Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Soccer Saturday shakeup

Comments

• Options
    need some younger ex-pros 
  • Options
    need some younger pros 

• Options
    If they go down the politically correct route, I won’t be watching this season. 
    Was thinking there are no females on the Soccer Saturday panel, so any recently retired female ex pro is a shoe in
    Alex Scott has been used a few times I think...
    She's on more programmes than Jonathan Ross these days. Yawn
  • Options
    The younger dark haired bloke that presents during the week should be Jeffs replacement when he goes. Think he’s quality.
  • Options
    The younger dark haired bloke that presents during the week should be Jeffs replacement when he goes. Think he’s quality.
    Julian Warren, yeah he's good. 
  • Options
    What punditry needs is Jonathan Acworth Waldergrave.
    All the others are useless by comparison.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Talal said:
    Clinton Morrison's inability to explain anything coherently will no doubt land him the job alongside Merson.
    Anyone remember Dean Windass when he was on there (short time I think).

Now if you want someone incoherent he's your man.

Always sounded like he was in dire need of a poo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only one reason channels make decisions like this: ratings. 

I bet Gillette Soccer Saturday has been falling throughout the season. 
  • Options
    Only one reason channels make decisions like this: ratings. 

I bet Gillette Soccer Saturday has been falling throughout the season. 
    Hence Sky taking a Wilkinson Sword to the pundits
  • Options
    So many poor and lazy pundits out there. A lot of ex pros simply aren't up to the job and don't do enough prep.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Never really sure why we expect former footballers to be able to articulate the game to us in the first place, the ones capable of it are very few and far between. 

BT’s approach, leaning on actual journalists more, works much better. I’d much rather have someone actually trained to explain things explain things to me.
    I fully appreciate that there are not many younger ex-pros out there that can fill the roll but if ratings are down you need faces that younger viewers relate to. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Never really sure why we expect former footballers to be able to articulate the game to us in the first place, the ones capable of it are very few and far between. 

BT’s approach, leaning on actual journalists more, works much better. I’d much rather have someone actually trained to explain things explain things to me.
    I fully appreciate that there are not many younger ex-pros out there that can fill the roll but if ratings are down you need faces that younger viewers relate to. 
    It’s normally older viewers paying the subscriptions...
  • Options
    Think it had got a bit stale and probably time for a change.
    To be honest I'd say it was time to dump Kamara too.
    While they're at it ditch McInally as well.
    I await the replacements with trepidation and fear I will be wishing that they were all back in a few weeks.
    Merse just about gets by for the humour factor.
    Don't mind Matt Murray, Walsh and Cottee.
    Morrison is an irritating buffoon.
    Agree Jules will be a good replacement when Jeff eventually goes. 
  • Options
    Could see Ian Dowie also being a possible replacement, he does a lot of the midweek shows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I can see it now.

Roland as host "huh" with a panel of Mouthall, Fartwell, Elliottttt and the Shitsheik.

Soccer Cnut Saturday

• Options
    siblers said:
    Could see Ian Dowie also being a possible replacement, he does a lot of the midweek shows
    Face for radio!
  • Options
    I can see it now.

Roland as host "huh" with a panel of Mouthall, Fartwell, Elliottttt and the Shitsheik.

Soccer Cnut Saturday

Soccer CnutSaturday (fixed for you mate 😉)
  • Options
    If Sue Smith joins the team I can hand on heart say I won’t watch it again. That’s not me being in anyway whatsoever. I just can’t stand her at all. Same with every time Morrison or Dowie have been on, I turn it off. The same as whenever Cahill is on MOTD, I either turn it off or fast forward to the games. Certain people, I just can’t take to.

Alex Scott is fantastic. Laura Woods and Natalie Sawyer have came through Sky Sports and are both brilliant. There’s more too, it’s just there is something about Sue Smith that makes me uncomfortable watching and therefore, I don’t. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Sage said:
    If Sue Smith joins the team I can hand on heart say I won’t watch it again. That’s not me being in anyway whatsoever. I just can’t stand her at all. Same with every time Morrison or Dowie have been on, I turn it off. The same as whenever Cahill is on MOTD, I either turn it off or fast forward to the games. Certain people, I just can’t take to.

Alex Scott is fantastic. Laura Woods and Natalie Sawyer have came through Sky Sports and are both brilliant. There’s more too, it’s just there is something about Sue Smith that makes me uncomfortable watching and therefore, I don’t. 
    Laura Woods is brilliant, she has superb knowledge and a great presenter.

Bianca Westwood hasn't been mentioned yet, she can be hit or miss as a  match reporter but she does very good interviews and knows her stuff. I'd love to see Natalie back on SSN, she's always been very good 

Sue Smith is awful, as bad as Dion Dublin or Paul Ince. Just something annoying about her

Alex Scott isn't bad but she's on so many shows I'm getting a bit sick of her. I don't think she is as insightful as people make out, she's very enthusiastic to be fair 
  • Options
    Matt Murray i thinks is class, not convinced by Alex Scott - i guess she’s ok. To be fair when you analyse them individually i think Thompson, Le Tissier and that clown Charlie Nicholas are the definition of average. However they did bring a good level of ‘banter’ which i liked.
     Put it like this you don’t watch it for its cutting edge reports and incisive stuff, i can go elsewhere for that. 
  • Options
    Surely a massive part of soccer Saturday is the banter between the pundits, I can see Micah Richards being excellent at that but also a bit wasted as he's been excellent as a match pundet. 

Not sure what Alex Scott would offer to the banter side of things bit one thing I've said before and I'll say again is whatever her agent is on it ain't enough.