Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    New Zealand has received its first vaccines -Pfizer - and yesterday 25 were dished out to vaccinators.  First in line will be border and Miq staff and front liners in hospitals etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hex said:
    Mclive said:
    aliwibble said:
    Gastric issues is one of the less well known Covid symptoms, so it might be to rule out him having had Covid but not realising.
    I doubt this. Although diarrhoea is a symptom so are multiple others. Some people literally have no symptoms whatsoever. It would seem a pointless question to ask randomly and in isolation.

Researchers want the government to add fatigue, headache, sore throat and diarrhoea to the existing three symptoms which trigger a Covid test.

Currently, anyone with a cough, fever or loss of smell or taste qualifies.

Testing for these additional symptoms could pick up 40% more cases, King's College London and the Zoe Symptom Study app have suggested.

However, this would mean many more people who don't have the virus being tested.

A Department of Health and Social Care spokesperson said: "An expert scientific group keeps the symptoms of Covid-19 under review.

"The main symptoms have been carefully selected to capture those most likely to have Covid-19, while not capturing a great number of people who do not."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/help-56096264

I agree with this.  For whatever reason the government are limiting the number of tests requested by limiting the symptom list.

my mum’s symptoms didn’t tick the boxes for several days.  We were lucky that the careers had a supply on-site.

Having carried out the test Mrs Hex subsequently developed symptoms but crucially not the three required to request a test.  She lied and said her very occasional cough was continuos.  The test was positive.  She was also able to get a test for me despite me not having symptoms.  My test was negative.

As our 2nd successive self-isolation came to an end I developed some similar symptoms to Mrs Hex but not the crucial three.  Luckily the Zoe app offers you a test for a much wider range of symptoms so I placed my order and hope to get the results tomorrow or Friday.

Incidentally, today the Zoe app as a survey on its front page, one of the questions asks if you would like an antibody test so if you have experienced what you thought was Covid but didn’t get a test to be sure, this may answer the question.

Sadly, my mum succumbed to Covid yesterday.   RIP Mum.
    Sorry to hear this Hex  :( Condolences to you & family.

RIP Mum Hex
  • Options
    Hex said:
    I have received my PCR test result and as expected it is positive.  My Covid diary so far looks like this :-
    Day 1.     22 Jan   Pfizer jab
    Day 20.   10 Feb.  Approx infection date 
    Day 25.   15 Feb.  First symptoms
    Day 26.   16 Feb.  PCR test
    Day 28.   18 Feb.  Positive test result received
    Good luck Hex
  • Options
    In Florida two woman turned up for their second dose of Vaccine despite only being 35 and 42, and only over 65 were suppose to be in the line.

They wore gray wigs and glasses and hobbled but they were sussed out this time as they didn't have turkey necks.

They had forged cards saying they were 66 !
  • Options
    Had my vaccine at Guys today - very well organised. No side effects yet.
    I hope for your sake that it was between 3-5pm
  • Options
    Sadly it was first thing this morning. 
  • Options
    Sadly it was first thing this morning. 
    At least you have at least one positive to take out of the day 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had my vaccination early morning yesterday at the Alexandra Suite in Swanley. AstraZeneca for me and all very efficiently organised up there. Felt fine most of yesterday until I went for a long walk late afternoon. Very heavy legs and sore arm this morning. But generally fine.
    My arm is very sore this morning after my vaccine yesterday but no other ill effects. Such a relief to have had it.
  • Options
    Not heard anything yet. I should be in group 6 - is there any way to check apart from going to the GP? TBH I’m not sure I trust mine to have put me in the right group.
  • Options
    Not heard anything yet. I should be in group 6 - is there any way to check apart from going to the GP? TBH I’m not sure I trust mine to have put me in the right group.
    I heard by text and I'm in Group 8.
  • Options
    My surgery has an online messaging portal. I messaged mine as I have asthma their response was that it’s severity doesn’t warrant being in group 6 for me so I’ll be waiting 
  • Options
    HarryLime said:
    I'm in Group 8. Received a text on Tuesday evening inviting to book an appointment for the jab at Charlton House, took the earliest available which was Thursday evening. All very efficient, had a village fate feel about it, got a Pfizer jab from an army medic with 15 years experience.
    Sore arm and a heavy leg feeling on Thursday night, felt like I had a massive hangover all day Friday and my arm felt like I'd pulled a muscle and had real difficulty lifting anything with it. Also had some very weird dreams.
    Back to normal on Saturday.
    But I do feel some how I jumped the queue.
    I've also had the jab and am in Group.8 - I live in Greenwich and just think locally we are ahead of the game. Elsewhere they seem further behind.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:
    I'm in Group 8. Received a text on Tuesday evening inviting to book an appointment for the jab at Charlton House, took the earliest available which was Thursday evening. All very efficient, had a village fate feel about it, got a Pfizer jab from an army medic with 15 years experience.
    Sore arm and a heavy leg feeling on Thursday night, felt like I had a massive hangover all day Friday and my arm felt like I'd pulled a muscle and had real difficulty lifting anything with it. Also had some very weird dreams.
    I've also had the jab and am in Group.8 - I live in Greenwich and just think locally we are ahead of the game. Elsewhere they seem further behind.
    Yes, friend of mine in group 6 only had his yesterday in Erith. It does seem it's not well balanced out.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:
    Yes, friend of mine in group 6 only had his yesterday in Erith. It does seem it's not well balanced out.
    My wife in group 6 and had hers two weeks back in Welling, when I had mine done 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I had a text message to offer Swanley, which I booked and, then I got an offer at my surgery on Devon Rd in Sutton at Hone for the same day on myGP. I had only realised that you have to activate the myGP app a few days earlier and use a pass number. Most people locally, have had similar. If you are with the Farningham surgery, they are being vaccinated at the Devon Rd surgery as well so myGP would notify you.
    P.S. I am in the next big group as 65 in April, my friend who is 56 had it the same day as me??
  • Options
    Does anyone know a website where you can find out what stage your local NHS is at with vaccinations?
    Obviously I live in Southampton and can't find any local info.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

You must have been the third man.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Try booking direct on the NHS site. You don’t need to know your NHS number. You will have to tick which box you are in and if correct it will allow you to book.
    I think they check your medical record so people don’t steal a place from those most at risk.
    It will be at a mass vaccination site. Second appointment can be booked at the same time.
    I don’t think they have announced group 6 yet though.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    HarryLime said:
    Same after effects as me. I had my jab Friday. Group 5. I have still not received a letter.
  • Options
    I had a text message to offer Swanley, which I booked and, then I got an offer at my surgery on Devon Rd in Sutton at Hone for the same day on myGP. I had only realised that you have to activate the myGP app a few days earlier and use a pass number. Most people locally, have had similar. If you are with the Farningham surgery, they are being vaccinated at the Devon Rd surgery as well so myGP would notify you.
    P.S. I am in the next big group as 65 in April, my friend who is 56 had it the same day as me??

Thank you - I've downloaded the myGP and signed up.
    I am with the Farningham surgery but I don't think they're 'up to speed' with most things!
  • Options

Thank you - I've downloaded the myGP and signed up.
    I am with the Farningham surgery but I don't think they're 'up to speed' with most things!
    I read on the Devon Rd surgery website that they are doing joint 'ad hoc' clinics for vaccinations with the Farningham one, so fingers crossed you are called soon.
  • Options
    I do have the feeling that London has had better supplies than Kent. I know my own doctors were not getting the supplies they expected.
  • Options
    I’m 58 and live in Erith and I had mine 10 days ago.