Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• edited February 2021

• When I had my jab last week they asked me if I was taking any blood thining medication such Aspirin which I am not. But a friend was not asked and he is taking Aspirin every day. We both had the Phizer Vaccine. So why some asked and some not.
  • I had the Astra jab yesterday and it feels like I'm seeing stars today.

Can't seem to get warm; feeling shivery and wiped out. Every muscle in my body aches.

God, it feels worse than man-flu.

• Oggy Red said:
    I had the Astra jab yesterday and it feels like I'm seeing stars today.

Can't seem to get warm; feeling shivery and wiped out. Every muscle in my body aches.

Won’t last too long mate 
  • edited February 2021
    Was able to book for my parent today, who is 66 via the nhs booking app provided above. First next Saturday second in May both bookable together - for our area 8am - 8pm 7 days a week. Thank you for sharing the link. Booking screen came up and an option if fell into at risk categories, upon selecting no in this instance booking was aloud to continue ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    My wife had her vaccination this afternoon and I breathed a sign of relief as it went into her arm. We asked and they initially said that I should get a call in a week or so - they are way ahead of the curve in my neck of the woods. They then called me back as we were about to leave and a small prick later I was done as well. Fantastically well organised operation.

Oxford AZ vaccine.
    Good news. There’s no doubt it is a massive relief to get the vaccine.
  • Could somebody remind me how long does it take for the vaccines to kick in? i seem to remember 2 weeks? with roughly 50% immunity. 
  • Could somebody remind me how long does it take for the vaccines to kick in? i seem to remember 2 weeks? with roughly 50% immunity. 

I believe very little protection for the first 7-14 days and then it ramps up and by 21 days it has reached its full effect.
  • bobmunro said:
    My wife had her vaccination this afternoon and I breathed a sign of relief as it went into her arm. We asked and they initially said that I should get a call in a week or so - they are way ahead of the curve in my neck of the woods. They then called me back as we were about to leave and a small prick later I was done as well. Fantastically well organised operation.

Oxford AZ vaccine.
    Good news Bob
  • It’s so impressive how well every vaccine centre across the country is handling this 
  • stonemuse said:
    Can I just add that if you suffer those flu like symptoms after having a vaccine then if at all possible try not to take paracetamol or ibuprofen. The reaction you are experiencing is your bodies response to the vaccine antigen and it’s preferable to allow the body to do its thing unhindered. You are not actually ill in the traditional sense. I’m guessing that a thumping headache might make this quite difficult. 
    And yet the nurses where I had the vaccine plus the leaflet they gave me all stated that paracetamol was recommended?
    This is because people don't know how to gauge the response that they're having. As someone who never takes painkillers unless he's in *actual* pain I am always stunned to see the ease with which some people reach for the analgesics. I think what SHG was getting at is that whilst the nurses might state paracetamol is fine to take, you should avoid it unless you literally feel like death warmed up, as there's a possibility the efficacy of the vaccine might be a little blunted by it. 
  • bobmunro said:

Oxford AZ vaccine.
    Really pleased you had the vaccine, but that is no way to talk about the worker who administered it. 😉
  • stonemuse said:
    It’s so impressive how well every vaccine centre across the country is handling this 

Absolutely, and I took every opportunity I could today to thank the people running the operation - brilliant, brilliant effort all round.

The roll of honour is getting longer by the day.
  • Just sitting in "recovery" room in eltham,. Very quick very well organised, very impressed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just sitting in "recovery" room in eltham,. Very quick very well organised, very impressed.
    Recovery room? 

Our NHS Kernow can't afford them down here.

You get the jab, put your coat back on and hustled straight out of the back door into the teeth of a bitter East wind.
    We'm tough down here booy.  :smile:

• I see quite a few on here have had the Pfizer vaccine. Is there still objections from Pfizer when it comes to the amount of time the 2nd jab is administered? They were saying 21 days but the government are looking at 12 weeks, same as the Oxford one. 
  • When I had mine yesterday my wife came with me and I asked If she could have hers as well, (she is 62 and suffers from asthma), they said no. This was at the Sovereign Centre in Eastbourne.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Jints said:
    Mum's had second Pfizer jab about 6 weeks after the first. In her late 70s
    Any reaction, @Jints ?

The 2nd jab is supposed to be reacting to the first jab, I believe?

None yet,  although they can apparently kick in up to two days after the jab
  • stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:

Won’t last too long mate 
    Cheers, @stonemuse

I take it you've had a similar reaction?
    Anyway, all things pass.

• Oggy Red said:
    stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:

Won’t last too long mate 
    Cheers, @stonemuse

I take it you've had a similar reaction?
    Anyway, all things pass.

Yup but it soon went 
  • My husband had his jab today - Pfizer.

• It's starting to feel like most people on CL have been vaccinated (I haven't).
    I think CAST should do a poll.

your time will come !!