Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Soccer Saturday shakeup

Matt Le Tissier
Charlie Nicholas
Phil Thompson 

All been sacked from Soccer Saturday 

Comments

• Wonder who will be replacing them then
  • If they go down the politically correct route, I won’t be watching this season. 
    Was thinking there are no females on the Soccer Saturday panel, so any recently retired female ex pro is a shoe in
  • How has Paul Merson survived that?!
    I know he isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but I actually quite like him on there. Admittedly he makes numerous gaffs but I’m much rather him that Le Tissier or Thompson. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Does that mean more of Sue Smith?

• Paul Merson cant pronounce any names correct 

Clinton Morrison cant explain anything properly 

But its those 3 that went 

Rumours are that MLT went because of his recent comments on covid and the government on twitter

And I would guess at 66 for Thompson and 59 for Nicholas they were more of an age decision 
  • If they go down the politically correct route, I won’t be watching this season. 
    Was thinking there are no females on the Soccer Saturday panel, so any recently retired female ex pro is a shoe in
    Alex Scott has been used a few times I think...
  • Very  predictable 
  • cafctom said:
    Talal said:
    Clinton Morrison's inability to explain anything coherently will no doubt land him the job alongside Merson.
    How he gets a regular punditry gig absolutely baffles me. The bloke talks like his IQ is about 15.

Sue Smith ?
  • Sponsored links:

Sue Smith ?
    She will be host when Jeff steps down.

He had a close friendship with the 3 and I doubt will be happy about their sacking, now would be the time for BT or someone to swoop in and steal him away from Sky
  • Unbelievable Geoff
  • iaitch said:
    Does that mean more of Sue Smith?

Anybody but her.
    Not a fan of Sue Smith but like  Alex Jones. Wasn't a fan of Charlie Nicholas and Mers is entertaining because of how poor he is! I'm all for more diversity but only on merit too. And hope they keep the chemistry going. 
  • If it’s not broken don’t try and fix it. 
    Trying to appeal to an audience who aren’t interested in this type of programme. I imagine most people who watch soccer Saturday have had a punt and want to follow their bet. Can’t see why are trying to become something there not. 

• Talal said:
    Clinton Morrison's inability to explain anything coherently will no doubt land him the job alongside Merson.
    Anyone remember Dean Windass when he was on there (short time I think).

Now if you want someone incoherent he's your man.