Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• Options
    Some good news, Bayern are refusing to let Lewandowski travel for the England game because government rules say he will have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon his return.
    Good news for us, but it makes a mockery of international football if countries aren't able to pick players because of Covid restrictions
  • Options
    Actually seeing Lewandowski WILL be playing for Poland and Bayern have granted him permission. Celebrated with a first half hat-rick yesterday for Bayern too. Will be a good test for our defenders that's for sure. 

Hopefully means Dortmund will look at giving Bellingham permission. As @ValleyGary mentioned, he is having a very strong season with Dortmund and I would prefer him over someone like Phillips when it comes to the final 23 man squad. 
  • Options
    Actually seeing Lewandowski WILL be playing for Poland and Bayern have granted him permission. Celebrated with a first half hat-rick yesterday for Bayern too. Will be a good test for our defenders that's for sure. 

Hopefully means Dortmund will look at giving Bellingham permission. As @ValleyGary mentioned, he is having a very strong season with Dortmund and I would prefer him over someone like Phillips when it comes to the final 23 man squad. 
    I'm confused by this, as it appears that Germany have changed/bent their country's rules, so that he doesn't have to self isolate for 14 days afterwards!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robert-lewandowski-england-bayern-munich-23765311

Lewandowski had been the subject of a standoff between Bayern and Poland, with the former unwilling to let the player travel to the United Kingdom and face a 14-day quarantine on his return to Germany.
    But the head of the Poland FA confirmed late on Friday the dispute has been resolved, with the 32-year-old no longer required to self-isolate after travelling to face the Three Lions.
  • Options
    With Rashford and Saka out of the San Marino game who do we think will play wide left, doubt Southgate will change from the 4-3-3 we have seen recently. Hope it isn't Lingard.

Maybe he will play Foden there and bring Bellingham into the middle 3. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    one continuing mystery .. why is one of the most consistent and unsung Premier league players never selected ? .. Marc Albrighton .. I suspect it's because he is a quiet. unassuming man with no flash agent, who just goes about his work under the radar in a very professional manner
    I have assumed you might be joking, however in the past i was surprised he wasn't given a look in. Now, i dont think he is anywhere near. Solid player in one of the top team though, doesn't play as often as he used too now though does he? sorry i dont always keep track
  • Options
    one continuing mystery .. why is one of the most consistent and unsung Premier league players never selected ? .. Marc Albrighton .. I suspect it's because he is a quiet. unassuming man with no flash agent, who just goes about his work under the radar in a very professional manner
    Where would you play him? Albrighton is a decent player and I'm surprised he never got a cap around the time Drinkwater did on the back of winning the title, but no way is he International quality, particularly now. 
  • Options
    With Rashford and Saka out of the San Marino game who do we think will play wide left, doubt Southgate will change from the 4-3-3 we have seen recently. Hope it isn't Lingard.

Maybe he will play Foden there and bring Bellingham into the middle 3. Fingers crossed.
    Sterling left and Foden right surely? 
  • Options

Grealish maybe?
  • Options
    Pope
    Pikford
    Henderson

Trent
    Reece James

Maguire
    Stones
    Keane
    Mings

Chilwell
    Shaw

Rice
    Henderson
    Ward prowse 

Greenish
    Mount
    Forden

Rashford
    Grealish
    Sterling
    Sancho

Kane
    Calvert lewin

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Grealish maybe?
    Grealish and sancho both not in squad due to injuries 
  • Options

Grealish maybe?
    Grealish and sancho both not in squad due to injuries 
    Ah ok hadn't seen that.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Pope
    Pikford
    Henderson

Trent
    Reece James

Maguire
    Stones
    Keane
    Mings

Chilwell
    Shaw

Rice
    Henderson
    Ward prowse 

Greenish
    Mount
    Forden

Rashford
    Grealish
    Sterling
    Sancho

Kane
    Calvert lewin

You cannot leave out Kyle Walker IMO. 
  • Options
    I am enjoying all the usual hype for the squad ahead of the euros, it isn't any fun without it. 

There does seem to be a lot more people assuming we will go quite far, which for the love of god I hope we do. 

However, I think (unfortunately) a few are forgetting or don't know, should we win our group, which again you would like to think we would...We have a horrific side of the draw. 

Win our group and we meet the runner up in the group of death:

France
    Portugal
    Germany
    Hungary (unlikely)

...in the ro16 and likely face Spain after that. The dream could be over before it really gets going. 
  • Options
    It is a pet hate of mine that England managers don't ignore games against teams like San Marino in terms of prep. It won't help. For me, you play three at the back and two of those are wing backs. four in midfield and three up front every time. 
  • Options
    This is apparently the team we're going with tonight, according to the Mirror that is

Pope; James, Coady, Stones, Shaw; Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Bellingham; Mount, Calvert-Lewin, Lingard
  • Options
    This is apparently the team we're going with tonight, according to the Mirror that is

Pope; James, Coady, Stones, Shaw; Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Bellingham; Mount, Calvert-Lewin, Lingard
    Well I won’t be watching that
  • Options
    The only thing I would say is a player like Kane would probably be desperate to play in a game like this to boost his stats.
  • Options

Scrappy 3-0 win, after not scoring for 40 mins we'll get a goal from Calvert-Lewin pouncing on a poor back pass. 

A header from Coady at the back post early on in the second half, then we bring Sterling and Kane on and a San Marinan(?) Goes through the former, injuring him and taking him out of the Euros in the process, whilst the latter then slots home the resulting penalty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks for the head up, i’ll watch something else instead
  • Options

Pretty sensible playing a few of the back-ups given we've got 3 games in a week & they'll still easily beat San Marino.

Be interested how Bellingham & JWP do.
  • Options
    Wtf would we bother playing someone like Philips anyway, let alone against San Marino. I hope that’s paper talk.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    Wtf would we bother playing someone like Philips anyway, let alone against San Marino. I hope that’s paper talk.
    Awful. And if that is the line up it would also look like Southgate is still willing to use Mount as a forward in a 433 which i think is a mistake. 

Struggling to see the creativity in that midfielder either. Hopefully a case of just wanting to get players a game and not much more. 
  • Options

We're playing San Marino so it doesn't matter anyway. 

We could play the Charlton XI and win 5-0. 
  • Options

We're playing San Marino so it doesn't matter anyway. 

We could play the Charlton XI and win 5-2. 
    Fixed it for you, got to remember our defence
  • Options

Clearly a team selected with the next 2 games in mind. Absolutely no point playing a strong XI tonight. 
  • Options
    He loves a defensive midfielder!  
  • Options

Clearly a team selected with the next 2 games in mind. Absolutely no point playing a strong XI tonight. 
    imagine if that side screwed it up ;)