Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We could find out a little more of who is to be involved tomorrow evening with the U23s playing at Princes Park today, 1pm.

Or we might not... We‘ll find out later today. 
  • Options
    Great preview Sage , with Forest beating Leeds on Saturday and us losing to Stoke , there's only one result gonna happen here .......... 1 - 0 Charlton , Sarr with a later winner !
  • Options
    the sort of game we will probably nick something from, got a couple of mates driving up to this one. 
  • Options
    a hard fought battling 1-1 draw
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Cant see anything but a loss Im afraid. We are conceding at least 2 goals every game, and that includes against teams at the bottom that weve played recently. Im not confident we could score 3 or 4 goals at Forest to gurantee a win given our defensive form. 
  • Options
    We’re so leaky and lack goals only thing that will get us anything out the game will be some McGeady magic .
    3-1 loss again as the trapdoor is waiting to gobble us up 
    McGeady must come in a s a p .. let's pray that it doesn't take him until Leeds away to get 'match fit'  
  • Options
    Like that team @Sage
  • Options
    Can't say I'm desperately looking forward to tomorrow BUT we generally play better against the better teams

9 away games for me this season with no win. After 8 consecutive away games where I've seen us let in exactly 2 goals in every game, we broke the cycle at Stoke by conceding 3...
  • Options

In my head I've already written this one off and hoping for something on Saturday.

I'd be shocked if we got anything out of this based on the Stoke game, even a goal.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genuinely buzzing for this, although thats probably cos I'm ticking off the City Ground.

I think they'll be too strong, but they may have one eye on WBA on Saturday and we need a massive reaction to the Stoke performance.

Head says 2-0 Forest, heart says 2-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    Bit like most grounds at this level and above but our League record at the City Ground is horrendous

Two wins there since 1975, both of which have been 1-0 wins (Cousins in 2014; Youds in 1998)
  • Options
    Bit like most grounds at this level and above but our League record at the City Ground is horrendous

Two wins there since 1975, both of which have been 1-0 wins (Cousins in 2014; Youds in 1998)
    That will do for me
  • Options
    With Macaulay Bonne and Taylor as the two strikers we should have more goal threat against Blackburn and Luton. This game
    looks a home banker because we have lost confidence away from home and have adopted a negative mindset.

Having the best goal difference out of the bottom 5 (Stoke will go clear) is so important.

Lee Bowyer will sort this out, but i believe the 4 months of Injuries and the Roland leaving saga and the delay with his own contract has affected him.
  • Options
    Shit time to be playing them.  I think Bowyer has been very mindful all season of setting us up in a way (particularly away from home) that means we don't get beat too heavily, hence our respectable goal difference, but was that the undoing of us on Saturday because we were too cautious?  I can't see past anything other than a defeat after the wind was taken out my sails because of Saturday's result, and Forest are a better team than Stoke.  Do we play with a bit more of attacking intent or do we go ultra defensive and try and frustrate a result out of them.

He may revert back to 5-3-2, but if he plays a diamond I would imagine Pearce gets dropped for Sarr.

Philips

Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington 

Davis

Cullen Field Oztumer Green

Taylor

Subs Amos, Pearce, Pratley, JFC, McGeady, Doughty, Hemed
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ffs forgot Williams on the bench and seen Bonne is now fit to play a role on the bench too apparently.  Revised line up 

Salmon

Danny Butterfield | Rufus | Les Berry | Sturgess

Peake

Tom Soares | Pratley  | Colin Powell

Oztumer

Gorman

Subs; Amos, Pearce, Cullen, Davis, Williams, McGeady, Bonne

• Options
    What? No Cory Gibbs?
  • Options
    Not confident, Forest are flying at the moment. 4-0 to the Reds.
  • Options
    We're unbeaten in the last 7 fixtures against Forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slightly off the subject. It's snowing in Nottingham at the moment. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Praying the game goes ahead... Nothing better than watching Football in the snow!!!
  • Options
    Unbeaten against the top 5, with 11 points from 7 games. I’m going with a strong 1-0 win to ease everyone’s stress 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Call off the rest of the EFL season, we'll finish 4th bottom and safe!
  • Options
    After so many games recently and Saturday's inept display, Matthews has to be replaced by Solly.  Sarr is the only option for Pearce but JP is so far short of what's required that NS is the least worse option.
    Anything at all from this game is going to count as a massive bonus.  Let's hope forest are taking this one lightly and grabban's finishing is up to the standard he showed on Saturday, snigger.
    Provided it didn't wipe out our GD, I'd be happy enough to rest everyone who might benefit, in favour of Saturday's much more winnable fixture.
  • Options
    Defeats to get heavier away from home from now on in,  0-3.  Hoping that our home form saves us.
  • Options
    Defeats to get heavier away from home from now on in,  0-3.  Hoping that our home form saves us.

Why do you think that?
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Why do you think that?
    It's Soapy's gut and probably 40 or 50 years of suffering being an Addick 😉
  • Options
    Blast from the past. I took this pic at Forest a few years ago. Can anyone name the player?
  • Options
    Blimey those stands look ancient and older than me! If it's a Charlton player I'll have a stab at Mickey Bennett.