Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    To be fair, there was always a clue to his attitude towards vaccination in his first name. 
    :smiley:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    In a free society, which I assume we aspire to live in, there has to be an element of choice.

The longterm impact of new vaccines is unknown by definition so, in a free society, people have the right not to take the risk should they so choose.

A minority view no doubt and, for the record, despite my fears and misgivings, I would have a COVID -19 vaccination if one was available to me probably, although as an elderly, weak member of 'the herd' and thus probable LEAVE voter I doubt it would be available to me, but I respect the right of those who think differently to make their own choice.
    This weeks award for most gratuitous reference to Brexit.
  • Options

Well. bravo Novac Djokovic!

Two thousand years ago the herd mentality to any family crisis, or illness, was to go to the local temple and pay the priest to sacrifice some poor animal. If you were rich it would be a heifer or goat and if poor a turtle-dove would get killed. 

At least these poor creatures had a quick death because in modern times many hundreds of thousands of creatures are being slowly tortured in the vivisection laboratories suffering untold misery sacrificed for a ‘healthy’ vaccine - which doesn’t always work. 

As a special needs teacher I have taught several children who have suffered badly after receiving vaccination jabs but you rarely hear about these cases because the drug industry settles them out of court.

The real option to having vaccinations is to live a healthy lifestyle, clean up the environment and air and avoid going to places where you are more likely to catch a disease, such as a leaking sewerage pipe.

What a load of bollocks
    Come on.  What do you REALLY think?
  • Options
    Should third party car insurance be compulsory? Is that not an infringement of civil liberties?

I view someone without a measles vaccination like someone with no third-party car insurance. Fine so long as he doesn't drive! 

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    In a free society, which I assume we aspire to live in, there has to be an element of choice.

The longterm impact of new vaccines is unknown by definition so, in a free society, people have the right not to take the risk should they so choose.

A minority view no doubt and, for the record, despite my fears and misgivings, I would have a COVID -19 vaccination if one was available to me probably, although as an elderly, weak member of 'the herd' and thus probable LEAVE voter I doubt it would be available to me, but I respect the right of those who think differently to make their own choice.

You're right Len, I think I recall that Boris and Witty mentioned that remainers will be prioritised so as to ensure high intelligence levels of the herd 

I'm sure that when the vaccine becomes abundant in supply that it will be further distributed to those yet to be walking fully upright.   ;-) 

• Options
    what do you expect with his name?
    I'm glad Roger Federer doesn't live up to his name

Did Roger Moore ?
  • Options
    Novak Djokavic is a good guy who has given Millions to the Serbian people after floods and to the Serbian Health service to fight COVID-19.
    MMR Vaccine was proven to be incorrect  in causing Autism, but the problem was autism starts to show around a month after most MMR vaccines were given.
    My neighbour believed that for a year or two until evidence proved the lad had a growth gene which was the reason for his Autism.

A new vaccine is not so clear cut and if it's on the market before a year then cross your fingers and toes, because vaccines and especially this " genius virus " * may not be so easily beaten.

Again spiritual reason are behind Novak's thoughts and how he overcame his digestive health issues ( I thought it was a gluten free diet !)

* Donald Trump's words. 

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm a great believer in the odd bit of levity to keep things in perspective and good humoured on threads like this.

@ShootersHillGuru and I have sparred on here over many years and met personally a few times too. He'll take that in exactly the spirit it was meant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Djokavic is perfectly entitled to his opinion on vaccines, just like Professor Sarah Gilbert is perfectly entitled to her opinion on how to play a backhand passing shot with topspin.

But I'd much rather listen to both of them talking about their area of expertise  :)
  • Options
    Djokavic is perfectly entitled to his opinion on vaccines, just like Professor Sarah Gilbert is perfectly entitled to her opinion on how to play a backhand passing shot with topspin.

But I'd much rather listen to both of them talking about their area of expertise  :)

15 love to Professor Gilbert.

Why did Professor Sarah Gilbert say she was 80% sure of success by September 2020 when 18 months is the norm, with the wait to see the reaction from Human patients as opposed to mice.
    Say 50% if you must, but don't follow that up with we don't even know if people get an Immunity after catching the virus.

The reason is The Virus SARS-COV-2 which became COVID-19 the disease, is a new Coronovirus and in saying you are 80% sure of success in so disingenuous.

15 ALL.

Still you're the expert and now have the funding from the Government so go forth and smash that overhead away Professional Gilbert.

Potential 30-15 for Ms Gilbert, but just  checking with Hawkeye.

• Options
    what do you expect with his name?
    Best subtle pun ever on CL
  • Options
    He is also opposed to surgery and medicine apparently. Based on devout Christian beliefs.
    He always comes across as intelligent so this idiocy is a bit of a shock.
  • Options
    Well Shooters... you seem an informed chap and no doubt have read the initial germ theory which is by no means cut and dried. Put it this way, if my daughter had a measles jab that caused her to have a stroke that led to a withered arm and a heavy limp then I wouldn't think that contemplating an alternate healthy approach to illness was, "a load of bollocks." 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Well Shooters... you seem an informed chap and no doubt have read the initial germ theory which is by no means cut and dried. Put it this way, if my daughter had a measles jab that caused her to have a stroke that led to a withered arm and a heavy limp then I wouldn't think that contemplating an alternate healthy approach to illness was, "a load of bollocks." 
    You can eat as much healthy food and exercise to your hearts content and look like and be as fit as a fiddle. None. Absolutely none of that lifestyle choice which is good by the way, would be worth a hill of beans in your chance of not contracting a virus. Depending on which virus you contracted it might kill you stone dead just like it might the fat old boy next door. FACT
  • Options
    On the other hand, people whose kids die in car crashes don't usually even stop using their car - let alone adopt an alternate technology free approach to life!
  • Options

Well. bravo Novac Djokovic!

Two thousand years ago the herd mentality to any family crisis, or illness, was to go to the local temple and pay the priest to sacrifice some poor animal. If you were rich it would be a heifer or goat and if poor a turtle-dove would get killed. 

At least these poor creatures had a quick death because in modern times many hundreds of thousands of creatures are being slowly tortured in the vivisection laboratories suffering untold misery sacrificed for a ‘healthy’ vaccine - which doesn’t always work. 

As a special needs teacher I have taught several children who have suffered badly after receiving vaccination jabs but you rarely hear about these cases because the drug industry settles them out of court.

The real option to having vaccinations is to live a healthy lifestyle, clean up the environment and air and avoid going to places where you are more likely to catch a disease, such as a leaking sewerage pipe.

You're an imbecile. And, if you're in charge of teaching children, a dangerous imbecile. 
    I wanted to post that but didn’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:

I'm a great believer in the odd bit of levity to keep things in perspective and good humoured on threads like this.

@ShootersHillGuru and I have sparred on here over many years and met personally a few times too. He'll take that in exactly the spirit it was meant.
    Uhuh. And did you take my comment in the same spirit or is it a private banter party? 😂
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:

Uhuh. And did you take my comment in the same spirit or is it a private banter party? 😂
    Certainly I did and @RodneyCharltonTrotta's too.

However, as I don't know you that well on here and seeing your avatar with the blue and yellow stars which could have meant you took a flippant comment seriously I thought I'd better introduce a bit of context.
  • Options
    Well Shooters, we have to simply disagree. With my vegan diet and healthy lifestyle I am confident that I can and will overcome any virus that attacks me. After all I am retired now and have never had any health problems whatsoever. Most of my friends are on medication for either diabetes/asthma/cancer/high blood pressure, whatever...The bottom line for me is that I don't want anything to do with creatures being sacrificed for my well being in the hope of a vaccine cure. 
  • Options
    Well Shooters, we have to simply disagree. With my vegan diet and healthy lifestyle I am confident that I can and will overcome any virus that attacks me. After all I am retired now and have never had any health problems whatsoever. Most of my friends are on medication for either diabetes/asthma/cancer/high blood pressure, whatever...The bottom line for me is that I don't want anything to do with creatures being sacrificed for my well being in the hope of a vaccine cure. 
    So you have no issue with carrying that virus and spreading it to your friends with weaker immune systems because your vegan lifestyle makes you too important for vaccines? Cool. Selfish 'I'm too strong to die' attitudes like this weaken herd immunity and put immuno-compromised people in the community who can't have the vaccine at risk. Incredibly, vaccines aren't all about you.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Gotcha. Good for you mate. Ever had a cold ? 
  • Options
    Good to see that a vegan diet and healthy lifestyle can overcome any virus - didn't know that before.
  • Options
    Wolf'boy' - if you are retired now, when did you decide to become a vegan?

Did it co-incide with your loss of humanity?

• Options
    Good to see that a vegan diet and healthy lifestyle can overcome any virus - didn't know that before.
    Well it had me in hospital with pneumonia many year ago.

I'm not going to have a pop at Wolfie, I think hes on a wind up and hes a Charlton supporter. There's hope .
    If you want a bit of baiting nut jobs Twitter is full of them a present.