Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan financial woes - up for sale again? p40

Comments

• Just wow ... the EFL need to be heavily fined and individuals sacked for this ... surely has to go to court ... read below link

https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-wigan-have-been-victim-to-one-of-the-greatest-sporting-scandals-of-all-time/

• stonemuse said:
    Just wow ... the EFL need to be heavily fined and individuals sacked for this ... surely has to go to court ... read below link

https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-wigan-have-been-victim-to-one-of-the-greatest-sporting-scandals-of-all-time/

We all read it last night to spare Wigan a thought and take our minds off loosing a game of football or something. 
  • Couldnt care less about Wigan... We have been fecked over and over again for yesrs and nobody gave or gives a sh*t.

Survival at all costs.. No sympathy. 
  • Couldnt care less about Wigan... We have been fecked over and over again for yesrs and nobody gave or gives a sh*t.

I care about Wigan and their fans because they've been screwed over by owners just as badly as we have

Care less about Wednesday because their owners have tried to cheat their way around the rules rather than fucking their fans over
    Unfortunately, it always the fans that suffer
  • Sponsored links:

• Where were they when Bury were wound up.

Local MP Lisa Nandy and Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham have called for an investigation into Wigan Athletic's recent takeover.

The Latics entered administration earlier this week having been taken over by the Next Leader Fund on 29 May.

The Labour politicians have asked that administrators be stopped from selling players and the club's 12-point penalty be frozen until an inquiry is complete.

Wigan will fulfil Saturday's game at Brentford despite players going unpaid.

"We have heard today that staff at the club are about to be made redundant and that players are being offered for sale," their joint-letter to English Football League chairman Rick Parry says.

"This raises serious concerns about the administration process and fears that the club is being broken up.

"There are also serious questions to be asked about the EFL's processes, with the club's new owner being approved just a matter of days before it was plunged into administration.

"This shocking turn of events has left the public of Wigan bewildered and their fate of their football club hanging in the balance."

Nandy, the MP for Wigan and also shadow foreign secretary, described Wigan's entry into administration as a "major global scandal" in a letter to culture secretary Oliver Dowden earlier this week.

Meanwhile, Parry was filmed by a Wigan supporter discussing the club's plight soon after administrators took control on Tuesday.

The club will be deducted 12 points this season if they end the campaign outside the bottom three, or next season if they finish in the bottom three and are automatically relegated to League One.

Paul Cook's side are currently the form team in the Championship having won six of their past nine games to rise up to 14th in the table, seven points clear of the relegation places.

"Wigan Athletic FC is a vital part of our proud footballing heritage in Greater Manchester with deep roots in our community," Nandy and Burnham added.

"We urge you to step in today and take urgent action to secure the long-term future of this much-loved club."

• ross1 said:
    If they get docked points and it helps us stay up, so be it......but no way do I want their club to go out of business, or any other club

The Surrey mob would be an exception - surely?
  • bobmunro said:
    ross1 said:
    If they get docked points and it helps us stay up, so be it......but no way do I want their club to go out of business, or any other club

The Surrey Quays mob would be an exception - surely?
    Yes , agreed 
  • Politicians make company law and are totally responsible for this shit. 

Asking for enquiries and blaming other people is not what they need to be doing now.   

Lisa Nandy and Andy Burnham - sort this out - it's your fault.

• With this following on from the shaningans with us and bury etc I cant see that even the EFL wont go through a major process change. Either they do it themselves or government will step in

As I've said on another thread, I wouldn't be too blase about what the EFL do to Wigan, because they're investigating us as well, remember?
  • aliwibble said:
    Couldnt care less about Wigan... We have been fecked over and over again for yesrs and nobody gave or gives a sh*t.

As I've said on another thread, I wouldn't be too blase about what the EFL do to Wigan, because they're investigating us as well, remember?
    Action already taken against Wigan as it is automatic and you cannot appeal.
    I doubt that anything we have not done would be serious enough to warrant points deductions, and even if it did, we would have the right of appeal.
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Couldnt care less about Wigan... We have been fecked over and over again for yesrs and nobody gave or gives a sh*t.

As far as we know we haven't done anything wrong. You dont just get a point deduction because the new owner cant prove source or sustainability of funds or for a director taking money out. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Where were they when Bury were wound up.

Local MP Lisa Nandy and Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham have called for an investigation into Wigan Athletic's recent takeover.

The Latics entered administration earlier this week having been taken over by the Next Leader Fund on 29 May.

The Labour politicians have asked that administrators be stopped from selling players and the club's 12-point penalty be frozen until an inquiry is complete.

Wigan will fulfil Saturday's game at Brentford despite players going unpaid.

"We have heard today that staff at the club are about to be made redundant and that players are being offered for sale," their joint-letter to English Football League chairman Rick Parry says.

"This raises serious concerns about the administration process and fears that the club is being broken up.

"There are also serious questions to be asked about the EFL's processes, with the club's new owner being approved just a matter of days before it was plunged into administration.

"This shocking turn of events has left the public of Wigan bewildered and their fate of their football club hanging in the balance."

Nandy, the MP for Wigan and also shadow foreign secretary, described Wigan's entry into administration as a "major global scandal" in a letter to culture secretary Oliver Dowden earlier this week.

Meanwhile, Parry was filmed by a Wigan supporter discussing the club's plight soon after administrators took control on Tuesday.

The club will be deducted 12 points this season if they end the campaign outside the bottom three, or next season if they finish in the bottom three and are automatically relegated to League One.

Paul Cook's side are currently the form team in the Championship having won six of their past nine games to rise up to 14th in the table, seven points clear of the relegation places.

"Wigan Athletic FC is a vital part of our proud footballing heritage in Greater Manchester with deep roots in our community," Nandy and Burnham added.

"We urge you to step in today and take urgent action to secure the long-term future of this much-loved club."

Ask the two Tory MPs for Bury.
  • I believe that one of the MP's for Bury represented the Labour Party during the demise of Bury FC, but lost his seat at the December General Election.   
  • aliwibble said:

As far as we know we haven't done anything wrong. You dont just get a point deduction because the new owner cant prove source or sustainability of funds or for a director taking money out. 
    Failure to prove source and sufficiency of funds was at the heart of Bury's expulsion.
  • aliwibble said:

Failure to prove source and sufficiency of funds was at the heart of Bury's expulsion.
    True, and I would expect that to be our fate if it went on long enough. However Bury’s demise was complicated by them being unable to pay anyone and unable to show how they would finance their CVA. 

I don’t recall clubs getting point deductions for this type of issue. I think those are reserved for administration, FFP, failure to complete fixtures, ineligible players, etc.  
  • Wouldnt surprise any of us would it in all honesty?
  • If half of what I'm reading is true, I don't see the justification for the Wigan points deduction. 

Why punish a club for the actions of an owner that is gleefully wanting the team to fail? It needs to be a criminal investigation. 

Lot of selfish people in this thread that only care about Charlton, when this story is far bigger than relegation. 
    Because you can't not punish any club for going into admin.