Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

COVID outbreak at Lincoln City - game rearranged for 4th May at 7pm (p5)

Comments

• well if this doesn't prove the whole footballing world is conspiring against us I don't know what will
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Mrs will be happy, it's her birthday. 

Why, was she due to play.. ? 
    Nope but she'll now get 85% of my attention as I keep an eye on other results.
  • What a bstard
    6th is my anniversary, take away, booze, hot tub, realised Charlton were playing last week and casually dropped it in there which didn't go down well.
    Wish I hadn't even mentioned it now. 

Liverpool Madrid it is then. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Not really understanding the problem to be honest. Gives us a week off next week, means that after Tuesday, lots of teams will have caught us up meaning a much more balanced playing field in terms of games played. And the last thing we want is for any of our players to contract it and be out for a part of the run in.

We’re in a better position than most teams to cover this.
    Ridiculous comment!  Seriously?  What good is a “balanced playing field” to us @RC_CAFC?

We need all the friggin’ help we can get our hands on!!!! 

😉

• Must admit i don't really get the outrage here.

Gives Adkins extra time to train and get his ideas across and also gives us extra time to get Inniss, Washington and whoever else closer to fitness. 

We can maybe arrange another low key friendly game at Sparrows Lane on the 6th instead. It's not as if we're struggling to fit games in, we've got plenty of time.
  • We have now had three Covid postponements and none of them requested by us . At least the games in hand are being used now so we will get a more realistic idea of where we really are in the table .

If the house party story is true then Lincoln should be deducted points . Fines do not seem to be a strong enough deterrent .
  • We win tomorrow and it won't do us any harm. It is probably better to know where we stand in terms of games played. 

Gives Adkins extra time to train and get his ideas across and also gives us extra time to get Inniss, Washington and whoever else closer to fitness. 

We can maybe arrange another low key friendly game at Sparrows Lane on the 6th instead. It's not as if we're struggling to fit games in, we've got plenty of time.
    Not really. 2 blank midweeks left for Lincoln to play 2 games (MKD and us)

One more postponement and it will become a major problem
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Mrs will be happy, it's her birthday. 

Why, was she due to play.. ? 
    Nope but she'll now get 85% of my attention as I keep an eye on other results.
    There are no other games on Tuesday in league 1 so she will be able to have your undivided attention. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably got it from one of their barbers that all footballers seem to have managed to continue seeing  
    How bad has your barnet got mate? The fresh haircut situation seems to have really wound you up 😂
  • shirty5 said:
    All the best to all concerned at Lincoln. Wouldn’t wish that awful disease on anyone. A couple of free Tuesday’s to fit the rearranged game in. 
    It's not that awful overall let's be frank. Of course it is awful for a minority who have caught it but not the majority.

Taking all these players over the last 12 months who've tested positive, can anyone name one for whom it has been awful?

• I think the idea that LC and us are promotion rivals takes some cojones tbh...

Its more to do with who Lincoln have fit atm & that they are on a bad run. Currently their top goalscorer is out injured & could be back if we play them in a months time. 

I hope you're be happy to play them when they get a run of wins & steaming up the table & their top goalscorer scores the winner against us. 

When would you rather we played a number of matches - back in December when Innis & Famewo were out, Aneke suspended and we couldn't win for toffee or now when everyone is fit & cant be suspended.

Its more to do with who Lincoln have fit atm & that they are on a bad run. Currently their top goalscorer is out injured & could be back if we play them in a months time. 

I hope you're be happy to play them when they get a run of wins & steaming up the table & their top goalscorer scores the winner against us. 

When would you rather we played a number of matches - back in December when Innis & Famewo were out, Aneke suspended and we couldn't win for toffee or now when everyone is fit & cant be suspended.
    Are Inniss and Washington match fit and ready now?

They will probably supply  their own ref anyway Golfie - like they did in the home game... 
  • The charlton WhatsApp group I’m in is saying that one of the players had a house party and that’s how it spread. Anyone heard this?
    Noels house party?
  • shirty5 said:
    All the best to all concerned at Lincoln. Wouldn’t wish that awful disease on anyone. A couple of free Tuesday’s to fit the rearranged game in. 
    It's not that awful overall let's be frank. Of course it is awful for a minority who have caught it but not the majority.

Taking all these players over the last 12 months who've tested positive, can anyone name one for whom it has been awful?

Perhaps you need to reword this post.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    They have supplied that ref to Doncaster for tomorrow's game. He surely can't be as bad again.
  • edited April 2021
    They have supplied that ref to Doncaster for tomorrow's game. He surely can't be as bad again.
    Eight penalties given this season in nineteen games...

https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/1141/Show/Marc-Edwards
  • edited April 2021
    The charlton WhatsApp group I’m in is saying that one of the players had a house party and that’s how it spread. Anyone heard this?
    Incorrect......it was Grimsby, which of course is in Lincolnshire.
  • edited April 2021
    The charlton WhatsApp group I’m in is saying that one of the players had a house party and that’s how it spread. Anyone heard this?
    Incorrect......it was Grimsby, which of course is in Lincolnshire.
    Was Grimsby ever in Humberside? Does Humberside still exist?
  • Not for the last 25 years.
  • shirty5 said:

Not really the place to have a debate around this topic but probably worth reading this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56601911 -

Or remember how it's effected people like Steve Cotterill, or even what Chuks Aneke said about it:

“The first two or three days I was bed-ridden,” said Aneke. “I was one of those people who was quite sceptical about it before I had it.

“I was almost like ‘is it a real thing?’ It’s definitely a real thing.

“I was deffo very ill the first couple of days. After that I was fine.

Probably not worth playing down the risk in my opinion. Even in fit footballers. 
    So the worst case amongst professional footballers that anyone can think of is someone who was 'very ill the first couple of days. After that I was fine.'

Even in the BBC article you linked up it states:

'Most people who get coronavirus feel better in a few days or weeks, and the majority will make a full recovery within 12 weeks. But for some people, symptoms can last longer'.

I know some people don't like me flagging this up. I also know of some people who have been hospitalised. The point is that after one year there have been no serious cases for young, fit professional footballers. 

Personally my opinion is that if we can't have spectators then they shouldn't be playing anyway. Either there's a risk or there isn't. 
  • shirty5 said:

Not really the place to have a debate around this topic but probably worth reading this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56601911 -

Or remember how it's effected people like Steve Cotterill, or even what Chuks Aneke said about it:

“The first two or three days I was bed-ridden,” said Aneke. “I was one of those people who was quite sceptical about it before I had it.

“I was almost like ‘is it a real thing?’ It’s definitely a real thing.

“I was deffo very ill the first couple of days. After that I was fine.

Probably not worth playing down the risk in my opinion. Even in fit footballers. 
    So the worst case amongst professional footballers that anyone can think of is someone who was 'very ill the first couple of days. After that I was fine.'

Even in the BBC article you linked up it states:

'Most people who get coronavirus feel better in a few days or weeks, and the majority will make a full recovery within 12 weeks. But for some people, symptoms can last longer'.

I know some people don't like me flagging this up. I also know of some people who have been hospitalised. The point is that after one year there have been no serious cases for young, fit professional footballers. 

Personally my opinion is that if we can't have spectators then they shouldn't be playing anyway. Either there's a risk or there isn't. 
    Huge difference in risk between players in a bubble and thousands of spectators all travelling to a game.
  • Even more annoyed about this now we’ve won. Momentum is a massive thing.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Even more annoyed about this now we’ve won. Momentum is a massive thing.
    Especially with a trip to Sunderland coming up afterwards