Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hey Jude - Jude Bellingham - Birmingham 30 Million Pounds!!!

Nearly spat my cornflakes out at breakfast this morning, as i saw this going across the bottom of the Sky Sports screen,  don't know if this is just agents hype / chatter , but Birmingham City have reportedly receved a 30 Million bid for Jude Bellingham , their 16 year old wonder kid.

I looked up his stats on BBC Sport , he's scored 4 goals and 1 assist this season.

Obviously if he's going to be good in the future , he could be the next Wayne Rooney , and its probably based on appearances / performance, but 30 million for a Championship kid, have we got anyone in the academy who we could flog for a huge sum, and bingo theres your transfer budget!

Also will this wipe out Birmingham's FFP problems?

Comments

• As expensive as that is, it's a clear indication of the way football is going these days. I think Bellingham is the real deal - he can attack and defend really quite well, and this is his first year of senior football.

£30m for a player that clearly has the potential to be an England international in a couple of years, and possible mainstay in your midfield? Yes it's a big fee and risk, but I can see why it's a risk worth taking.
  • shows that the Man U's of this world have money to metaphorically burn .. if they sign him and he's a failure, write it off as a business loss, like Pogba and many before him. The prem for the 'established clubs' is a different planet from the EFL 
  • Nearly spat my cornflakes out at breakfast this morning, as i saw this going across the bottom of the Sky Sports screen,  don't know if this is just agents hype / chatter , but Birmingham City have reportedly receved a 30 Million bid for Jude Bellingham , their 16 year old wonder kid.

I looked up his stats on BBC Sport , he's scored 4 goals and 1 assist this season.

Obviously if he's going to be good in the future , he could be the next Wayne Rooney , and its probably based on appearances / performance, but 30 million for a Championship kid, have we got anyone in the academy who we could flog for a huge sum, and bingo theres your transfer budget!

It might help them comply moving forwards but doesn't I believe remove the historical FFP non-compliance. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Nearly spat my cornflakes out at breakfast this morning, as i saw this going across the bottom of the Sky Sports screen,  don't know if this is just agents hype / chatter , but Birmingham City have reportedly receved a 30 Million bid for Jude Bellingham , their 16 year old wonder kid.

It might help them comply moving forwards but doesn't I believe remove the historical FFP non-compliance. 
    It  might help them buy a certain tattooed Peterborough player though...
  • What they pay £50m for Wan Bissaka 

what we get for Gomez £3.5m 
    Lookman (although not a product) £10m 
    Scott Parker £10m in old money 

come on Academy let’s produce a worldy and fund buying The Valley from Roland for this new mob 
  • Doesnt have an agent or professional contract
    His affairs are looked after by his parents
  • Sponsored links:

Doesnt have an agent or professional contract

so dad could be on a nice 20% .. children, the best investment there is ((:>)
    Doesnt have an agent or professional contract

so dad could be on a nice 20% .. children, the best investment there is ((:>)
    Just the fact that dad doesn't have to pay another penny piece for his son's upbringing, would be a sufficient & tax effective recompense....
  • What they pay £50m for Wan Bissaka 

what we get for Gomez £3.5m 
    Lookman (although not a product) £10m 
    Scott Parker £10m in old money 

come on Academy let’s produce a worldy and fund buying The Valley from Roland for this new mob 
    That Man U paid that much for a right back says more about Man U at the moment than anything else! Someone who had ONE decent season in the PL, a tiny number of England U21 caps and no senior appearances

• £30 million quid doesn't buy you a lot these days (at the top top level).  It's not just a case of how good he is, or even how good could he be, its also makes sure they have him, not someone else.

Although unless there is a "biding war" I am sure Birmingham would actually take less, especially if the player, his agent or his dad (or mum) kick off. 
  • Not good news for us,anyone we are in for the agent can your the player to Brum and even if they ain't interested makes the whole mess longer.

Best forget about Maddison 
  • Not good news for us,anyone we are in for the agent can your the player to Brum and even if they ain't interested makes the whole mess longer.

Best forget about Maddison 
    That's not necessarily true either, look at how much Dortmund "paid" for Haaland and how much RBL actually got. 
  • It's all coming up gravy for young Bellingham.
    and to think that goal at the Valley was the start of it all .. B&*%$£"d ((:>)
  • He looks decent but £30m would be a massive risk IMO. 
  • Thought he was average against us earlier this season, although he did score the winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• He looks decent but £30m would be a massive risk IMO. 
    Is it a risk for Man United?

Let's make some assumptions. 

Its £30 million all in, up front (which it won't be).  That's not a lot of cash for United and won't effect any other deals they want to do.

He will probably sign a 5 year contract, on similar terms, probably less than Greenwood.   So, in the scheme of things, it won't have any real effect on thier wage bill. 

Even if he doesn't play for United's first team for 2 years he will continue through the England age groups and continue to improve, not just as a player, as an asset. 

A few sensible loans and they potentially have a more polished 19 year old than Gallagher was when he joined us. 

Worst case (injury and illness would be insured) they could probably flog him to a Bournemouth for £20 odd million and never loose a night's sleep over £10 million and a few years wages. 

• Just hope if he signs, he isn't one of those whom you never hear of again... 
  • Man itd have a debt of nearly $500m, how does that work with ffp ? 
  • shine166 said:
    Man itd have a debt of nearly $500m, how does that work with ffp ? 
    They have vast sums of money in commercial revenue, merch sales, sponsorships, endorsements, MUTV, though they have a lot of debt it is "manageable" debt due to the amount of money that comes in to the club season on season
  • How much up front? Probably minimal (in the greater scheme) and may be based on appearances, caps, trophies etc. Doubt it will overly help out Birmingham now. Plus, clubs will generously round up when Birmingham bid for a player and the player could (should) ask for a higher wage.
  • shine166 said:
    That's basically a mortgage the current owners used to by the club.  They charge the club on it as well. It stinks but it is what it is 
  • Even if it is £30 mil then it will be spread over the length of the contract and as you say will contain lots of add ons. How this works with Birminghams FFP i am not sure - If they can book all £30 mil this year will put them in a great position, and it may solve a lot of issues in this area and alow them to start spending.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    That's basically a mortgage the current owners used to by the club.  They charge the club on it as well. It stinks but it is what it is 
    Didn't dear old Uncle Roland do much the same to Charlton?

RIP to Lynda and your Joke.
  • Looks set to join Dortmund in the summer apparently