Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• There will be many (wrong in my opinion) that will choose not to be vaccinated. The same as those who do have have their children vaccinated.
    It is what it is unless compulsory vaccination is introduced - and that will not happen.

• Huskaris said:
    bobmunro said:
    There will be many (wrong in my opinion) that will choose not to be vaccinated. The same as those who do have have their children vaccinated.
    It is what it is unless compulsory vaccination is introduced - and that will not happen.

I have more sympathy for someone unwilling to take a brand new vaccine, vs someone taking a vaccine that his been around for decades, to the extend long term effects etc are known from the vaccine. 

I know that I would never hesitate to take a vaccine for any illnesses while going abroad, and would definitely get any kids I have the MMR vaccines etc, but taking a brand new vaccine, I can see a lot of people resisting it... 
    What would they be basing this on? I'm curious how many vaccines have been proven to be unsafe.

• bobmunro said:
    Huskaris said:
    bobmunro said:
    There will be many (wrong in my opinion) that will choose not to be vaccinated. The same as those who do have have their children vaccinated.

I have more sympathy for someone unwilling to take a brand new vaccine, vs someone taking a vaccine that his been around for decades, to the extend long term effects etc are known from the vaccine. 

I know that I would never hesitate to take a vaccine for any illnesses while going abroad, and would definitely get any kids I have the MMR vaccines etc, but taking a brand new vaccine, I can see a lot of people resisting it... 
    What would they be basing this on? I'm curious how many vaccines have been proven to be unsafe.

Most vaccines take years to develop following extensive clinical trials. Covid-19 is clearly a situation where short cuts will be taken and therefore has greater consequential risk of unintended/unidentified adverse affects.
    The vaccine hasn't been developed yet so I'm unclear how anyone is in a position to comment on trials/shortcuts?

The anti-vaxxer movement never seems to have any coherent arguments. Curious to know which vaccines have been proven to be unsafe?

• bobmunro said:
    Huskaris said:
    bobmunro said:

Most vaccines take years to develop following extensive clinical trials. Covid-19 is clearly a situation where short cuts will be taken and therefore has greater consequential risk of unintended/unidentified adverse affects.
    The vaccine hasn't been developed yet so I'm unclear how anyone is in a position to comment on trials/shortcuts?

The anti-vaxxer movement never seems to have any coherent arguments. Curious to know which vaccines have been proven to be unsafe?

A lot of people point to a flawed study linking vaccinations and autism. Not proven and entirely wrong but it is enough to get a bandwagon going
  • Sponsored links:

• Novak is a very healthy guy who probably thinks his immune system can beat the Covid-19 virus. This is interesting because the original late 19th century 'germ' argument, between Pasteur and Beauchamp was all about whether a virus could attack a healthy body. Pasteur said 'Yes' and developed vaccines to prove his case. Beauchamp said 'No' and in front of an audience swallowed a glass of water containing cholera to prove his point. (He survived) However Pasteur won the argument over time and of course the drug companies are now a huge pillar of society. You attack them at your peril!
    I hope Novak explains his reasons for not having the potential vaccination and am curious to see if he has ever had them.
  • To be fair, there was always a clue to his attitude towards vaccination in his first name. 
    :smiley:
  • In a free society, which I assume we aspire to live in, there has to be an element of choice.

The longterm impact of new vaccines is unknown by definition so, in a free society, people have the right not to take the risk should they so choose.

A minority view no doubt and, for the record, despite my fears and misgivings, I would have a COVID -19 vaccination if one was available to me probably, although as an elderly, weak member of 'the herd' and thus probable LEAVE voter I doubt it would be available to me, but I respect the right of those who think differently to make their own choice.
  • To be fair, there was always a clue to his attitude towards vaccination in his first name. 
    :smiley:
    I just thought he had a messy house. 😀
  • what do you expect with his name?
    I'm glad Roger Federer doesn't live up to his name
  • I think a vaccination history should be required before a child is allowed to register for school. No history, no school. These anti vaccine freaks are literally a health hazard. 
    no 1 tennis player in the world a health hazard? lol. 
  • mrbligh said:
    I think a vaccination history should be required before a child is allowed to register for school. No history, no school. These anti vaccine freaks are literally a health hazard. 
    Why the LOL ? 

If he chose not to vaccinate his kids against say measles as he does not believe in vaccines then yes, he is a health hazard 
  • mrbligh said:
    I think a vaccination history should be required before a child is allowed to register for school. No history, no school. These anti vaccine freaks are literally a health hazard. 
    Do you not understand how vaccines work? Genuine question. 
  • Sponsored links:

• you don't become the no.1 tennis player in the world by living your life like a health hazard! (see wayne rooney, fat ronaldo, maradona etc - all the talent but actual health hazards)

Read into his medical history.....diet, de-stressing, yoga, meditation and dedication have enabled him to get to the top. People will think this is all too hippy but I have first hand experience of the djokovic vs the 'medical establishment as it were' way of life and i tell you now djokovic's way wins hands down! 
  • mrbligh said:
    haha! i knew i shouldn't have bitten! 

no mate i know how they work and of course i know how useful they can be in stopping certain diseases. I also know that there are a lot of other ways to combat disease than a vacine, especially an unproven one
  • just found calling a man at the peak of physical fitness a health hazard funny
  • LenGlover said:
    In a free society, which I assume we aspire to live in, there has to be an element of choice.

The longterm impact of new vaccines is unknown by definition so, in a free society, people have the right not to take the risk should they so choose.

A minority view no doubt and, for the record, despite my fears and misgivings, I would have a COVID -19 vaccination if one was available to me probably, although as an elderly, weak member of 'the herd' and thus probable LEAVE voter I doubt it would be available to me, but I respect the right of those who think differently to make their own choice.
    @LenGlover It’s fine to adopt that attitude Len but there are now people becoming sick and dying (not COVID-19) because diseases that had been virtually eradicated are creeping back into society because a small but significant enough group follow poor science and nut loop conspiracy theories. I say fine to the free choice but you take that choice by the rules the rest of society sets. No vaccine, No state schooling. 

Do you support free choice for seat belts or crash helmets ? 
  • edited April 2020
    LenGlover said:
    In a free society, which I assume we aspire to live in, there has to be an element of choice.

@LenGlover It’s fine to adopt that attitude Len but there are now people becoming sick and dying (not COVID-19) because diseases that had been virtually eradicated are creeping back into society because a small but significant enough group follow poor science and nut loop conspiracy theories. I say fine to the free choice but you take that choice by the rules the rest of society sets. No vaccine, No state schooling. 

That is a fair and interesting question to challenge me with.

As a general principle I would say 'YES' however, having said that, there are no longterm risks attached to wearing seatbelts or crash helmets whereas the shorterm benefits are obvious so, whilst not ideal on ideological grounds, compulsion can be justified on pragmatic grounds.

Vaccination can be distinguished firstly, as I said above, we cannot and do not know the potential longterm risks often or, with new vaccines, the shorterm effiacy either. For those reasons I do not believe a free society should make them compulsory let alone threaten no state schooling if they are not given. That's the sort of forced action an oppressive communist state would take not a democracy. 

• mrbligh said:
    mrbligh said:
    haha! i knew i shouldn't have bitten! 

no mate i know how they work and of course i know how useful they can be in stopping certain diseases. I also know that there are a lot of other ways to combat disease than a vacine, especially an unproven one

So essentially you're saying you don't need vaccines - you just use one of the 'other ways' to combat disease. Explain away....
  • LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:

As a general principle I would say 'YES' however, having said that, there are no longterm risks attached to wearing seatbelts or crash helmets whereas the shorterm benefits are obvious so, whilst not ideal on ideological grounds, compulsion can be justified on pragmatic grounds.

Vaccination can be distinguished firstly, as I said above, we cannot and do not know the potential longterm risks often or, with new vaccines, the shorterm effiacy either. For those reasons I do not believe a free society should make them compulsory let alone threaten no state schooling if they are not given. That's the sort of forced action an oppressive communist state would take not a democracy. 

Smallpox. The very first disease conquered by vaccine. It was eradicated from the planet because people were so terrified of the consequences of catching this awful disease that everyone wanted the cure. The nut jobs that thinks it liberal and trendy to not vaccinate their children because it’s only measles or mumps or rubella and it was common for kids to catch it back in the sixties are irresponsible beyond belief. All three of those children’s diseases can cause very severe symptoms, lifetime debilitating and sometimes even death. The benefits of protection far far far outweighs any possibility that the vaccine might have side effects. There is no possible argument that it is the right thing to do. 
  • LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:

France as far as I'm aware has compulsory vaccination - this was felt in the best interests re the health of children.
  • This is a thoroughly depressing read, but shows how effective vaccination is that people have the space to doubt it