Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020 Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Oztumer worked hard. That shot he skied and corner he played out are the moments we need game changing bits of magic.
  • Options
    And, I wasn't impressed with Fulham. They seemed so much stronger the last time we played them. They missed Mitrovic and Knockaert big time.
  • Options
    And I don’t give a shit what Moyes says to Cullen, he needs to sign for us and become a Charlton legend. They will always sign someone ‘bigger and better’. Stay with us Josh and become a club captain.
    Agreed. Only problem is after West Ham's result and abject performance tonight, there must be a temptation for them to recall him and give him a chance. 
  • Options
    First 0-0 since March
  • Options
    And I don’t give a shit what Moyes says to Cullen, he needs to sign for us and become a Charlton legend. They will always sign someone ‘bigger and better’. Stay with us Josh and become a club captain.
    Agreed. Only problem is after West Ham's result and abject performance tonight, there must be a temptation for them to recall him and give him a chance. 
    They can’t recall him. 
  • Options
    Att 16,424 overall.
    Away support was 2,337.

• Options
    Biggest thing is we didn’t lose. Battling performance against a good team but we need Taylor, Williams and Cullen to stay fit. That’s our only real quality. Keep those three playing but we definitely need some new first team ready players to come in otherwise we will be in a battle. ESI need to show us something.
  • Options
    A day full of positives, even golfie mustn’t have anything to moan about after that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Well they can't, it's gone past the date that was agreed in his loan contract. 
  • Options
    They can’t recall him. 
    Really? 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    How do we know we’ve got the right manager? Because against West Brom, Leeds and Fulham so far this season, we played five games in the league and we are unbeaten. Bowyer instils a belief in those players that any other manager wouldn’t be able to do. Proud supporter tonight
    With respect that’s rubbish. Going unbeaten against the top 3/4 means nothing if we still go down. Would much prefer to beat Barnsley then Leeds at the minute. 
  • Options
    First 0-0 since March
    If Curbs was still around, he would have called it a nought-nought.

• Options
    They can’t recall him. 
    Really? 
    Yup
  • Options
    They can’t recall him. 
    Really? 
    Last week was cut off date in our loan agreement. We have Cullen until end of season. 
    Brilliant. Thanks.
  • Options
    Everyone put in a shift.

Pearce, you didn’t need to grab that bloke and give away that potentially dangerous free-kick.

Doughty should have passed to Taylor instead of shooting.

Other than that, no complaints. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    How do we know we’ve got the right manager? Because against West Brom, Leeds and Fulham so far this season, we played five games in the league and we are unbeaten. Bowyer instils a belief in those players that any other manager wouldn’t be able to do. Proud supporter tonight
    With respect that’s rubbish. Going unbeaten against the top 3/4 means nothing if we still go down. Would much prefer to beat Barnsley then Leeds at the minute. 
    Going unbeaten against top 3/4 and staying up is impressive though. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Don’t matter, we ain’t going down 
    Let’s hope so. 
  • Options
    A day full of positives, even golfie mustn’t have anything to moan about after that 
    Leopards don't change their spots, do they?

Anyway, Golfie is part of the scenery on CL. We love him really.

• Options
    Fulham played some ‘tippy tappy’ football with no real end product but they were far more direct than I was expecting. A lot of long balls being played which suited us. 

Typical Bowyer performance and you can see the difference when Taylor and Williams came on, both so important for us. Thought Hemed really put a shift in too. Goes without saying that Cullen is vital for us and was everywhere. Such a shame Doughty didn’t manage to do more with a few of his chances but he’s got bags of potential and caused them problems.

Now for a few players Mr Chairman then we’ll be going into a run of important games with some positivity (until the next shit storm inevitably comes along... this is Charlton after all...)!
  • Options
    I think oztumer played well, maybe needs more clinical in final third but who doesnt.

Doughty is one footed and wasnt cutting inside as Williams was on the other wing. It meant that his crossing was poor. But his game was still very good.

Having a more mature midfield helped the defence leaps and bounds as on the while fulham were restricted to long range efforts.

Hemed was trying and did okay but Taylor showed why he's worth every penny.
  • Options
    Great point against a far better technical side...what a difference taylor and Williams make when their in the side. ..
    Ummm. You forgot someone.
    I hadn't forgotten cullen. We were far more positive when the two I mentioned came on.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Unbeaten in 5 out matches 5 against Leeds, wba and Fulham you have to be pleased with that 
    Unbeaten against top 5 so far this season.

West Brom away 2-2
    West Brom home 2-2
    Leeds home 1-0 win
    Fulham away 2-2
    Fulham home 0-0
    Forest home 1-1
    Brentford home 1-0 win
    Great
  • Options
    We had 32% possession today. Fulham away we had 30% possession. 

Yet we've both ended up with 2 points from the games. Just shows it really isn’t always  about having plenty of the ball. 
  • Options
    Tonight shows we don’t need that many players in if we can keep the core players fit, 1 striker, 1 centre mid and a winger would be ideal