Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Renewal Pledge to Potential New Owners

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    se9addick said:
    13,500 attendance tonight - a bit disappointed with the response on the ground to the takeover at the last couple of home games to be honest. 

That’s an impressive number if true, the weather was absolutely awful, even with a roof on the stand we all got soaked and we were probably one bad tackle away from the game being abandoned. For anybody outside the M25 venturing out in that weather to go the the game it was probably not the smartest thing to do. 
    Eh? It wasn’t that bad.

I’m just a little disappointed that after the “as soon as the owners gone, I’m back” stuff we get one of our smallest attendances this season. I guess the owner isn’t 100% certainly gone yet, let’s hope it isn’t raining the game after he definitely is. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    13,500 attendance tonight - a bit disappointed with the response on the ground to the takeover at the last couple of home games to be honest. 

That’s an impressive number if true, the weather was absolutely awful, even with a roof on the stand we all got soaked and we were probably one bad tackle away from the game being abandoned. For anybody outside the M25 venturing out in that weather to go the the game it was probably not the smartest thing to do. 
    Why could the game have been abandoned ? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Eh? It wasn’t that bad.

I’m just a little disappointed that after the “as soon as the owners gone, I’m back” stuff we get one of our smallest attendances this season. I guess the owner isn’t 100% certainly gone yet, let’s hope it isn’t raining the game after he definitely is. 
    They might of got lost with the not doing the home games but going aways lot
  • Options
    se9addick said:

In that rain and wind and on that perfect looking pitch the game was a sliding tackle away from a player getting a broken leg. There were a couple of nasty tackles early on but credit to the ref he stopped it but an earlier goal would have livened things up again
  • Options
    Haven't been a season ticket for so long and from these comments just remembering I need to dig out the extra extra thick socks, handwarmers etc. East stand not West, so no blankets allowed. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

In that rain and wind and on that perfect looking pitch the game was a sliding tackle away from a player getting a broken leg. There were a couple of nasty tackles early on but credit to the ref he stopped it but an earlier goal would have livened things up again
    Every game is a “sliding tackle away from a player getting a broken leg”. 

If playing in the rain is so treacherous we should switch to a summer calendar.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Were you not at the game the other night ? The weather conditions were awful. By half time there were fans that looked like not only were they were desirous of being at the place that had the mist rolling in from the Thames, they’d actually been swimming in the Thames to get there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Were you not at the game the other night ? The weather conditions were awful. By half time there were fans that looked like not only were they were desirous of being at the place that had the mist rolling in from the Thames, they’d actually been swimming in the Thames to get there.
    I was there - I’ve seen football player in much, much worse. In fact I would imagine we’ll see a game(s) okayed in worse conditions this season. Let’s just hope one of those occasions doesn’t coincide with the formal announcement that the takeover has completed. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The pitches are nearly as wet at the start of every game, after clubs give the pitches an absolute drenching.
    I didn't see one puddle. The pitch looked superb.
    You can't abandon a game because some of the fans were wet ffs. 
    I wonder if some people were dropped on their head when they were a baby.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Good idea.

Abandon a game once it starts raining.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeovil in the rain was an eventful afternoon.
  • Options
    Must be raining again
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Must be raining again
    On Sky and still RD.
  • Options
    Phone lines will be busy tomorrow.......
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Must be raining again
    On Sky and still RD.
    Unlucky prediction 
  • Options
    Online ordering of season tickets on the up.
  • Options
    I bought mine. Wonder how many halfs sold this year compared to usual.
  • Options
    I bought mine. Wonder how many halfs sold this year compared to usual.
    Could it be the most ever sold?

Would be nice if the club knocked the cost off of the Bristol game off for the next few days as a gesture. 
  • Options
    Everyone seen Matt Southall's drive to get everyone to The Valley on Saturday? It is on Facebook and Twitter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They should do a very early bird option for next season
  • Options
    Time to Target 20,000 again.
  • Options
    It would be a good way for the new owners to engage the fans by bringing back the target 20K key people are still about.
  • Options
    sign up Bowyer, Taylor and Cullen this week and then parade themselves and new signing Toney on the pitch before the game - come on ESI, do it in style  
  • Options
    would like to think Saturdays game can nudge through the 20k barrier....especially with a sold out away end
  • Options
    would like to think Saturdays game can nudge through the 20k barrier....especially with a sold out away end

agreed, i think it will be 20k +
  • Options
    Would be pretty disappointed if it wasn’t 20K+ to be honest 
  • Options
    Four of us have renewed plus two kids.
    North West quadrant. It's going to get noisy.

I'm relieved, not buying a SST was costing me.