Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hey Jude - Jude Bellingham - Birmingham 30 Million Pounds!!!

Comments

• Options
    Watching Rangers v Dortmund and Bellingham is running the show. Far too good a player to be slumming it in the Europa league, this kid is going to be one of the best midfielders in the world for the next decade.
    Huge rumour that he is going to Liverpool. Being a world cup year you just know that injury is coming soon.
    The way Henderson celebrated his goal with Bellingham makes me think you might be right!😀
    Get the feeling Bellingham would quite like to join Liverpool. He has made favourable comments about Klopp, who I believe has already made overtures to Dortmund. However Liverpool's resources can't match City or Real Madrid so suspect he will end up at one of those 2. Probably City
  • Options
    redman said:
    Watching Rangers v Dortmund and Bellingham is running the show. Far too good a player to be slumming it in the Europa league, this kid is going to be one of the best midfielders in the world for the next decade.
    Huge rumour that he is going to Liverpool. Being a world cup year you just know that injury is coming soon.
    The way Henderson celebrated his goal with Bellingham makes me think you might be right!😀
    Get the feeling Bellingham would quite like to join Liverpool. He has made favourable comments about Klopp, who I believe has already made overtures to Dortmund. However Liverpool's resources can't match City or Real Madrid so suspect he will end up at one of those 2. Probably City
    He is a much better "fit" to Liverpool than City.  Wouldn't surprise me if Man United male him their first big signing under a new owner, if they get it done.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redman said:
    He is a much better "fit" to Liverpool than City.  Wouldn't surprise me if Man United male him their first big signing under a new owner, if they get it done.
    Taylor made replacement for Gundoghan, who is out of contract at the end of the season 
  • Options
    England need Rice and Bellingham to make their big moves this summer......... will send their games up to the next level.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Newcastle will surely be in the hunt, especially if they get Champions League football.

My Liverpool supporting Surrey mate whom has never been to Anfield but really loves Liverpool and posts about them on Facebook all the time is adamant Bellingham will join them as he is a massive Liverpool fan.
  • Options
    Newcastle will surely be in the hunt, especially if they get Champions League football.

My Liverpool supporting Surrey mate whom has never been to Anfield but really loves Liverpool and posts about them on Facebook all the time is adamant Bellingham will join them as he is a massive Liverpool fan.
    Liverpool desperately want him, there is no doubt about that and they haven't made it a secret. However Liverpool haven't got anywhere near the resources of City or Real Madrid. So it depends how money motivated it becomes.
    There is also the question of whether Liverpool will qualify for the Champions League next year which would be a major block. 
  • Options

I thought it's documented that he and his family are rock solid Blues fans which is one of the reasons for the shirt thing. Your mate seems like the type who would assume "Blues" in this context means Everton...
  • Options

I thought it's documented that he and his family are rock solid Blues fans which is one of the reasons for the shirt thing. Your mate seems like the type who would assume "Blues" in this context means Everton...
    I told him that Bellingham was a massive "blue nose".  He didn't know what that meant; poor lad has no idea football exists outside the PL.  
  • Options
    England need Rice and Bellingham to make their big moves this summer......... will send their games up to the next level.
    Rice is ready to step up for sure. Another year or two at Dortmund could be great for Bellingham though. Dortmund are hardly a small club and don't exactly have a bad record of developing young players, the Bundersliga is a high standard and competitive but, most of all, despite how mature Bellingham seems to be, he is still so young and being away from the Premier League and less day-to-day pressure and intrusion from the British media while he finishes maturing could potentially set him up for years of success. The talent is there, but the wrong move now could still derail a hugely promising career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Rice is ready to step up for sure. Another year or two at Dortmund could be great for Bellingham though. Dortmund are hardly a small club and don't exactly have a bad record of developing young players, the Bundersliga is a high standard and competitive but, most of all, despite how mature Bellingham seems to be, he is still so young and being away from the Premier League and less day-to-day pressure and intrusion from the British media while he finishes maturing could potentially set him up for years of success. The talent is there, but the wrong move now could still derail a hugely promising career.
    Agree re Jude. Everything is going very well for him at home and on the international stage. Dortmund clearly know how to develop players and he's still so young. They must be paying him a packet too. Of course he could earn more at city or real but another couple of years at dortmund would be good for him I think. He'll still have his pick of any team in Europe then. What's the rush?

Edit. Another bonus of being in Germany is that he's out of the media gaze. Young lads don't need the extra pressure of the British media tbh. Sterling has handled it very well over the years, bit it's unnecessary and must be exhausting for players
  • Options
    redman said:
    Depends if Liverpool get sold maybe.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Wow, he’s played nearly 200 games at 19, that’s amazing, some of our lot will be lucky to get to 200 games in their career!

I wonder if he’ll be burnt out by 30 like Rooney was.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Saw his interview yesterday where he was alongside Steven Gerrard who was absolutely heaping praise on him, and Jude just took it in his stride. Not in an arrogant way, and not in an awkward way. 

He’s just a complete natural, not only at being an exceptional footballer, but seemingly at carrying out the role of being a professional in the spotlight. He has it all. 

I think he will take the armband once Harry Kane retires from international football. I know there are other experienced pros out there to choose from - but he really is ‘the one’.
  • Options
    30 million quid looks pretty cheap these days!

What an exciting pair he and Saka are to have coming through together.

If we don't win something within the next 2 or 3 tournaments, then I think we really may be cursed.
  • Options
    Think he'll be one of the very best to pull on the England shirt.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Him and Rice are such a strong pair to have for the next 3 tournaments or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just need some more options at centre back now!
  • Options
    I suppose you could argue that with medical advances there might be new and improved methods of recovery in the modern day, but it surely can't be a good thing to play over 200 games of top level mens football before you're 20 (which he isn't until June).

With that amount of games and the position he plays you have to wonder if his body will pack in by the time he's 30. When i saw him playing last week he had strapping on at least 3 parts of his body. No way can that be good for him.

Actually think it might be a blessing for him if he signs for someone like City where he'd get rotated/rested from time to time because if he goes to Liverpool he'll be playing every game.
  • Options
    Best move he could have ever done going to Germany what a player he has become
    Hard to believe how young he is plays like a seasoned professional well beyond his age

• Options
    Fabulous player and we are lucky to have him and watch his development, but I still think it was embarrassing for Birmingham to retire his shirt.
    I sort of agree but it was the number 22 and he did turn down other moves that were less beneficial to BCFC.

not like they've retired the No8 shirt after he's played half a season and slipped off to city for a nominal fee
  • Options
    His brother scored for England U18s last night and has made his breakthrough to Birmingham's first team this season so clearly a talented family!
  • Options
    His brother scored for England U18s last night and has made his breakthrough to Birmingham's first team this season so clearly a talented family!
    I remember seeing him for Brum U18s and the likes of Henry seemed miles ahead of him but I think he was only 15 at the time 
  • Options
    Wow, he’s played nearly 200 games at 19, that’s amazing, some of our lot will be lucky to get to 200 games in their career!

I wonder if he’ll be burnt out by 30 like Rooney was.
    Definitely a history of players like Rooney & Owen playing too much when they're young and not having longevity, but then there's hope if players look after them they can be more Giggs, Maldini etc.  You'd hope the sports science is better these days too to help, red zones and all that.
  • Options
    an absolute rolls royce of a footballer, effortless

best all round player this country has produced for years
  • Options
    One standout name on that list is Dele Alli.

Quite remarkable how far he has dropped in such a short period.