Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• Great place Celtic Manor….don’t remember seeing a football pitch there 
  • Who's up for a trip to Wales?
    Henners ITK as always... 
    Thanks for remembering that one @Algarveaddick

@Dazzler21, don't put me on the list.

Now just need to get a couple of tickets

Oh, it's a grand old team to play for.....
  • hermann said:
    When was the last time Welling wasn't the 'traditional pre-season curtain raiser'? Won't feel right not seeing that phrase on the OS this year!
    Welling was pencilled in for 7th July just waiting on confirmation 
  • hermann said:
    When was the last time Welling wasn't the 'traditional pre-season curtain raiser'? Won't feel right not seeing that phrase on the OS this year!
    Welling was pencilled in for 7th July just waiting on confirmation 
    Tweet today says the Celtic game will kick off our pre-season, so presume Welling game won’t be 7th July anymore 
  • 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    Imagine it'll be a behind closed doors affair with players getting a maximum of 45 minutes each. Might even be a rolling subs situation. The first proper 90 minute match will be reserved for Welling, I'm sure.

What does Celtic's European football look like this summer? (Genuine question, not a dig)

Can imagine their fitness will be levels above ours by early July.
  • Imagine it'll be a behind closed doors affair with players getting a maximum of 45 minutes each. Might even be a rolling subs situation. The first proper 90 minute match will be reserved for Welling, I'm sure.

What does Celtic's European football look like this summer? (Genuine question, not a dig)

Entering Champions League second qualifying round with two legged ties set to be played 20/21 July and 27/28 July.
  • DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    So you don't want me to bring you back a half and half scarf E?
    It’s a lovely gesture, but no thanks.......

then again, I could light my bbq with it as it will be mid summer 😀
  • Imagine it'll be a behind closed doors affair with players getting a maximum of 45 minutes each. Might even be a rolling subs situation. The first proper 90 minute match will be reserved for Welling, I'm sure.

Celtic are in the Champions League but start in the second qualifying round.

First leg 20–21 July, second leg 27–28 July so I would expect them to be ahead of us in terms of preparations.

Although since the Celtic board are still faffing about appointing a manager  (howe still favourite) who knows if they will be ready.

NARAWA will still win.

• I’m much more excited about the idea of going to Dartford away than watching us play Celtic on a stream.

Entering Champions League second qualifying round with two legged ties set to be played 20/21 July and 27/28 July.
    They also have a friendly lined up against West Ham in July - The first game of the SPL is also around 31st July so starts a week earlier than us so I'd expect Celtic to return for pre-season sooner and so be fitter than our players (well thats probably going to be a given anyway)
  • I don't recall us ever playing Celtic before in a pre-season match.
  • PopIcon said:
    I don't recall us ever playing Celtic before in a pre-season match.
    Played Farsley Celtic some years ago.

• DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    You going to be there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    You going to be there?
    If I can be.
  • It’s at a Golf Resort in Newport, Wales.
    Absolutely gutting, just booked a holiday in Cornwall, was absolutely convinced, convinced I tell ya we were doing a preseason tour in the West Country, going by the rumours on here!
  • It’s at a Golf Resort in Newport, Wales.
    Absolutely gutting, just booked a holiday in Cornwall, was absolutely convinced, convinced I tell ya we were doing a preseason tour in the West Country, going by the rumours on here!
    What a plastic. It’s only 6 hours there and back to watch us smash those Celtic slugs 5-0
  • DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Does such a thing really exist??? 
  • dmjn said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Yes
  • dmjn said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Yes
    I always remember seeing half and half scarves and hats with Charlton/Rangers or Charlton/Celtic during our days at Selhurst
  • Is the Celtic match deffo behind closed doors 
  • Is the Celtic match deffo behind closed doors 
    Note to self, read the article!
  • Maybe they will combine the 2 sports & play footgolf......if so then Jonnie Jacksom has some experience going by a video posted on here last month when he played against someone from the comms team iirc.
  • dmjn said:
    DA9 said:
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Yes
    Must attempt to track one down