Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• Posted this on the other thread but for anyone who hasn't seen this.

No idea on the accuracy of this but when a family member was using someone having a reaction to the vaccine as a reason to not get it my GF said to them "If they've reacted that badly to the vaccine they would have reacted far worse to the actual virus and likely been seriously ill, so the reaction should actually be more of a reason to get the vaccine not less".

No idea if she was laying it on thick to try and persuade this vulnerable family member to take her vaccine or not but its an interesting way of putting it. 
  • Posted this on the other thread but for anyone who hasn't seen this.

No idea on the accuracy of this but when a family member was using someone having a reaction to the vaccine as a reason to not get it my GF said to them "If they've reacted that badly to the vaccine they would have reacted far worse to the actual virus and likely been seriously ill, so the reaction should actually be more of a reason to get the vaccine not less".

No idea if she was laying it on thick to try and persuade this vulnerable family member to take her vaccine or not but its an interesting way of putting it. 
    I’ve thought long and hard about why people wouldn’t accept the vaccine and I can confirm there is still not one legitimate reason for not doing so outside of pre existing medical conditions including insanity.
  • Me and my team had the vaccine last week. One of the girls was up all night throwing up. I got a stiff neck and headache and so did one of my other colleagues. A lot of the blokes had really sore arms for a couple of days. 

We had the Pfizer. Was bloody impressed with how efficient the vaccination system was working. Well oiled machine.
    A small price to pay......one has to say. 👍
    100% agree! I’m one of the lucky ones. 

• Me and my team had the vaccine last week. One of the girls was up all night throwing up. I got a stiff neck and headache and so did one of my other colleagues. A lot of the blokes had really sore arms for a couple of days. 

We had the Pfizer. Was bloody impressed with how efficient the vaccination system was working. Well oiled machine. 
    Out of interest Rugby - you say ‘me and my team’ - what do you do ?
    Police officer. 

The NHS appear to be throwing away so many Pfizer vaccines due to them having to be used within a short period of time. If it looks like particular vaccination centres are going to throw a load away, they’re contacting local police/fire stations to make them aware and offer them out. We were given an hour and a half to get to the vaccination centre if we wanted to be considered. 
    Good for you - well done - friend of mine took his 80 year mum to get a vaccine - it was near end of the day, and they had some left over - asked him if he wanted to get vaccinated as well - he jumped at the chance

Actually, I might ask my mum if she needs me to accompany her to the vaccination centre.....
  • Well just had the call to go for my jab tomorrow night, at 52 I'm a little on the young side but with heart trouble as well as currently under going radiotherapy we are pleased,  our only surprise is that my wife and carer isn't on the list yet, I would have thought it made sense to do us at the same time, I understand how her age and health don't put her on the list, I'll be glad to receive it though. Supply demands I guess. 
    Jut a suggestion but if she accompanies you, she may well be offered the jab as well, when I had mine all the people accompanying the invited person also got the jab. Might not work but you never know. 
  • Thanks for the tip CK, we're sure to give it a try 👍
  • Stig said:
    Just heard that people are selling forged Vaccine certificates......BASTARDS!!!!

Why on earth would anyone want one.
    You may well ask.....but it’s nevertheless occurring?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pfizer 3 weeks ago 
    Mild hangover following day
    Thereafter right as nine pence ( not heard that expression for a while) 

My dad used to say that. I wonder where it came from. 

Edit : found this. (Sorry as off topic)

It has been suggested it comes from the game of skittles or ninepins, but The Phrase Finder has found the first reference in a book of English proverbs from 1659: “as fine as fippence, as neat as nine pence.”

The connection was money rather than skittles, and there was a nine pence coin in circulation during that period. Neat as ninepence later became nice as ninepence and right as ninepence.

There was, indeed.  Although a little bit earlier than 1659 - it was made in emergency during the siege of Newark during the Civil War.  It was also a bit of an odd shape. 

Both sides of the rare ninepence coin
  • edited February 2021
    Had my first Pfizer jab this afternoon......under the circumstances it’s not before time!
    Not been given a date for my second one though, which is slightly annoying.
    You’ve been through the mill during this so I’m glad you’ve been vaccinated. Onwards and upwards.
    Or maybe onwards and sideways.
    Many thanks. 👍
  • Got a text just now and have booked in for Feb 11th. My other half who is a couple of months older hasn't had text yet.  We are in 65+ group. Would be good if we could go at same time as 25 mile round trip to a vaccine centre near Maidstone, but that's a minor point.
  • Got a text just now and have booked in for Feb 11th. My other half who is a couple of months older hasn't had text yet.  We are in 65+ group. Would be good if we could go at same time as 25 mile round trip to a vaccine centre near Maidstone, but that's a minor point.
    Worth checking on the nhs website. you only need to enter your nhs number and dob and it will tell you if you can book yet or not. If you can you can book online and hopefully get the same date
    If not, take her with you and see if it’s offered?
  • Sponsored links:

Worth checking on the nhs website. you only need to enter your nhs number and dob and it will tell you if you can book yet or not. If you can you can book online and hopefully get the same date
    Thanks. now got his call-up and we have managed to get one same morning.  We live in the sticks so fingers crossed we (or the vaccinators) aren't snowed in.
  • Well just had the call to go for my jab tomorrow night, at 52 I'm a little on the young side but with heart trouble as well as currently under going radiotherapy we are pleased,  our only surprise is that my wife and carer isn't on the list yet, I would have thought it made sense to do us at the same time, I understand how her age and health don't put her on the list, I'll be glad to receive it though. Supply demands I guess. 
    Jut a suggestion but if she accompanies you, she may well be offered the jab as well, when I had mine all the people accompanying the invited person also got the jab. Might not work but you never know. 
    My wife took me. I have MS. I asked if she could be done as well and they agreed. If you don’t ask.......
    Well done, pleased for you that they did her as well, as you say if you don’t ask....
  • Spent Friday in bed after my  AZ on Thursday! Like a mild flu but just enough to make you realise it's hopeless trying to do anything.

A good night's sleep and got up for the football this afternoon which went very well.
  • Don’t forget, once you have had jab 1 you have no protection for 14 days (I think) with AZ and at least 12 days with Pfizer.  My mum had her Pfizer jab on 22nd January and is now in hospital with COVID.
  • Hex said:
    Don’t forget, once you have had jab 1 you have no protection for 14 days (I think) with AZ and at least 12 days with Pfizer.  My mum had her Pfizer jab on 22nd January and is now in hospital with COVID.
    Hope she recovers soon 
  • Wishing your mum a speedy recovery! 
  • Had my first AZ jab today, all fine here!