Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID outbreak at Lincoln City - game rearranged for 4th May at 7pm (p5)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    Even more annoyed about this now we’ve won. Momentum is a massive thing.
    This, and the big reason why the game should not be postponed. I'm sure  there is some jigggery pokey going on, esp when it was Lincoln themselves who did the tests off their own bat. What greater excuse is there, in the middle of a pandemic, to say "sorry, players positive, call the game off". 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    This, and the big reason why the game should not be postponed. I'm sure  there is some jigggery pokey going on, esp when it was Lincoln themselves who did the tests off their own bat. What greater excuse is there, in the middle of a pandemic, to say "sorry, players positive, call the game off". 
    Mmmmm......To have lied about the results and ask everyone involved within the club to lie is one hell of an ask.
    The players wives and girlfriends etc would also have to keep quiet too.
    I doubt Lincoln would go as far as telling outright lies that may come out either now or in the future.....way too risky if you ask me.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Mmmmm......To have lied about the results and ask everyone involved within the club to lie is one hell of an ask.
    I doubt Lincoln would go as far as telling outright lies that may come out either now or in the future.....way too risky if you ask me.
    Is Steve Thompson back doing radio work over there?
  • Options
    They still have to play us. They haven't dodged that bullet.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Darren Moore missed Sheffield Wednesday's game today after testing positive, so it's still around
  • Options
    We get 3 extra days rest on Sunderland, although I’m  sure we can say we’re more rusty than them as an excuse 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    Is Steve Thompson back doing radio work over there?
    Yes Elfie......he got out of the pub game a few years back.
    Still does his radio punditry and is a very well known and liked personality in the county.
    My god, he’s put on one he’ll of a lot of weight though.
  • Options
    I thought BBC Radio Lincolnshire sacked him for using such sexist terms as 'handbags' and 'drama queen' live on air.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Addickted said:
    I thought BBC Radio Lincolnshire sacked him for using such sexist terms as 'handbags' and 'drama queen' live on air.
    Last I heard he wasn’t actually sacked but has had to undergo some ‘training’ by the BBC on what is current acceptable terminology...........PC in other words.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Next week Steve Thomson will be saying 'manbags' and 'drama king.' 
    There - sorted.
    I've still never seen a man dance around his manbag or fight with it yet though. Has this become 'a thing' yet?

• Options
    Lincoln v MK is now April 13th, meaning we must play May 4th, I think.
  • Options
    Lincoln v MK is now April 13th, meaning we must play May 4th, I think.
    Good date for all the Star Wars fans.
  • Options
    Getting to the "shit hitting the fan" time for the EFL with all these postponements, i can see that very soon we are into a never ending extension of the season scenario, we can't afford another game being called off, with the same being for other teams, before the 8th May level playing field final day, could be very interesting.
  • Options
    Getting to the "shit hitting the fan" time for the EFL with all these postponements, i can see that very soon we are into a never ending extension of the season scenario, we can't afford another game being called off, with the same being for other teams, before the 8th May level playing field final day, could be very interesting.
    Well, no other club has tested positive over the past month.....just Lincoln. A team short on confidence, out of form & missing their top goalscorer through injury. Strange that. Same with Peterborough over xmas. Never happens to a team who have won their last 6 & has everyone fit. 
    What are you suggesting golfie, subterfuge  ;)

Mind you if so wasn't much of a suggestion was it, so let's just see how we go, especially come the 8th May, just needs one team to cry wolf, and the whole day is postponed until everyone is fit to turn out for the same time same day kick off eh, season could go on forever.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Well - there are some out there who think that every government, every scientist and every health care professional in the entire world is in on a hoax, so a few footy players and officials in rural Lincolnshire's a piece of piss...  :D;)  
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Dont people go on.
    If Lincoln are saying theyve cases of coronavirus,  that's good enough for me.

That's the problem.....so many people happy to accept what's being said & not questioning it.

I remembering banging in about the Peterborough game being called off OUTSIDE the 10 day isolation protocol. Nobody kicked up a fuss & look what happened. We lost the re-arranged game. We might well have lost the original one but at the time they would have had players who hadn't had trained when we were on a 4 game unbeaten run. When we played them we were in a mini slump. Just ask yourselves why they wanted to call the original game off - and remember it was ELEVEN days after positive cases were announced.

I bet if a couple of positive tests were found a week before the end of the season the EFL wouldn't say a word. No way will the last game of the season will be postponed by a week.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Dont people go on.

That's the problem.....so many people happy to accept what's being said & not questioning it.

I remembering banging in about the Peterborough game being called off OUTSIDE the 10 day isolation protocol. Nobody kicked up a fuss & look what happened. We lost the re-arranged game. We might well have lost the original one but at the time they would have had players who hadn't had trained when we were on a 4 game unbeaten run. When we played them we were in a mini slump. Just ask yourselves why they wanted to call the original game off - and remember it was ELEVEN days after positive cases were announced.

I bet if a couple of positive tests were found a week before the end of the season the EFL wouldn't say a word. No way will the last game of the season will be postponed by a week.

Get your tin foil hats here...
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Which is what I was referring to(badly) with our dear friend @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    Next week Steve Thomson will be saying 'manbags' and 'drama king.' 
    There - sorted.
    I've still never seen a man dance around his manbag or fight with it yet though. Has this become 'a thing' yet?

Yes.
    I've seen elfsborg do it in the spoons Bromley south. 

Don't cross me Rambo.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    clb74 said:
    Dont people go on.

Covid is bigger than football. 
    I'm not disputing that.

I am merely saying that Peterborough bent the rules back in late December & it worked for them. Who's to say Lincoln aren't doing the same here.

The EFL said that the testing between March 21-28 returned just 3 positive cases - all from the same club. I dont think they named that club. A day later Lincoln decided to do their own testing & came back saying a number of players & staff had tested positive & they were shutting down their training  ground. They were quite specific in again not naming anyone involved. Covid protocol says that anyone being in close contact to a person testing positive should self isolate for 10 days. My point is - if the positive tests in the EFL testing was before March 26 then the 10 days self isolation ends before our game was supposed to have been played. So, by Lincoln then having their own testing done after the 28th (and not naming who was then tested positive) they could then call our game off as any positive results (and therefore any isolation) would mean the 10 day protocol wiped out our game. Handy don't you think - especially as they havent won a game since early March when their top goalscorer got injured (along with a few other players over the past 6 weeks). Appleton is on record a week after Grant got injured saying that it would be a miracle if he played again this season but a 2nd scan would tell them more. Nothing more has been said.

Call me cynical but I'm wondering if we will see Grant play in the last couple of games.

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    clb74 said:
    Dont people go on.

I'm not disputing that.

I am merely saying that Peterborough bent the rules back in late December & it worked for them. Who's to say Lincoln aren't doing the same here.

The EFL said that the testing between March 21-28 returned just 3 positive cases - all from the same club. I dont think they named that club. A day later Lincoln decided to do their own testing & came back saying a number of players & staff had tested positive & they were shutting down their training  ground. They were quite specific in again not naming anyone involved. Covid protocol says that anyone being in close contact to a person testing positive should self isolate for 10 days. My point is - if the positive tests in the EFL testing was before March 26 then the 10 days self isolation ends before our game was supposed to have been played. So, by Lincoln then having their own testing done after the 28th (and not naming who was then tested positive) they could then call our game off as any positive results (and therefore any isolation) would mean the 10 day protocol wiped out our game. Handy don't you think - especially as they havent won a game since early March when their top goalscorer got injured (along with a few other players over the past 6 weeks). Appleton is on record a week after Grant got injured saying that it would be a miracle if he played again this season but a 2nd scan would tell them more. Nothing more has been said.

Call me cynical but I'm wondering if we will see Grant play in the last couple of games.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jorge-grant-injury-lincoln-city-5106444
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Solidgone said:
    clb74 said:
    Dont people go on.

I'm not disputing that.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jorge-grant-injury-lincoln-city-5106444
    And there we have it.

This will be my last comment on this.......be prepared to lose with Grant scoring their winner. The EFL are fools & we have been done again. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Solidgone said:
    clb74 said:
    Dont people go on.

I'm not disputing that.

And there we have it.

This will be my last comment on this.......be prepared to lose with Grant scoring their winner. The EFL are fools & we have been done again. 
    Chin up eh....

Sods bloody law golfie, lets just hope we are away and clear of them by then, lot can happen to both teams between now and May 8th
  • Options
    Golfie is talking Jorge Grant up as though he's Lewandowski.

Fuck me, the guy has got 11 league goals this season...............9 of them are penalties! 
    Not knowing anything about Lincoln I expect he offers more than just pure goals, especially if he is the first choice striker. But that being said after 6 - 8 weeks out with a reoccurring ligament injury I would expect him to be able to walk back in and start performing to his best anyway.

I personally don't really buy this conspiracy theory that Lincoln have purposesly done this to help him them out in the longer term. Not even going into how easy it would be to varify if that happened, there's way to many variables in to which to make it even worthwhile for them to attempt.

Other teams they play may also be getting players back, may get into a run of form. Fixture congestion may mean that Lincoln lose more players, or there players become fatigued etc. To me it makes no sense to even try and risk because it's just as likely to hinder as it is to help.