Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    The efficient roll out of this makes you realise that - in desperate times - the British ‘state’ is actually superbly well organised - WW2 was the same (mostly)

why can’t it be like that in un-desperate times.......
    I’m fairly confident that this is written in jest isn’t it ?
    No it’s not - I accept that since March last year there have been terrible decisions made by politicians, and needless deaths BUT the vaccine rollout - from my viewpoint - is incredible - and when I use the word ‘state’ I don’t mean politicians, I mean all the people who work within the wheels of the state, which in this case is the medical services, armed forces etc etc - to get over 15m people vaccinated in such a short time requires organisation and dedication and information (about the first people to jab etc) - as I said, in desperate times, this country can do it, but why only in desperate times

Its also worth bearing in mind that the Oxford vaccine was created within 24 hours of the scientists at Oxford being given the genetic code of Covid last April - incredible - however it had to be tested etc before general use - even so, that is a rapid development and then release of a vaccine
    The vaccines and the roll out are astonishingly good. No denying that. I think where I part company with your comment is in the well organised bit. I think mostly we’re spectacularly unorganised and only pull it around when it becomes desperate and I don’t just mean this government. I mean historically. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Plenty of info on covid vaccine side- effects in todays Daily Mail

A sore arm, headache, fatigue, nausea, dizzy spells, aching joints and sore muscles. 

These are the common side-effects reported by some of the 15 million NHS patients to get their first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, as well as the 500,000 or so who have had their scheduled second dose.

But rather than being something to dread, they could show you the vaccine is actually working.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9263327/Why-effects-Covid-jab-actually-good-thing.html
  • Options
    The efficient roll out of this makes you realise that - in desperate times - the British ‘state’ is actually superbly well organised - WW2 was the same (mostly)

I’m fairly confident that this is written in jest isn’t it ?
    No it’s not - I accept that since March last year there have been terrible decisions made by politicians, and needless deaths BUT the vaccine rollout - from my viewpoint - is incredible - and when I use the word ‘state’ I don’t mean politicians, I mean all the people who work within the wheels of the state, which in this case is the medical services, armed forces etc etc - to get over 15m people vaccinated in such a short time requires organisation and dedication and information (about the first people to jab etc) - as I said, in desperate times, this country can do it, but why only in desperate times

Its also worth bearing in mind that the Oxford vaccine was created within 24 hours of the scientists at Oxford being given the genetic code of Covid last April - incredible - however it had to be tested etc before general use - even so, that is a rapid development and then release of a vaccine
    The vaccines and the roll out are astonishingly good. No denying that. I think where I part company with your comment is in the well organised bit. I think mostly we’re spectacularly unorganised and only pull it around when it becomes desperate and I don’t just mean this government. I mean historically. 
    I think we are actually in agreement - as I say, why only in desperate times 
  • Options
    Certainly seems from the responses on here that the side effects are with the AZ vaccine rather than the Pfizer one.
  • Options
    When I had my AZ jab I was advised to take paracetamol before any side effects kicked in. Apart from my joints aching a bit more than usual and not sleeping very well that night, I had no other side effects.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

After the debacle of the Government awarding Track & Trace to their friends and family to profiteer from ...... they've let the NHS undertake the vaccination programme.

What a load of bollox!!!!
    Fair enough, what do you think the difference is?
    I was pissed off at the political insults and allegations......not that track and trace hadn’t worked out so well.😤😤😤
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Certainly seems from the responses on here that the side effects are with the AZ vaccine rather than the Pfizer one.
    Yes. Family and orients who had the Pfizer has almost no side effects. Doesn’t mean Pfizer works better though. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    Yes. Family and orients who had the Pfizer has almost no side effects. Doesn’t mean Pfizer works better though. 
    Figures (if they can be trusted) suggest that it does. The best figures I can find for Oxford-Astrazeneca efficacy after 2nd dose is 82.4% (and there are figures quoted that put it at much less than that - as low as 62%) compared to 95% for the Pfizer. I've followed this as closely as I can because I had the Ox-Az. I have felt that the Ox-AZ figures have been fudged from the very beginning with most of the tests being given to under 65s, as well as the bizarre episode where they claim that the mistake of giving a half-dose actually increased efficacy - a claim that has quietly gone away. I m still waiting for the full, detailed, peer-reviewed figures to emerge from all the vaccinations that have been done in the UK.
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    Got a text from my gp surgery yesterday and followed the link to book an appointment which I attended this morning. AZ vaccine. I'm 39 and in the clinically vulnerable category.

From joining the queue (and I was slightly early) to leaving the centre took less than 10 minutes. Really easy and well organised. 
    Shouldn’t you have waited 15 minutes before leaving 😂
  • Options
    Had the pfizer jab last Saturday, no side affects at all.
    Wife had it last week - headache, joint pains for 24 hours day 3.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    Figures (if they can be trusted) suggest that it does. The best figures I can find for Oxford-Astrazeneca efficacy after 2nd dose is 82.4% (and there are figures quoted that put it at much less than that - as low as 62%) compared to 95% for the Pfizer. I've followed this as closely as I can because I had the Ox-Az. I have felt that the Ox-AZ figures have been fudged from the very beginning with most of the tests being given to under 65s, as well as the bizarre episode where they claim that the mistake of giving a half-dose actually increased efficacy - a claim that has quietly gone away. I m still waiting for the full, detailed, peer-reviewed figures to emerge from all the vaccinations that have been done in the UK.
    I agree. I'll take what I get but if I did have a choice I'd prefer Pfizer.

We should be getting Moderna supplies next month as well I think - though not heard muhc about that recently. 
  • Options
    had the Pfizer jab this morning and so far so good. I’m sitting in my car waiting for my first instruction from bill gates. Nothing so far! 
    Take the next left, then keep right.
  • Options
    Letter received today, appointment booked for tomorrow morning, pretty impressive so far.
    had mine 8.45 this morning Gravesend, well organised no waiting after jab, back in car 9.05. Very impressed.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    I don't think the % figures are completely comparable though, as the testing was done in slightly different ways
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    I don't think the % figures are completely comparable though, as the testing was done in slightly different ways
    Exactly. That's why I'm waiting for definitive and comparable figures to come out on all the vaccines. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have had the Ox-AZ - on the basis that it is better to have something than nothing. But I would like clarity on the effectiveness of all the vaccines. At the moment the figures about the Pfizer seem consistent from all over the world. Not so, the Ox-AZ and I am pinning my hopes on good results being published soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When Mr Tatters had his jab they asked if he’d had diarrhoea in the last 28 days. Any idea why?
  • Options
    Gastric issues is one of the less well known Covid symptoms, so it might be to rule out him having had Covid but not realising.
  • Options
    My daughter - age 23 - had her first jab today at Woodville Halls in Gravesend - she works with disabled (mentally and physically) children, so works in a high risk group - I drove her to the vaccine centre, and had high hopes of going in with her and being offered a jab ‘seeing as you are here’ style - alas no such luck - I was refused entry 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Gastric issues is one of the less well known Covid symptoms, so it might be to rule out him having had Covid but not realising.
    So if someone had diarrhoea in the last 28 days would they postpone the jab?
  • Options
    My daughter - age 23 - had her first jab today at Woodville Halls in Gravesend - she works with disabled (mentally and physically) children, so works in a high risk group - I drove her to the vaccine centre, and had high hopes of going in with her and being offered a jab ‘seeing as you are here’ style - alas no such luck - I was refused entry 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
    Kent seems to be short of supplies for some reason so I am not surprised.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    So if someone had diarrhoea in the last 28 days would they postpone the jab?
    It wouldn't surprise me, but that's coming from logical reasoning rather than any insider knowledge.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    aliwibble said:
    I doubt this. Although diarrhoea is a symptom so are multiple others. Some people literally have no symptoms whatsoever. It would seem a pointless question to ask randomly and in isolation.