Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID outbreak at Lincoln City - game rearranged for 4th May at 7pm (p5)

Comments

• Options
    Golfie is talking Jorge Grant up as though he's Lewandowski.

Fuck me, the guy has got 11 league goals this season...............9 of them are penalties! 
    Not knowing anything about Lincoln I expect he offers more than just pure goals, especially if he is the first choice striker. But that being said after 6 - 8 weeks out with a reoccurring ligament injury I would expect him to be able to walk back in and start performing to his best anyway.

I personally don't really buy this conspiracy theory that Lincoln have purposesly done this to help him them out in the longer term. Not even going into how easy it would be to varify if that happened, there's way to many variables in to which to make it even worthwhile for them to attempt.

Other teams they play may also be getting players back, may get into a run of form. Fixture congestion may mean that Lincoln lose more players, or there players become fatigued etc. To me it makes no sense to even try and risk because it's just as likely to hinder as it is to help. 
    Grant isn’t a striker though. Centre midfielder I think. 
  • Options
    Golfie is talking Jorge Grant up as though he's Lewandowski.

Fuck me, the guy has got 11 league goals this season...............9 of them are penalties! 
    Not knowing anything about Lincoln I expect he offers more than just pure goals, especially if he is the first choice striker. But that being said after 6 - 8 weeks out with a reoccurring ligament injury I would expect him to be able to walk back in and start performing to his best anyway.

I personally don't really buy this conspiracy theory that Lincoln have purposesly done this to help him them out in the longer term. Not even going into how easy it would be to varify if that happened, there's way to many variables in to which to make it even worthwhile for them to attempt.

Other teams they play may also be getting players back, may get into a run of form. Fixture congestion may mean that Lincoln lose more players, or there players become fatigued etc. To me it makes no sense to even try and risk because it's just as likely to hinder as it is to help. 
    Grant isn’t a striker though. Centre midfielder I think. 
    Ah, shows how much I know about Lincoln then. Either way I feel my point still stands, that there is no way to quantify the risk/reward for pulling such a move so I just don't see why anyone would bother. 
  • Options
    Win this we will, our destiny it is.

MTFBWYAL 
  • Options
    Same night as Blackpool vs Donny 
  • Options
    https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/todays-league-one-match-thread-05-04-2021.114595/page-5

"I went passed the EPC training ground today and the players were out on the pitches training, so a bit of good news!"

Honestly, it's a joke. I don't see what good reason they can have for not playing tonight?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just waiting for Golfie to come on with the "I told you so"
  • Options
    He had a point all along. Agree with the above, they’re cheats. 
  • Options
    So we could have played tonight then
    HA  HA  HA   HA   HA   HA

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    🙊
  • Options
    Any chance we could be a test case and have fans in the ground for this? 
  • Options
    Thank you. I now feel vindicated.

Positive tests date back to March 27th. 10 day rule finished yesterday. No reason they couldn't play us.....but no, its Golfie who is acting a baby over all this.

We were done like a kipper by Peterbough & once again by Lincoln. 

Dont know why Chris Parkes accepted the postponement in the first place. As I said at the start of this it all smelt fishy. 

Was their training ground closed for 10 days? If so surely they can't be expected to then play a fixture with 0 days training and preparation. 
  • Options
    Gutted no game tonight. Breaks the week uo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the first team were allowed back in the training ground today, could they have played the game tomorrow?

If Lincoln had no more free Tuesdays left to play the fixture, I'm sure they would have chosen this option rather than having to play on a Thursday
  • Options

Positive tests date back to March 27th. 10 day rule finished yesterday. No reason they couldn't play us.....but no, its Golfie who is acting a baby over all this.

Dont know why Chris Parkes accepted the postponement in the first place. As I said at the start of this it all smelt fishy

If we’d been playing Fleetwood 🤔
  • Options
    Let's hope we hammer them on 4 May.
  • Options

Dont know why Chris Parkes accepted the postponement in the first place. As I said at the start of this it all smelt fishy. 

Was their training ground closed for 10 days? If so surely they can't be expected to then play a fixture with 0 days training and preparation. 
    I don't really see why not? Is there something in the EFL rules that says you have to have at least a day of training before a game?

If we have one more postponement towards the end of the season then we'll have to play Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday because of this Lincoln postponement. That means we'll have 0 days training between those games.
    I'm not sure what the rules are especially when it comes to Covid postponements. I totally understand what you are saying about playing quick games in succession, but that's a theoretical and currently highly unlikely scenario which could just as much effect Lincoln (who people believe are cooking the books for their benifit) as much as it would us.

The way I see it is if our training ground was shut for 10 days due to a Covid outbreak, and then the day it opened we were expected to play a fixture that evening I'd think that was hugely unfair. 
  • Options
    Doesn't do much for the "integrity" of a league if a team that are prevented by law from training have to play a game.
  • Options
    Opportunistic piss taking, end of.  I would like to think we would have the nouse in that situation but we are too nice!
  • Options
    As others have mentioned, surely we could have played tomorrow. No fans to worry about in terms of arranging travel etc. 
  • Options
    It is what it is
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It is what it is
    I'll remind you of that when they beat us on May 4th because they have finally found some form & have their top goalscorer back.

As for the posters who say its not fair they cant train - I hope the EFL will let us postpone a match next time a couple of our players go down with a virus & therefore cant train for a few days.