Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020-21 UEFA Nations League

The draw for the group stages of the Nations League is on Tuesday so I thought I’d start a thread ahead of our opponents being announced.

They've slightly tweaked the format this time around and made all the groups have 4 teams. (The lowest ranked teams will still have 1 group of 3)
Last time the top leagues had 3 teams each (England, Spain & Croatia for example). 4 teams in each division will mean all teams have their final game at the same time and further reduce the number of friendly matches.

The draw is seeded and the 16 teams in League A will be spilt into 4 groups, 1 team from each pot.

Pot 1 - Portugal/Netherlands/England/Switzerland 
Pot 2 - Belgium/France/Spain/Italy
Pot 3 - Bosnia/Ukraine/Denmark/Sweden
Pot 4 - Croatia/Poland/Germany/Iceland

all 6 matches will take place throughout the international breaks in Sep-Nov 2020
the 4 group winners will face each other in early June 2021

Comments

• League A 

Pot 1: Portugal, Netherlands, England, Switzerland 
    Pot 2: Belgium, France, Spain, Italy 
    Pot 3: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Denmark, Sweden 
    Pot 4: Croatia, Poland, Germany, Iceland 

League B 

Pot 1: Russia, Austria, Wales, Czech Republic 
    Pot 2: Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Finland 
    Pot 3: Slovakia, Turkey, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland 
    Pot 4: Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary, Romania 

League C 

Pot 1: Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Georgia 
    Pot 2: North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus, Cyprus 
    Pot 3: Estonia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Luxembourg 
    Pot 4: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova 

League D 

Pot 1: Gibraltar, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Liechtenstein 
    Pot 2: Andorra, Malta, San Marino

• edited February 2020
    So League A relegation meant nothing the first time around? I suppose if they're going to tweak the format like that, they might as well do it now.
  • So League A relegation meant nothing the first time around? I suppose if they're going to tweak to format like that, they might as well do it now.
    Shame... Made it more fun when there was the risk of a big team getting relegated - Reckon with four teams in each Group it'll lessen the importance of making sure you dont lose rather than going all out for a win
  • So League A relegation meant nothing the first time around? I suppose if they're going to tweak the format like that, they might as well do it now.
    Yeah, they wanted to reduce friendly games and have all teams finishing at once rather than one team sitting out the final round of games. Only way to do that was basically scrap the relegations from the first year but promotion/relegation will be in place this time around.

like you say, tweaks to the format done early on is the best scenario if they are needed.
  • Not surprised to see groups of 4 as I have noticed whilst playing FM thats how its done, so assumed they got it from somewhere that it was moving to groups of 4.

Means every team also has a game and friendlies can go altogether, like before we we played Spain, Croatia had no game that wont be the cast this time around
  • edited February 2020
    They need to create a new nation so they can fill in League D, my OCD is going into overdrive. UEFA useless once again.
  • They need to create a new nation so they can fill in League D, my OCD is going into overdrive. UEFA useless once again.
    It’s quite simple - put Andorra Ladies in Scotland’s pot and move the jocks in to league D. At least the teams in League B would a couple of tougher games that way. 
  • edited March 2020

League D :

Group 1

Malta, Andorra, Latvia, Faroe Islands

Group 2 

San Marino, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar

League C:

Group 1

Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Montenegro

Group 2

Armenia, Estonia, North Macedonia, Georgia

Group 3

Moldova, Slovenia, Kosovo, Greece

Group 4

Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Belarus, Albania

League B:

Group 1

Austria, Norway, NORTHERN IRELAND, Romania

Group 2

Czech republic, SCOTLAND, Slovakia, Israel

Group 3

Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Hungary

Group 4

WALES, Finland, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, Bulgaria

League A:

Group 1

Netherlands, Italy, Bosnia, Poland

Group 2

ENGLAND, Belgium, Denmark, Iceland

Group 3

Portugal, France, Sweden, Croatia

Group 4

Switzerland, Spain, Ukraine, Germany

• Tough group for us but looking at the others i think there are certainly tougher ones. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
    Pretty easy Group

Shouldnt get relegated... Both Denmark and Iceland are managable

Definitely think four teams Groups will ruin it a bit
  • edited March 2020
    Been waiting for us to draw Iceland away for 15 years and now I’m due to have a baby in the summer, out pops Iceland....ffs.

As an aside League B, group 3 reads like a who’s who of international football agro!
  • Been waiting for us to draw Iceland away for 15 years and now I’m due to have a baby in the summer, out pops Iceland....ffs.

As an aside League B, group 3 reads like a who’s who of international football agro!
    jesus wept you couldnt make that group up
  • Been waiting for us to draw Iceland away for 15 years and now I’m due to have a baby in the summer, out pops Iceland....ffs.

Sadly(!) I immediately thought of you when we got Iceland as seen you mention them every bloody draw when people have been asking who do want !! 
  • Full house in our group for Belgium. Hotels booked and just waiting for Eurostar to come on sale 
  • Not a bad draw really, Belgium are decent but we can beat them. The other 2 we should really be beating, depends how serious we go for it as it could be when we start blooding in some players for the future eg. Foden (if he don't make the Euros)
  • Starts tonight with Germany vs Spain the pick of the games.
    England travel to Iceland on Saturday.
    Any idea what channels showing it Steve, thankyou!
    Any idea what channels showing it Steve, thankyou!
    Sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big game to kick things off in half an hour 😂😂

Latvia v Andorra live on SkySports Football 

Last 2 meetings between these sides finished 0-0 in 2018 

And one of those was round 1 of the Uefa Nations League Group D which was also held in Latvia

Omens are not good 😂😂😂
  • Put the house on a ten goal thriller
    Hope so lol, watched Atlanta v Inter Miami this morning which was a goalless draw.

Dont think I can handle a 2nd in a row lol
  • Latvia really have gone backwards after their appearance at the Euros in the mid 00s
  • edited September 2020
    Latvia really have gone backwards after their appearance at the Euros in the mid 00s
    Thats what happens when u lose Marians Pahars

Edit:
    Although I just googled it and was surprised he only scored 15 goals for Latvia lol 

• Latvia really have gone backwards after their appearance at the Euros in the mid 00s
    Thats what happens when u lose Marians Pahars

Edit:
    Although I just googled it and was surprised he only scored 15 goals for Latvia lol 

Great player for Southampton but a proper injury prone player!!
    Hope so lol, watched Atlanta v Inter Miami this morning which was a goalless draw.

Starting to forget what a goal looks like
  • Yay Penalty to Latvia 

Starting to forget what a goal looks like
    Do you need me to start watching? 🤣