Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup 2020/2021 (ed Pg.5 - Round 2 West Ham away)

Comments

• Options
    South Draw coming up
  • Options
    Away to Swindon
  • Options
    Swindon it is (away)
  • Options
    Perfect Robins v ex Robins 
    dull as you like 
  • Options
    Thats not the worst tie to get in our half to be honest
  • Options
    Does it even matter?

We had Forest Green at home last year and still lost!
  • Options
    Meh
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Does it even matter?

I hate to say it but I kind of agree with Bowyer, we're not going to win these competitions so why take them seriously?

The gulf that FFP (and now the Salary Cap) has created has been partly to blame for that

Only bonus we should take from this game is at least its not a Championship or League One team (so its someone new) and its a chance for the next Alfie Doughty to impress

The only competition we can win is the EFL Trophy but as we saw with Portsmouth / Sunderland, why go for that when the bigger prize is promotion?
  • Options
    Does it even matter?

I hate to say it but I kind of agree with Bowyer, we're not going to win these competitions so why take them seriously?

The gulf that FFP (and now the Salary Cap) has created has been partly to blame for that

Only bonus we should take from this game is at least its not a Championship or League One team (so its someone new) and its a chance for the next Alfie Doughty to impress

The only competition we can win is the EFL Trophy but as we saw with Portsmouth / Sunderland, why go for that when the bigger prize is promotion?
    Sadly Swindon are in league 1 with us @ForeverAddickted
  • Options
    We'll get them first game the following week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can hardly contain my excitement.
  • Options
    We can at last avenge that play off semi final loss
  • Options
    Does it even matter?

Sadly Swindon are in league 1 with us @ForeverAddickted
    Oh of course they are... Forgot they "won" League Two last year

That tie has just become a bit meh now then
  • Options
    Week before the season starts might mean we play a stronger team than usual in league cup. 
  • Options
    This will be interesting no fans, will it be on Valley Pass? 

If they are not showing it in any shape or form what is the point? 
  • Options

There is talk that the Carabao Cup may be used to test fans being allowed back in Stadiums again - It makes sense to be honest as most attendances are shocking for this
  • Options
    2 1/2 weeks to our first game, that's a bit frightening

Swindon's first game since March too!
  • Options
    Week before the season starts might mean we play a stronger team than usual in league cup. 
    Quite likely actually, it's basically a competitive friendly.
  • Options
    Quite likely actually, it's basically a competitive friendly.
    Would make it interesting if the League game is a few weeks after as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Swindon Town Away up first - so newly promoted to L1 hosts newly demoted to L1.
  • Options
    Swindon Town Away up first - so newly promoted to L1 hosts newly demoted to L1.
    Should be a cracker
  • Options

There is talk that the Carabao Cup may be used to test fans being allowed back in Stadiums again - It makes sense to be honest as most attendances are shocking for this
    I would agree, however since there has been no football to attend since March I can see everyone wanting to attend just to see a ‘live’ game again. 

no away fans I would imagine. 

They will have to consider streaming as some income has to be better than none. 
  • Options

Charlton have been drawn away to Swindon Town in the first round of the Carabao Cup. 

Following the regionalised draw on Tuesday morning, the Addicks will take on the Robins in the tie at the County Ground which is expected to take place on Saturday, September 5th.

The game is expected to be played behind closed doors, with full information on online streaming to follow once confirmed.

Looks like it will be streamed 

Sad to say I have never had such little enthusiasm for a new season. 

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I thought for a minute that Crawley had drawn the gadget guy from James Bond.
  • Options
    Basically a pre-season friendly. Use it to get the players up to speed. We hardly ever get past the 2nd round in any case.
  • Options
    We'll come good and win it this season.

Now where are my tablets?