Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    Is Djoko a Christian Scientist or perhaps a follower of a sect that has no faith in conventional medicine ?
  • Options
    When I stated that, "They won't catch measles, cholera or cancer from me"...re the cancer comment, I was being sarcastic. I thought that was obvious!
    Please don't link me with Trump!
    The world would be a lot safer if people cleaned up the environment and lived much healthier lives. Don't do drugs - unless you really have to.
    And for Gawd's sake, stop worshipping scientists as if the have all the answers to health issues. They are often the cause of huge problems. Wait and see if Covid 19 started off in a Wu Han vivisection laboratory.
    It would seem that of the numerous takes on where Covid-19 originated you have chosen to believe it is man made, or at least harnessed from the wild by Chinese scientists.
    How come you believe that at this stage of events....no one and I do mean no one outside of China knows for sure and it’s not even clear that they do either.
    Of the dozen or so theories floating around yours is no more or no less viable.....no one knows for sure and indeed the truth may never be told.
    You have however chosen to believe your version as factual because that theory suits your very odd beliefs.
    Are you really a teacher......good grief!
    Sorry, only just caught up with this thread, so this response is a bit dated.

So, thewolfboy is (genuinely!?) a teacher? If so, that's frightening. To what age group is he/she 'teaching' I wonder, and what subject? (I'm assuming it's not that Hocus Pocus nonsense that is 'Science'). 

If my children were still of school age, I'd not want him/her facilitating any lesson in which they were a pupil. Who knows what 'ad-hoc' 'off the record' hyperbole he/she is polluting his/her pupils' influential minds with, and how does it fit in with with his/her education establishment's ethos and doctrine (and not to mention, standardised national curriculum material) - truly frightening. 

Each to their own, but sometimes demonstrable fact and common sense are consumed by the power that the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Twitter hold over the gullible, naive and easily influenced.

Right, I'm off to look at my 'globe'! It's flat and is laid out on the dining room table!
    He is defence against the dark arts master at Hogwarts
  • Options
    What has conventional medicine and science ever done for the human race? 
  • Options
    How many lives have been saved by conventional medicines and vaccines since thalidomide?
    Anti vax pronouncements should be treated almost as a hate crime.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    How many lives have been saved by conventional medicines and vaccines since thalidomide?
    Anti vax pronouncements should be treated almost as a hate crime.
    Zero, it was all down to the vegetables.
  • Options
    When I stated that, "They won't catch measles, cholera or cancer from me"...re the cancer comment, I was being sarcastic. I thought that was obvious!
    Please don't link me with Trump!
    The world would be a lot safer if people cleaned up the environment and lived much healthier lives. Don't do drugs - unless you really have to.
    And for Gawd's sake, stop worshipping scientists as if the have all the answers to health issues. They are often the cause of huge problems. Wait and see if Covid 19 started off in a Wu Han vivisection laboratory.
    How do you not fall down more? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Wonder what sponsors & players feel about that decision. Not having the obvious best player will probably be a bigger story than who ever wins it. Don’t follow Tennis at all, but just interested as World Cup in Qatar will be similar with their restrictions.
  • Options
    Just read the story by Djokovic senior and yes Novak doesn't have to tell the world about whether he has had the vaccine but if he doesn't pass the criteria as laid out by the Australian Open then he should stay away.

We do know his views before the tournament he arranged and so many players and their entourage caught Covid and a few young super fit tennis players were bed ridded for a few weeks recovering as there was no social distancing, so the choice is Novak's.

Novak Djokovic is an intelligent guy and does so much for Serbia and is a GOAT in tennis but he has struggled to understand COVID-19 and it's many varients; he is not alone.

• Options
    Just read the story by Djokovic senior and yes Novak doesn't have to tell the world about whether he has had the vaccine but if he doesn't pass the criteria as laid out by the Australian Open then he should stay away.

We do know his views before the tournament he arranged and so many players and their entourage caught Covid and a few young super fit tennis players were bed ridded for a few weeks recovering as there was no social distancing, so the choice is Novak's.

Novak Djokovic is an intelligent guy and does so much for Serbia and is a GOAT in tennis but he has struggled to understand COVID-19 and it's many varients; he is not alone.

Fair enough ND doesn't have to explicitly declare his vaccine status.  Of course the narcissistic nincompoop will do precisely that by not going to Australia.
    I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and generously supports all manner of wonderful things but his intelligence is in huge question as regards vaccines.
    Despite the serious health outcomes of his nutjobs' tennis tournament last year he's clearly still got his head rammed up whatever crackpot belief system convinces him he's right about COVID and/or the vaccines.  It's only dumb luck that's not seen any of his nearest or dearest seriously effected by this virus, or any of the other entirely preventable pathogens against which he presumably remains unprotected.  Hopefully that's the way it stays, not forgetting all the people he's already negligently infected.  Sure as eggs are eggs, his position will change the minute someone he actually cares about suffers.  The bliss of ignorance is inevitably temporary. 
  • Options
    Didn't Novak actually have Covid?

He may feel safer and better protected / less likely to spread it than people who have only been vaccinated?

(From a triple vaccinated person just trying to understand why people don't bother!) 

• Options

He may feel safer and better protected / less likely to spread it than people who have only been vaccinated?

(From a triple vaccinated person just trying to understand why people don't bother!) 

He'll probably have a better chance of not getting seriously ill from a subsequent Covid infection, but that better chance almost certainly fades with time.
    Studies into antibody prevalence in people after recovery from infection, show that no more than 4 out of 5 people develop any of the infection specific antibodies.  Or 20% of Covid sufferers are unlikely to be less badly effected or infectious 2nd time around.
    But that's precisely the sort of scientific rigour and evidence that Novak disregards, cos he knows better.

Most people's immunity, whether infection acquired or vaccine acquired, diminishes over time.  The rate of decline tends to be higher, the older we get.
    There are of course exceptions and outliers, positive and negative, to all these trends.  

What's also emerging from the continuing studies is that although broader vaccine acquired protection from the AZ jabs appeared to decline more rapidly than from the mRNA type jabs, a specific immune response "T-Cells" appears to remain effective for longer periods, so far.  The large numbers of Brits having received the AZ jabs may be related to why we continue to have relatively low levels of hospitalisation  despite the high background level of infection.

Probably best to avoid getting infected at all, if it has to be, then hope that happens after you've had at least 2 vaccine jabs.  
  • Options
    The issue for Djokovic of course is that if more and more countries/tournaments insist on it he's either going to have to get vaccinated or retire.
  • Options
    By now there must be tens of thousands of people in the UK known to who have had Covid twice.

It would be educational to know what percentage of them actually got very ill.
  • Options

It was reported that Novak Djokovic had Covid in 2020 but not sure the timeline with his own tournament but as it was inside and he had a cuddle with Grigor Dimitrov (who was really sick for a while) after a match and they hung out together for a week you would trend to believe that is when he may of  caught it?

• Options
    The issue for Djokovic of course is that if more and more countries/tournaments insist on it he's either going to have to get vaccinated or retire.
    I think I saw Canada will be going that way in January, with no exemptions for sports. There were concerns over how that would impact the baseball season, as they have a larger number of holdouts than the other cross border sports. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Company I work for say if you elect not to have the vaccination then you need 2 PCR tests every week to come into the office (they pay).  The clinical director of the (government approved) testing company has said if someone tests positive then after self isolating for 10 days they can come back into the office for 90 days without further testing because of the antibody immunity provided by having had Covid.  So if Djorkavic had Covid last year there is a good chance that any natural immunity will have gone and he could get/carry it again.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Company I work for say if you elect not to have the vaccination then you need 2 PCR tests every week to come into the office (they pay).  The clinical director of the (government approved) testing company has said if someone tests positive then after self isolating for 10 days they can come back into the office for 90 days without further testing because of the antibody immunity provided by having had Covid.  So if Djorkavic had Covid last year there is a good chance that any natural immunity will have gone and he could get/carry it again.
    I've had three jabs and need to do 2 rapid flow test a week if i want to go into the office every day
  • Options
    His choice not to come. Gets a bit ridiculous all the special treatment sportsmen expect.

• Options
    who is prepared to take this sort of risk with their health:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/30/life-tragic-death-john-eyers-fitness-fanatic-who-refused-covid-vaccine

more importantly who is prepared to expose their loved ones to this sort of risk..?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59865959

No-vac will compete in Australia, but with a medical exemption from having a Covid-19 vaccination.

Earlier this week, Australian Open chief Craig Tiley said that some unvaccinated players had been granted exemptions to play in the year's first Grand Slam.Applications for medical exemptions are being assessed anonymously by two separate panels, with inflammatory cardiac illness or another acute condition listed as valid reasons.But it is also possible Djokovic has recently tested positive for the virus, which would allow him to defer taking the vaccine.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/30/life-tragic-death-john-eyers-fitness-fanatic-who-refused-covid-vaccine

more importantly who is prepared to expose their loved ones to this sort of risk..?
    It all depends on your risk assessment.
    His loved ones all got vaccinated.
    The risk for himself was far greater and he knew that.

This type of article is typical of today's Covid19 propaganda that is designed to weave the new social standards into people's minds that we are each indirectly responsible for the health of others. 
    Meanwhile we are not allowed to say that an individual is responsible for his own health. I for example have put on over 2kg over Christmas and drank more alcohol. This makes me 4kg overweight. Every kilo makes me more unhealthy and more susceptible to disease. The alcohol does too.
    It is my personal responsibility to lose their extra weight. I don't ask others to abandon aspects of their lives to account for my own lack of responsibility or to allow for my unhealthy life choices.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Billy_Mix said:

It all depends on your risk assessment.
    His loved ones all got vaccinated.
    The risk for himself was far greater and he knew that.

This type of article is typical of today's Covid19 propaganda that is designed to weave the new social standards into people's minds that we are each indirectly responsible for the health of others. 
    Meanwhile we are not allowed to say that an individual is responsible for his own health. I for example have put on over 2kg over Christmas and drank more alcohol. This makes me 4kg overweight. Every kilo makes me more unhealthy and more susceptible to disease. The alcohol does too.
    It is my personal responsibility to lose their extra weight. I don't ask others to abandon aspects of their lives to account for my own lack of responsibility or to allow for my unhealthy life choices.
    But other people can’t “contract” being overweight from you, they can contract covid from you.
    How about air pollution and chronic lung diseases which may partly explain why Western and "advanced" populations are so susceptible to the effects of Covid.

Drive along the North Circular and lower the life expectancy of those nearby by a few years. 

Not my fault mate! They shouldn't choose to live there if they don't like it.