Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID outbreak at Lincoln City - game rearranged for 4th May at 7pm (p5)

Comments

• Options

Will the Charlton game be affected too?

“We’ve got to count back and look at certain activity. Private conversations need to be had with the EFL and Charlton, who have to be consulted as part of the decision-making process.

“It’s fair to say there are still unknowns. Hopefully we’ve got on top of this but further cases could present themselves in the next few days.

“All of that has to go into this before a decision can be made.”

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lincoln-city-scully-mk-charlton-5247926

• Options
    MATCH POSTPONED
  • Options
    Mrs will be happy, it's her birthday. 

• Options
    Irritating as we had the advantage of fewer midweek games to cram in over our rivals

You imagine MKD as the first game postponed will get precedence, and thus the 13th April date, with our game played on the 4th May?
  • Options
    And potentially Adkins' first home game won't be until the 17th April!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Irritating as we had the advantage of fewer midweek games to cram in over our rivals

You imagine MKD as the first game postponed will get precedence, and thus the 13th April date, with our game played on the 4th May?
    Dunno that puts it inbetween Ipswich and Portsmouth; 4th May puts it between Fleetwood and Rochdale for them

On the other hand for us...

13th puts it between Sunderland and Ipswich, 4th puts it between Accrington and Hull

If I were Milton Keynes I'd force us to take the 13th, three big games in a week, thats a hindrance for us - Might well allow them to leapfrog us in the table - Only two points behind us as things currently stand.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I now have a club to add to my hate list along with 
    Palace 
    Millwall 
    Sheff wed 
    .Lincoln I seriously hope you cheating c***s are non league very soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Palace 
    Millwall 
    Sheff wed 
    Add Peterborough to the list as well, they did no differently themselves

Bristol Rovers another side who tried it, and almost succeeded when they took a 2-0 lead at the Valley - Think it annoys me more because we had Oshilaja and Levitt missing after Burton away because of COVID and didnt start getting games called off
  • Options
    Good to know that even COVID sees League One as the best here in England.

The amount called off at this level compared to any others in the top four tiers is ridiculous
    The nightmare for the EFL would be another club getting Covid cases nearer the end of the season, as postponements will also damage the prospects of the opponents, if they too are forced to play a ridiculous number of games in the final week
  • Options
    bit dissapointing , birthday tuesday..... only thing to look forward  ;(
  • Options
    Seriously pissed off at this. So much wrong with those administering the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Palace 
    Millwall 
    Sheff wed 

Bristol Rovers another side who tried it, and almost succeeded when they took a 2-0 lead at the Valley - Think it annoys me more because we had Oshilaja and Levitt missing after Burton away because of COVID and didnt start getting games called off
    Our Covid absences tended to be spread out, rather than an attack of the virus which impacted several players at once. From memory we've had 3 Covid related problems

Chuks
    Levitt, with Oshiaja having to self isolate
    Morgan having to self isolate

Chuks was probably the one we missed most at the time, whereas the other 3 are more squad players and had long periods of "Bowyer not liking them" absences anyway
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Palace 
    Millwall 
    Sheff wed 

Our Covid absences tended to be spread out, rather than an attack of the virus which impacted several players at once. From memory we've had 3 Covid related problems

Chuks
    Levitt, with Oshiaja having to self isolate
    Morgan having to self isolate

Chuks was probably the one we missed most at the time, whereas the other 3 are more squad players and had long periods of "Bowyer not liking them" absences anyway
    Not convinced Chuks had it, as if he did he was stupid enough to go out and get a McDonalds more than once.......
  • Options
    Seriously pissed off at this. So much wrong with those administering the game.
    Why? The Inniss is probably the most important player with regards to regaining any form
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Absolute piss take. We've been done like a kipper  AGAIN. 

Looking forward to a club doing this a week before the end of the season & see how the EFL react then when the season cant finish on time.

Would love to know EXACTLY when the tests were done & when the outcomes were known. Anytime before March 28th and there is no reason why our game should be called off. 

But don't worry, the EFL will only fine you if you buy your players a burger after a game.

F**king morons running our game.

Edit.

Just read the statement by the Lincoln Chairman so will take my rant back as it appears they did tests on Monday. 

However, something dodgy going on in that neck of the woods & they'd better sort it out soon otherwise the season might have to be extended.
  • Options

Dunno that puts it inbetween Ipswich and Portsmouth; 4th May puts it between Fleetwood and Rochdale for them

On the other hand for us...

13th puts it between Sunderland and Ipswich, 4th puts it between Accrington and Hull

If I were Milton Keynes I'd force us to take the 13th, three big games in a week, thats a hindrance for us - Might well allow them to leapfrog us in the table - Only two points behind us as things currently stand.
    I'd be telling them that we can't do either date & have to play them on the 11th May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Palace 
    Millwall 
    Sheff wed 

You say that, but I’m sure that had Oshilaja missed more games this season, and not played, we’d be higher up the table now so swings and roundabouts 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    All the best to all concerned at Lincoln. Wouldn’t wish that awful disease on anyone. A couple of free Tuesday’s to fit the rearranged game in. 
    Not sure you'll be on the Christmas card list of @blackpool72 mate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Palace 
    Millwall 
    Sheff wed 
    You're all heart mate.
    He was going to the game as well.
  • Options
    The charlton WhatsApp group I’m in is saying that one of the players had a house party and that’s how it spread. Anyone heard this?
  • Options
    Who cares? I thought we'd all agreed that this season is a busted flush now.............
  • Options
    The charlton WhatsApp group I’m in is saying that one of the players had a house party and that’s how it spread. Anyone heard this?
    Looking at a "heat" map on the BBC Coronavirus section it shows that Lincolnshire has one of the highest rates of Covid infection in the UK. 
  • Options
    bit dissapointing , birthday tuesday..... only thing to look forward  ;(
    Well that @Dazzler21 has done well for himself