Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• dmjn said:
    dmjn said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    So you don't want me to bring you back a half and half scarf E?
    Does such a thing really exist??? 
    Yes
    Must attempt to track one down 
    and then burn it
  • The match against Celtic will be played - I imagine - at Dragon Park in the Newport Sports Village - judging from Streetview, there is only a metal mesh fence around it, so if you were in the area you could just saunter up and watch through the fence
  • dmjn said:
    You wait forever for your dream game and then it's behind closed doors in Wales 
    many people i know including myself have attended matches that state behind closed doors.

Dont give up just like that.;

• Just bought mine - only 5 min walk from my house 😃
  • 4 bagged 
  • Golfie Jnr just bought 2  -  1 for him & one for a mate. £2 for U18's......he's well chuffed as he turns 18 in September !! I wont be going as it's the Open that weekend. 
  • Golfie Jnr just bought 2  -  1 for him & one for a mate. £2 for U18's......he's well chuffed as he turns 18 in September !! I wont be going as it's the Open that weekend. 
    Playing?
  • For those not familiar with the Dartford F.C.,the ground is right next to a delightful par 3 golf course,this is ideal if you are time limited or maybe not up to 18 holes on the usual courses.Bit off topic,but the guy who runs it Paul Page,does a great job and deserves a plug.He played amateur golf at the highest level(Played Tiger once),and is an excellent teacher.As a senior I pay £20.00 month for unlimited use,green fees available daily.
    Played there today,bit pissed off that I didnt know tickets where on sale,so had to go through the usual procedures when I got home.
    Intrigued.  On average a hole would be around 150 yards long?
  • Sponsored links:

• A bit shorter,shortest is about 90 yds up to 130-140,very tiny greens,well kept,with plenty of problems to be had for wayward shots,greenside bunkers on most holes which are not easy.
  • Zzzzzz
  • A bit shorter,shortest is about 90 yds up to 130-140,very tiny greens,well kept,with plenty of problems to be had for wayward shots,greenside bunkers on most holes which are not easy.
    A pitch n putt then.
    A 7 or 9 iron off the tea.  It sounds nice.
  • edited May 2021
    For those that have bought tickets already, did you have to create multiple accounts? ( for the Dartford match).

trying to get a couple of tickets, and won’t let me use my member number issued with to get more than 1 ticket?
  • For those that have bought tickets already, did you have to create multiple accounts?

trying to get a couple of tickets, and won’t let me use my member number issued with to get more than 1 ticket?
    You just have to assign the second one to a different name, no account for them required
  • edited May 2021
    For those that have bought tickets already, did you have to create multiple accounts?

You just have to assign the second one to a different name, no account for them required
    Thanks for the tip, sorted!!

I think I was going wrong by trying to assign the account number I’d created to the 2nd ticket, but by entering it once and leaving the other one blank (just putting in a name) it seems to have worked!
    ‘mate’, rightyho, feel sorry for his girlfriend if he’s introducing her into a life of purgatory poor lass.
    ‘mate’, rightyho, feel sorry for his girlfriend if he’s introducing her into a life of purgatory poor lass.
    No, not his girlfriend.........not this time. Is thinking of taking her to Welling or maybe if we play someone else local like Dagenham or Orient.
    A pitch n putt then.
    Probably an upgrade on the normal pitch and putt,but your iron suggestions are about  right.
    A pitch n putt then.
    Probably an upgrade on the normal pitch and putt,but your iron suggestions are about  right.
    I found these pitch n putts improved my short game tremendously.
  • Sponsored links:

• On Dartford game would concessions mean over 65 years olds ?? 
  • Dartford sold out.
  • I'm always interested in what aways we have, first team or reserve/development squads. It's always great to go to different places.
    People never believe that I have seen Charlton out in Valencia.
    Almost as good as in Paris v France. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    With the Indian virus there I no guarantee of 21st June lifting at the moment.  Boris said so today. I wa t football and the rather than streaming and a bottle of beer. 
    Some of your posts make chippy appear coherent. 
    Prescriptive text, apparently.
    Should be banned. 
  • Chizz said:
    With the Indian virus there I no guarantee of 21st June lifting at the moment.  Boris said so today. I wa t football and the rather than streaming and a bottle of beer. 
    Some of your posts make chippy appear coherent. 
    Yes, I just read it again . Apart from pressing the space bar instead of the letter 'n' in want I rewrote one sentence and left a word in from the old
    sentence. I should have reason it before posting. 

Thank you for your caring comment 

Oh irony, thy name is Addick1956. 
  • dmjn said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Yes
    I always remember seeing half and half scarves and hats with Charlton/Rangers or Charlton/Celtic during our days at Selhurst
    I’ve been a bit of a Celtic follower since The Lions of Lisbon but I find the thought of those somewhat revolting. 
  • I remember I tried to get a Charlton/ Celtic ski hat and had no luck.
  • edited May 2021
    I'm always interested in what aways we have, first team or reserve/development squads. It's always great to go to different places.
    People never believe that I have seen Charlton out in Valencia.
    Almost as good as in Paris v France. 
    Nah.

• Great place Celtic Manor….don’t remember seeing a football pitch there 
    I thought the same, and Google Earth doesn't suggest many places to play unless its jackets for goalposts in the car park. The Vale Resort a bit further down the M4, however, has some lovely pitches...
  • dmjn said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Yes
    I always remember seeing half and half scarves and hats with Charlton/Rangers or Charlton/Celtic during our days at Selhurst
    Charlton/Inter Milan (as we call them)