Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• Options
    Would say we're very.lucky to have Rice and Grealish as options, if Ireland had been a bit more savvy they'd have given both a few minutes in qualifiers early, not u21 games and friendlies.
  • Options
    Bellingham deserves to go. Playing really well in champions league quarter final against the best side in the country and ridiculously unlucky to have a goal ruled out. Superb talent.
  • Options
    We should also remember that if Henderson is fit, he was captain and he's also a very good cover central defender.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    We should also remember that if Henderson is fit, he was captain and he's also a very good cover central defender.
    For Liverpool he's their Captain, for England its Harry Kane
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It was Henderson for a while wasn't it?  Odd it switched under the same manager.
  • Options
    It was Henderson for a while wasn't it?  Odd it switched under the same manager.
    Wiki says he's had eight caps as England Captain - I'd be surprised if he isnt vice-captain or something though

If he's fit I think he's a certainty for going
  • Options
    Wiki says he's had eight caps as England Captain - I'd be surprised if he isnt vice-captain or something though

If he's fit I think he's a certainty for going
    Yep absolutely - he'll start too.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Luke Shaw at centre back wtf

I wouldn’t do it but he did play there for Man U last season and we don’t have a natural to play there .

433 for me:

Henderson

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw

Grealish, Rice, Mount

Sterling, Kane, Foden
  • Options
    Bellingham deserves to go. Playing really well in champions league quarter final against the best side in the country and ridiculously unlucky to have a goal ruled out. Superb talent.
    I would not be at all surprised if he was a starter as well. He looks like he has been playing for years. 

• Options

Luke Shaw at centre back wtf
    Played there for Man U last season and its him or mings unless u go with 2 right footers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People would rather have Rashford over Sancho? 

It's a bias just because of how often they see them clearly. Because Sancho is on another planet to Rashford and really at par with Sterling. But no one cares because he plays in Germany. 
    I’m surprised Sancho isn’t in their squads, although his displays for England haven’t been that good. 

Rashford has scored 19 goals from the wing in a team that sets up in a fairly ridged manner this season
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    People would rather have Rashford over Sancho? 

It's a bias just because of how often they see them clearly. Because Sancho is on another planet to Rashford and really at par with Sterling. But no one cares because he plays in Germany. 
    I’m surprised Sancho isn’t in their squads, although his displays for England haven’t been that good. 

Rashford has scored 19 goals from the wing in a team that sets up in a fairly ridged manner this season
    Probably why, playing in Germany there's no doubt not enough focus on how he's playing... Same with Bellingham
  • Options
    Please please please do not take Lingard to the Euros this summer. 

Being in the form of your life does not mean you're a good enough player to be in the England squad. 
  • Options
    He will go and Grealish will miss out.

Another fantastic finish from him tho.
  • Options
    Can't wait for him to take 15 shots against a minnow and they all go into row Z. 

He's a confidence player and has zero when playing for England. He will not be someone that wins a game for us. 
  • Options
    Another goal for J Lingz. He’s 100% going.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Can't wait for him to take 15 shots against a minnow and they all go into row Z. 

He's a confidence player and has zero when playing for England. He will not be someone that wins a game for us. 
    Thing is he is doing in the premier league - he is the form player at the moment.  He is winning games for West Ham. Wether he can do that for England remains to be seen but  he has played his way in to the reckoning.  I get the form thing, but in the past England selections were done because of a players name. Going in to a a major tournament, you want players whose tails are up. 
  • Options
    Playing in a completely different system for West Ham compared to England (and Man United).
  • Options
    Taking him is fine if we can fit him in.

Starting him over our other talent would be a real stretch.
  • Options
    Always get the piss taken out of me as I’ve always liked Lingard. Turning into a good season for me as I am also member of the Calvert-Lewin fan club so been able to dish the banter out recently.

Lingard is 100% going. Also has experience of tournament as he was a main player at 2018 World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thing is he is doing in the premier league - he is the form player at the moment.  He is winning games for West Ham. Wether he can do that for England remains to be seen but  played his way in to the reckoning. 
    Just look at him during those England games he played in. 

That form was nowhere to be seen and he became the Lingard we all hate again. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Thing is he is doing in the premier league - he is the form player at the moment.  He is winning games for West Ham. Wether he can do that for England remains to be seen but  played his way in to the reckoning. 

That’s a little unfair.

The San Marino game he was frustrating but you could tell he was probably trying a little too hard, as per his stats of most efforts on goal (their goalie pulled of 3 worldies from him). The Albania game he come on after 81 mins and the Poland game the 90th.
  • Options
    I don’t hate Lingard, but if you ask me out of: Mount, Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Lingard who I’d start, he’d certainly be near the bottom of the list.
  • Options

Hate? Bit strong mate!. Personally I think he has always been a decent player - not international class maybe. But you can’t deny, he is doing the business at the moment. 
    Decent player in a team that was already doing well without him. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I don’t hate Lingard, but if you ask me out of: Mount, Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Lingard who I’d start, he’d certainly be near the bottom of the list.
    That’s true but when you’ve got player that’s in such form as he is, when you look at the bench he’s gonna give you confidence that he will make something happen.
  • Options
    If his name wasn't Jesse Lingard people would be clamouring for him to go. I think he is a bit of a cock with his whole J Lingz stuff but he is bang in form and has been good for England in the past.
  • Options

Hate? Bit strong mate!. Personally I think he has always been a decent player - not international class maybe. But you can’t deny, he is doing the business at the moment. 
    He’s got 8 goals and 3 assists in 10 games!
  • Options
    If his name wasn't Jesse Lingard people would be clamouring for him to go. I think he is a bit of a cock with his whole J Lingz stuff but he is bang in form and has been good for England in the past.
    He hasn't. 

Having caps does not make him 'good for England'. 
  • Options

He’s got 8 goals and 3 assists in 10 games!
    He's in great form not denying it! 

West Ham were fighting for top 4 without him anyway. 

Lingard's season started a month ago, compared to everyone else that started in September. Helps to explain why he looks so good in comparison to others.