Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    3 members of my team have tested positive and are symptomatic - two of them were vaccinated over a month ago.  Of them one has been feeling quite ill for afew days, the other two just got headaches and felt under the weather for a day.

What is interesting is that we have all worked through the pandemic and none have tested positive until now.
    Okay, silly question time ....... 

Once you've been vaccinated, will any reaction to the vaccine show positive in a Covid test?

No I don't believe so.

Just a coincidence - but I was more interested that although immunisation prevents the worst effects it clearly doesn't necessarily stop you feeling ill if you become infected.

Interesting info from you.
    Without knowing the age or general health of your colleagues, hearing that two were positive after 4 weeks after having a jab yet had no symptoms and the other one had mild symptoms of SARS-Cov-2 then let's hope that is replicated all over the Country,
    If the virus is still looking for new hosts.

All the designers of the different Vaccines have said No Hospitalisation or serious illness is the main aim.
    Mild illness and Asymptomatic would be a fantastic result in the great majority of the population. 

Ps.Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Her Indoors felt shite for about 36 hours which  kicked in about 12 hours after having the Astra jab. Shivery, massively tired etc. 

My Mum had the Pfizer jab and felt fine. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    3 members of my team have tested positive and are symptomatic - two of them were vaccinated over a month ago.  Of them one has been feeling quite ill for afew days, the other two just got headaches and felt under the weather for a day.

What is interesting is that we have all worked through the pandemic and none have tested positive until now.

Once you've been vaccinated, will any reaction to the vaccine show positive in a Covid test?

No I don't believe so.

Just a coincidence - but I was more interested that although immunisation prevents the worst effects it clearly doesn't necessarily stop you feeling ill if you become infected.

Without knowing the age or general health of your colleagues, hearing that two were positive after 4 weeks after having a jab yet had no symptoms and the other one had mild symptoms of SARS-Cov-2 then let's hope that is replicated all over the Country,

All the designers of the different Vaccines have said No Hospitalisation or serious illness is the main aim.
    Mild illness and Asymptomatic would be a fantastic result in the great majority of the population. 

Ps.Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

They are between 30 and 60.  All had some symptoms but only one was unable to return to work(ing from home) the next day.  Yes I get that about no hospitalisation and although I work in health and should know better, convinced myself it would be as effective as the flu vaccine, because that's what I wanted to believe.
  • Options
    My wife was lucky enough to get a walk in at Gravesend today, over 60. However we can’t see how to book a second appointment, anybody been in that situation?

Any advice gratefully accepted.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

No I don't believe so.

They are between 30 and 60.  All had some symptoms but only one was unable to return to work(ing from home) the next day. 

Yes I get that about no hospitalisation and although I work in health and should know better, convinced myself it would be as effective as the flu vaccine, because that's what I wanted to believe.
    It might be after the 2nd jab ....?

• Options
    My wife was lucky enough to get a walk in at Gravesend today, over 60. However we can’t see how to book a second appointment, anybody been in that situation?

This site may help 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • Options
    clive said:

This site may help 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
    Thanks but doesn’t let you continue once you put in date of birth.
  • Options
    clive said:

This site may help 
    I'm pretty sure I've read that your GP surgery will contact you with a date /time within the following 10 weeks or so.
  • Options
    clive said:

This site may help 
    I've just tried the site & entered my date of birth it let me continue but showed the following statement.
    Maybe if you ring 119 they maybe able to help you.

You are not currently eligible to book through this service

You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 65 and over
    • you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
    • you are a frontline health or social care worker

You will also need to be registered with a GP surgery in England to use this service. You can register with a GP if you do not have one.

If you think you should be eligible for the vaccine you can call the helpline on 119.

Read more about coronavirus vaccination

• Options
    clive said:

This site may help 
    thats suggesting you aren't in the current group. They only let you book once you meet the requirements
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I am fuming. I should be in group 6 and thought I'd better check as my surgery are bloody useless. I am in group 8. I have just steamed up there and handed in a letter to the doctor to get it changed. I had already spoken to my new GP by phone and he agreed I should be in group 6. That was months ago. No wonder they have a sign up saying 'any abuse will see you struck off our list'.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Just had a text from my GP, booked for this Friday. No underlying health issues and am in group 8.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

No I don't believe so.

They are between 30 and 60.  All had some symptoms but only one was unable to return to work(ing from home) the next day. 

Yes I get that about no hospitalisation and although I work in health and should know better, convinced myself it would be as effective as the flu vaccine, because that's what I wanted to believe.

If we go back to late November, both the Oxford-AstraZeneca and Pfizer were calling the two doses: Prima and boost. (Still are)
    Necessity is the Mother of invention so the twelve week narrative was put in place as the Kent, South African and Brazilian variants reared their ugly spikes and time was of the essence as we moved into December with the R number going up even before Xmas as well as during and up to the new year. Fortunately the 12 week gaps between doses helps the maturity of the vaccines which appears Serendipitous but in the Virologists we trust.

Now will the second doses (boost) also give longevity ? The Epidemiology and Virology professionals are still accessing the data from the trials and from Israel who were the first to vaccinate 50% of their population. 

The UK have folk who had two doses by 3rd January and 21 days have now elapsed so important data will be garnered each and every day as time moves on and the amount of transmissions of the virus can be monitored for asymptomatic, mild and hopefully hardly any Hospitalisations.

The Vaccine v Virus race continues.

• Options
    Well I am fuming. I should be in group 6 and thought I'd better check as my surgery are bloody useless. I am in group 8. I have just steamed up there and handed in a letter to the doctor to get it changed. I had already spoken to my new GP by phone and he agreed I should be in group 6. That was months ago. No wonder they have a sign up saying 'any abuse will see you struck off our list'.
    So not due yet.
  • Options

Sorry to hear that, hope they get there finger out and get a date for your vaccination very quickly
  • Options
    My missus had the AZ jab on Friday morning. She thought she was fine for quite a few hours, did some gardening, then it kicked in: she was shivery and exhausted all weekend with the inevitable sore arm.
  • Options
    They were going to give her Pfizer, but when she mentioned she had had a serious adverse reaction to the flu jab, they fell over themselves to make sure it was AZ.
  • Options
    Pub gardens expected to open April 12th.
    It's recommended you don't drink for 2 days before and 2 weeks after a Covid vaccination.
    So if I'm not jabbed by March 27th I'm fooked.
    Come on NHS this is starting to look too close for comfort.
  • Options
    Don't drink for two weeks after a jab? Sod that.
  • Options
    It's recommended you don't drink for 2 days before and 2 weeks after a Covid vaccination.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/health/drink-alcohol-covid-vaccine-can-after-advice-safety-coronavirus-jab-vaccination-870149/amp

Hopefully the above will allay your worries.

Had mine Friday and had a beer over the weekend, will have a beer after my second as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More of a concern may be that it takes at least 3 weeks to get good protection  from the jab. I won't be "relaxing" until that period has passed...
  • Options
    Yes I read that article.

"The independent medical advisory panel for Drinkaware, the UK alcohol education charity, has also published guidance on the issue.

Dr Fiona Sim, chair of the panel, said: “It’s really important to know that, even if you do drink, you’ll still benefit from having the jab, so please don’t turn it down.”

However, the panel advises that you do not drink for two days before having the vaccine, and for two weeks afterwards.

This is “to try to ensure your immune system is at its best to respond to the vaccine and protect you”, Dr Sim explains".

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    So not due yet.
    Well it would be if I was put in the correct group. I have one of the health problems listed in the group 6 but the doctor says computer says group 8. I've asked him to change it but he says when he tries to it comes back as group 8 so he cant't do anything.
  • Options
    Yes I read that article.

"The independent medical advisory panel for Drinkaware, the UK alcohol education charity, has also published guidance on the issue.

Dr Fiona Sim, chair of the panel, said: “It’s really important to know that, even if you do drink, you’ll still benefit from having the jab, so please don’t turn it down.”

However, the panel advises that you do not drink for two days before having the vaccine, and for two weeks afterwards.

This is “to try to ensure your immune system is at its best to respond to the vaccine and protect you”, Dr Sim explains".

To be honest they chop and change advice all the time. I wasn’t told anything at the time and if there is no definitive advice I.e you must not then I will carry on as normal. I didn’t drink for 4 days before but that’s because I am trying to stick to just weekends and when we play midweek.

to be honest I am not getting too excited until it happens, we were promised a Christmas and that didn’t happen.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the schools return if the numbers increase then all these dates will be immaterial. 

Good luck with your jab when you have it Covered End. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

No I don't believe so.

If we go back to late November, both the Oxford-AstraZeneca and Pfizer were calling the two doses: Prima and boost. (Still are)
    Necessity is the Mother of invention so the twelve week narrative was put in place as the Kent, South African and Brazilian variants reared their ugly spikes and time was of the essence as we moved into December with the R number going up even before Xmas as well as during and up to the new year. Fortunately the 12 week gaps between doses helps the maturity of the vaccines which appears Serendipitous but in the Virologists we trust.

Now will the second doses (boost) also give longevity ? The Epidemiology and Virology professionals are still accessing the data from the trials and from Israel who were the first to vaccinate 50% of their population. 

The UK have folk who had two doses by 3rd January and 21 days have now elapsed so important data will be garnered each and every day as time moves on and the amount of transmissions of the virus can be monitored for asymptomatic, mild and hopefully hardly any Hospitalisations.

The Vaccine v Virus race continues.

I see that the virus variants all come from areas with a tradition of celebratory dance:

Brazil:  Samba
    South Africa: Township Jive
    Kent: Morris dancing.

I'm not sure what's going on, but something should be done about it.
    The Bermondsey variant will see the Bermondsey bowl.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    So not due yet.
    Well it would be if I was put in the correct group. I have one of the health problems listed in the group 6 but the doctor says computer says group 8. I've asked him to change it but he says when he tries to it comes back as group 8 so he cant't do anything.
    They are doing group 5 now which is over 65’s. 
    Group 6 is adults 16 to 65 in an at risk group, and they come before the over 60’s. You are very close, and you maybe lucky and get one.
  • Options
    Yes I read that article.

Has anybody other than Drinkaware issued any cautionary advice about alcohol consumption and efficacy of the vaccine?
    There is nothing in the PHE Leaflet sent out with the NHS letter about booking your jab, nor is there in the advice leaflet handed out by the vaccinator when you get your jab. No verbal advice to refrain is given by the vaccinator.
    I am not saying the Drinkaware doctor is wrong per se, but they are perhaps coming at it with a vested interest, notwithstanding their advice may have scientific merit.
    I am going to pour myself a stiff drink and investigate further  ;)

• Options
    Weirdly I've had an invite today from Guys & St Thomas' to get vaccinated, which I can only assume is down to them going through their former patient lists and inviting people along, as I don't live in the area.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Weirdly I've had an invite today from Guys & St Thomas' to get vaccinated, which I can only assume is down to them going through their former patient lists and inviting people along, as I don't live in the area.
    It is one of the ways they identify people. Apparently ripping through the over 65’s.