Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Just received my letter to make appointment for Covid-19 vaccine. No doubt many of you have had theirs. Can I ask did many of you refuse,and those of you that did have it,how did you feel afterwards. I am 78.

Comments

• 3 of my team have had it and 2 of them reported feeling a bit "fluey" with a slight headache for a day or two.
  • edited January 2021
    I’m 68 wife 66 we both had the Pfizer jab a week ago, no problem what so ever other than we knew we had a jab as the arm was very slightly sore.
  • I had Pfizer one on Thursday felt shit on Thursday night and not so good yesterday. I feel fine now and a couple of Ibuprofen sorted me on Thursday night.
  • 3 of my team have had it and 2 of them reported feeling a bit "fluey" with a slight headache for a day or two.
    Of course there is a possibility that it just provided a heaven sent opportunity for a sick day.
  • Mum-in-law (85) felt a bit ropey the day after and slept a lot but was right as ninepence the following day, Derek.  
  • Not eligible yet, but Mum and Dad are mid 70s and both had theirs. No adverse effects apart from a slightly sore arm
  • Had a Pfizer on Thursday (70).  Much like CharltonKerry. My brother 2 years older had the Astra - headache for a day otherwise fine.
  • edited January 2021
    Had AZ last Sunday. Felt like I been dragged through a combined harvester on Sunday night and ropey on Monday. Fine by Tuesday. (Age 64) My mum aged 87 had it at the same time as me and didn’t have any ill effects.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have injection for prostate cancer every three months,I have Flu injection every year also had Shingles injection, never had any side effects.Perhaps I have spoke too soon.
  • Derek1952 said:
    I have injection for prostate cancer every three months,I have Flu injection every year also had Shingles injection, never had any side effects.Perhaps I have spoke too soon.
    Still well worth it.
  • I'm 75 had a Pfizer jab yesterday and feel fine, my arm is little tender over the injection site but only noticed it when I tried to lie on that side in bed
  • Mum 90 and me 68 had Pfizer 8 days ago.  No problems apart from me having sore arm that night.
  • I had mine three weeks ago due to my work. Felt rubbish for a couple of days, but just like a flu type illness, and then felt fine after that.
    would highly recommend DVH for it as it was so well run too
  • edited January 2021
    both parents (70) had it, one Pfizer, one Oxford. One had sightly sore arm for a day, both otherwise absolutely fine. 

I'd happily accept a bit of discomfort given the objective
  • My parents 75 and 74 had it and no side affects reported.  
  • Is this the right thread for squabbling about Brexit? 
  • Had mine 3 weeks ago Pfizer was fine no reaction
  • Sponsored links:

• I know two people who felt awful after having it - they'd both had covid previously. Not sure if it's related?
  • Chizz said:
    Is this the right thread for squabbling about Brexit? 
    Not like you to start a kerfuffal over politics Chizz...
  • I know two people who felt awful after having it - they'd both had covid previously. Not sure if it's related?
    It'd make sense if you think about it, at least with the AZ (dunno about Pfizer). If the side effects are the result of an immune response, then if you've already had Covid then any antibodies you've still got in your system are going to launch into action when the spike protein gets detected.
  • Mum 88 no probs at all, Pfizer.
  • aliwibble said:
    I know two people who felt awful after having it - they'd both had covid previously. Not sure if it's related?
    It'd make sense if you think about it, at least with the AZ (dunno about Pfizer). If the side effects are the result of an immune response, then if you've already had Covid then any antibodies you've still got in your system are going to launch into action when the spike protein gets detected.
    At least it shows they are working...
  • aliwibble said:
    I know two people who felt awful after having it - they'd both had covid previously. Not sure if it's related?
    almost certainly. Feeling rubbish is your body quickly pulling out the stops that worked last time (fluey feeling by raising your temperature). Generally its very good sign, but also dont worry if you feel fine either.
  • Feeling rubbish for a little bit after is an extremely good sign - it indicates your body is initiating an immune response, which means the vaccine is working and will make you immune. 
    Have you booked an appointment for the second nose you have developed?!