Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• edited May 18
    Who's up for a trip to Wales?
  • Whose up for a trip to Wales?
    Gavin and Stacey?
  • Who's up for a trip to Wales?
    To play Newport County our first opponents next season!
  • Away to Bideford, Tiverton and Torquay would suit me just fine. 
  • Who's up for a trip to Wales?
    Chris Gunter, probably.
  • AndyG said:
    bobmunro said:
    Nantwich Town would be a good choice for a pre-season friendly!
    Or Conahs Quay Nomads please 🤭🤭🤭
    They've got Neil Danns
  • Charlton u23x v West Ham 23s - Saturday 17th July @Rush Green
  • PopIcon said:
    Charlton u23x v West Ham 23s - Saturday 17th July @Rush Green
    In the old days fans would be allowed to attend.  Games at training grounds are almost a no go nowadays, shame.
  • So are there any dates announce for anything other than the Dartford game?
  • Sponsored links:

• So are there any dates announce for anything other than the Dartford game?
    Not yet. I'm expecting some more this week.
  • Hasnt the Welling game been announced for the 7th?
  • Sutton would be a good one .. BUT I wonder where they will be playing their home games next season, or at least the first few until/if the plastic is dug up 
  • Chizz said:
    With the Indian virus there I no guarantee of 21st June lifting at the moment.  Boris said so today. I wa t football and the rather than streaming and a bottle of beer. 
    Some of your posts make chippy appear coherent. 
    Yes, I just read it again . Apart from pressing the space bar instead of the letter 'n' in want I rewrote one sentence and left a word in from the old
    sentence. I should have reason it before posting. 

Thank you for your caring comment 

• Hasnt the Welling game been announced for the 7th?
    Nothing official  - just someone saying they had heard the date from someone "close to Welling". Perhaps the landlord of the Guy Earl of Wawick....?
  • Sutton would be a good one .. BUT I wonder where they will be playing their home games next season, or at least the first few until/if the plastic is dug up 
    If Sutton aren't trying to set up a pre-season game with Coventry, they're missing a trick.
  • can I just add, that it's bollocks that they have to rip the pitch up, if the clubs were serious about finding ways to help themselves financially, lifting the ban on 3G would be a good start
  • Rothko said:
    can I just add, that it's bollocks that they have to rip the pitch up, if the clubs were serious about finding ways to help themselves financially, lifting the ban on 3G would be a good start
    Not only is it a complete waste of resources, the community also loses a major asset as Sutton rent it out to a whole range of different groups
  • Rothko said:
    can I just add, that it's bollocks that they have to rip the pitch up, if the clubs were serious about finding ways to help themselves financially, lifting the ban on 3G would be a good start

Or don't put one in?
  • Sponsored links:

• They're looking to build a 3G facility locally so that can continue. 
  • A tour of the west riding would be nice.  Guiseley, Halifax, Bradford, Huddersfield then Leeds.  A nice gradual increase in quality of opposition.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    A tour of the west riding would be nice.  Guiseley, Halifax, Bradford, Huddersfield then Leeds.  A nice gradual increase in quality of opposition.  
    We should really start with Sheffield Wednesday and then the rest is fine 
  • Rothko said:
    In all honesty, the standard of the best artificial pitches have reached a point where I think football could adopt them across the board. It would transform revenues that can be made, especially for smaller clubs.

I recall in my last season managing an U-18 team, we played on a brand new pitch at Cheshunt FC and it was another level. Definitely good enough.
  • It’s at a Golf Resort in Newport, Wales.
    Yeah I accidentally confused it with being in Scotland at first
  • Looks like the game will be available to watch on CharltonTV
  • Celtic Manor Resort is located near Newport, Wales.
    https://www.celtic-manor.com/