.
    Exactly, that’s why I doubt we are. He presumably wouldn’t be cheap and we’ve played a form of 4-3-3 since NA came in. It would be strange to switch formation when we could have played a front two throughout pre-season. We’ve got the players to do it, any two of Stockley, Davison, Washington or a youngster like Ghandour could have played up front as a pair.

If we had been spending like Ipswich then I could see it, but we’re not going to have £500k+ players coming in to give us options from the bench. Anyone we pay a decent fee for will be here to start regularly.
    It's a valid point and I suspect you're right about us not looking at him in the first place. But I was wondering if he'd be used as part of the three instead of Washington or DJ - so there's the "target" of Stockley, either DJ or Washington as the wide player providing service and then Jephcott playing more narrowly, or cutting in to shoot.

It's unlikely honestly but if someone has changed regarding his availability maybe TS/NA feels it's worth taking the chance - Gallen said re: Clare they moved at very short notice.
  • Options
    Why do we cling on to these weak rumours ? It  is a fool’s enterprise.
  • Options
    Cawley would’ve dismissed Jephcott and Kirk by now
    If he wasnt on Annual Leave
  • Options
    Cawley would’ve dismissed Jephcott and Kirk by now
    On holiday for a few weeks I think he said
  • Options
    https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/131201668.pdf
    I get the point @theeenorth, apologies for not reading all 22 pages B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Oggy Red said:

This bloke's a legend.

Breath of fresh air.

three straight defeats and we will still all want him out.
    in all seriousness, one loss with a "well all that happened was we lost a game of football, there are worse things in the world" and i would want him out!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Hal1x said:
    Oggy Red said:

This bloke's a legend.

Breath of fresh air.

three straight defeats and we will all want him out.
    Nigel's morning video after 3 straight defeats:

"For feck's sake everybody, I've had no sleep worrying about my job. It's pissing down and there's no new player's signing.

Can't even put out a team for Saturday. Whining is brilliant". :smile:

Still be a legend though!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Floebot said:
    Nixon saying "something in Kirk" on twitter 
    Spock?
    I heard a rumour (well it is the rumours thread) that Kirk and Spock were once overheard talking about Palarse fans - when Kirk ask who those people were, Spock replied "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it".

I'm here all week! 
    Palace Jim?
    (maybe one from the Selhurst days) 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    @Dazzler21 put yourself on your own naughty list for suggesting Gunter as a left wing back on the other page.  
    I did state I'd want proper wing backs, but was more a suggestion that Jephcott and Washington could play in a 3-5-2.
  • Options
    Thomas was asked if we could sign kirk and he replied "make it so"
    Pickard GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kirk is an official rumour, it's been about since early in the window, but was not suggested by any lifers before media types - Therefore it never made it onto my list. 
    It was reported that Kirk was a player we wanted to sign last January window.
    Messed up by a greedy agent apparently, some people have said.

As a previous poster suggested, define an "official" rumour, @Dazzler21 ......? :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Hal1x said:
    Oggy Red said:

This bloke's a legend.

Breath of fresh air.

three straight defeats and we will all want him out.
    "For feck's sake everybody, I've had no sleep worrying about my job. It's pissing down and there's no new player's signing.
     Can't even put out a team for Saturday. Whining is brilliant". :smile:
    Sounds like something someone previous might say 🤐
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    @Dazzler21 put yourself on your own naughty list for suggesting Gunter as a left wing back on the other page.  
    I did state I'd want proper wing backs, but was more a suggestion that Jephcott and Washington could play in a 3-5-2.
    Sounds like straw grasping @Dazzler21, ;) ..when does a suggestion become a rumour B)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Interesting article (if a bit basic) here talking about Kirk being booed by a section of Crewe fans despite being their top assister and probably best player. Perhaps he wants out.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/opinion-boo-boys-risk-driving-17603759
    Article is over 18 months old though. Kirk is well loved by Crewe fans and they want him to stay along with Dale. 
    To be fair mate, they haven't been able to boo him since that article was written!!
    We were able to book Bowyer at MK Fins game so perhaps they could. 
    Is that a sailing club?
    🥸
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!