Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup 2020/2021 (ed Pg.5 - Round 2 West Ham away)

Comments

• Options

Meanwhile, Charlton discovered their opponents for the first competitive match of the 2020/21 season on Tuesday morning – a trip to Swindon Town in the first round of the Carabao Cup on September 5th – and Bowyer has already laid his plans out for the County Ground.

“It will become a pre-season friendly for us, pure and simple, because it’s before the season even starts,” he explained.

“So instead of organising a friendly against someone else, we’ll just use that as a warm-up game – that’s all we can do.”

Swindon away brings back good memories for myself!” continued Bowyer, who made his professional debut for the Addicks in a League Cup tie against Swindon in 1994.

“That’s where it all started for me, so I’m looking forward to going back there.”

Get the impression this cup isn’t very high up on our priorities this season. 

• Options

Meanwhile, Charlton discovered their opponents for the first competitive match of the 2020/21 season on Tuesday morning – a trip to Swindon Town in the first round of the Carabao Cup on September 5th – and Bowyer has already laid his plans out for the County Ground.

“It will become a pre-season friendly for us, pure and simple, because it’s before the season even starts,” he explained.

“So instead of organising a friendly against someone else, we’ll just use that as a warm-up game – that’s all we can do.”

Swindon away brings back good memories for myself!” continued Bowyer, who made his professional debut for the Addicks in a League Cup tie against Swindon in 1994.

“That’s where it all started for me, so I’m looking forward to going back there.”

Until we get crowds back in, all cup games are very unattractive financially...
  • Options

Even with crowds back in, all cup games at home are very unattractive financially.

I was going to say "early round cup games" but thought better of it - since when do we do "later round cup games"?
  • Options
    Basically a pre-season friendly. Use it to get the players up to speed. We hardly ever get past the 2nd round in any case.

It will become a pre-season friendly for us, pure and simple, because it’s before the season even starts,” he explained.

@golfaddick is Bowyer...
  • Options
    You can all shut the feck up, this is our route into Europe and a dream final against Odense Boldklub.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    You can all shut the feck up, this is our route into Europe and a dream final against Odense Boldklub.
    And the following season after winning the Europa League...

• Options

Charlton have been drawn away to Swindon Town in the first round of the Carabao Cup. 

Following the regionalised draw on Tuesday morning, the Addicks will take on the Robins in the tie at the County Ground which is expected to take place on Saturday, September 5th.

The game is expected to be played behind closed doors, with full information on online streaming to follow once confirmed.

Looks like it will be streamed 

Sad to say I have never had such little enthusiasm for a new season. 

If TS gets to take us over once the Injunction hearing has been held I think there will be a lot of us looking to that opening game full of enthusiasm for the future.
  • Options

Charlton have been drawn away to Swindon Town in the first round of the Carabao Cup. 

Following the regionalised draw on Tuesday morning, the Addicks will take on the Robins in the tie at the County Ground which is expected to take place on Saturday, September 5th.

The game is expected to be played behind closed doors, with full information on online streaming to follow once confirmed.

Looks like it will be streamed 

Sad to say I have never had such little enthusiasm for a new season. 

If TS gets to take us over once the Injunction hearing has been held I think there will be a lot of us looking to that opening game full of enthusiasm for the future.
    Very true, but I also still recall singing we’re f@@king rich at the Liberty Stadium and wondering who would be our first opponents in the 2023 Champions League. 

I am getting more optimistic by the day but I won’t be getting my hopes up until all of the clowns connected with The recent shambles are gone and we are back on an even keel.

i will admit when that Barnsley goal hit the back of the net at Griffin Park I Thought  the that was the end. 
  • Options

Exactly, this cup is an inconvenience. With the first 4 rounds all in September with no fans, there's not even the chance of a decent payday from drawing a big club away in round 3.

So i fully understand Bowyer's stance on this, and i'd expect even less enthusiasm for the EFL trophy games too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    For gods sake can we not just call this the caribou cup and stop pretending that isn't what 90% of us whisper to ourselves when we see it mentioned...

• Options
    Got four ties going on today in the League Cup, god knows why
  • Options
    Lol I noticed that thought it was a mistake haha
  • Options
    Lol I noticed that thought it was a mistake haha
    I know they've got a reduced season almost this year but how to belittle your own competition in one foul swoop surely?
  • Options
    Apparently its because of the internationals next weekend, teams who have three or more players called up to squads had their games bought forward. 
  • Options
    Blackburn beat Doncaster 3-2

Blackburn were 1-0 up then 2-1 down before winning 3-2 thanks to a 81st minute penalty

Preston beat Mansfield 4-0

Stevenage drew 3-3 with Portsmouth and game will be settled via penalties

Stevenage were 2-0 up and 3-1 up 

Stoke drew 0-0 with Blackpool and that game will also be settled with Penalties 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Apparently its because of the internationals next weekend, teams who have three or more players called up to squads had their games bought forward. 
    Strange seeing we've had three call ups ourselves...

Wonder if we simply declined
  • Options
    Stoke - Blackpool the Matthews derby?
  • Options

Bowyer said of we had it moved it would have been moved in between 2 important league games and he didnt want that, so maybe we couldn't move it to today for some reason
  • Options

Bowyer said of we had it moved it would have been moved in between 2 important league games and he didnt want that, so maybe we couldn't move it to today for some reason
    I suppose we dont really care when it is seeing that we're never going to take it seriously
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Middlesbrough beat Shrewsbury 4-3 and Burton and Accrington drew 1-1 but Burton won 4-2 on Penalties last night

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Wayne Rooney not even on the bench for Wayne Rooneys Derby County .

He is co manager for England at Soccer Aid tomorrow but surely can get from Derby to Manchester in that time lol so that can't be stopping him playing 
  • Options
    Sky just said he is injured
  • Options
    Derby / Barrow have gone to penalties
  • Options
    Barrow have forced Wayne Rooneys Derby County to penalties 
  • Options
    Some shocking penalties here 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    First 2 scored
    Next 4 missed 

Although sure the keepers have come off their line for at least 2 of those
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The outfield players really dont want to win this shootout do they?

Six penalties, just two scored (one for each side)
  • Options
    Wayne Rooneys Derby County win 3-2 in the Shootout 

Terrible Shootout really 
  • Options
    Wayne Rooneys Derby County win 3-2 in the Shootout 

Terrible Shootout really 
    You havent seen ours yet... ;)