Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Renewal Pledge to Potential New Owners

Comments

• Options
    I will not be renewing or going to any games at The Valley until they are gone.

Me and all the people I go with plan to do some away games next season instead.
  • Options
    I will not be renewing my season ticket for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the ownership is. This is a pledge to any potential new owner that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
    CAFC has great potential and a loyal fan base. This has been destroyed in a very short space of time by an incompetent owner and CEO. If relegated this season it will have been self inflicted. The appointment of the ' interim ' Belgian 3rd division manager virtually sealed our fate this season.
    It is an individuals decision whether to renew their season ticket or not , but for those that decide not to do so , make your pledge along with me to renew your season ticket when this 'nightmeire' is over.
  • Options
    I have been a season ticket holder since the return to The Valley, that did not change when we were relegated to League 1 previously because it still felt like "our Charlton" no matter what division we played in, that is no longer the case.

I will not be renewing my season ticket for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the ownership is. This is a pledge to any potential new owner that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
    CAFC has great potential and a loyal fan base. This has been destroyed in a very short space of time by an incompetent owner and CEO. If relegated this season it will have been self inflicted. The appointment of the ' interim ' Belgian 3rd division manager virtually sealed our fate this season.
    It is an individuals decision whether to renew their season ticket or not , but for those that decide not to do so , make your pledge along with me to renew your season ticket when this 'nightmeire' is over.
  • Options

Our away support next season is going to be massive!

That's of course if the club decide to make away tickets available for general sale :wink:
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I would love to be able to say the same. Unfortunately, in all honesty, I just cannot.

I seem to have a built-in ability to cut stuff adrift completely once I have become detached from it/them.

I left school never to return for any if those reunion things; I cut ties completely with my first wife, never to speak with her again although other members of my family did stay in contact with her; I tend not to have brand loyalty; the list goes on.

So, would I come back? Maybe but I cannot guarantee it. I'm expecting that I'm going to enjoy booking holidays without checking the fixture list when it comes out (only for Sky to screw up the best laid plans). I expect to find other things to do. Who knows I might enjoy them very much more than the on-going series of miserable, cold, wet Saturday afternoons and the oft quoted Tuesday night in February at some dump up North. It might just seem like a bad dream that has ended.
    We shall see.

This worryingly close to my feelings at the moment. I can't say for certain if I'll return as a ST holder once this mob clear off. I've got back into non-league football this season and it's giving me all the things I've always loved about football, without any of the bollocks that seems to come as standard in the higher reaches of the game these days. I leave the house, walk to the pub to meet mates, walk to the ground, beers in the stands, familiar faces around the place, local lads in the team, basically the core of what the people's game is meant to be about.

Charlton will always have a special place in my heart, but the new owners (if and when we have some) will have to go above and beyond to repair the relationship with the wider fan base beyond the hardcore. How about keeping hold of young talent, introducing bargain ticket prices, and hiring Chris Powell for starters...
  • Options
    Forgot to mention in my earlier post, will not be renewing my sons ticket either...
  • Options
    No season ticket for me unless these clowns have cleared off.
  • Options
    This has been the first season I haven't enjoyed going - feel little or no connection at present. Very worrying how many fans we stand to lose.
  • Options
    Not had a season ticket this season, won't be getting another one until the clowns have cleared off.
  • Options
    Count me in. I will not buy another season or match day ticket until they've sold up. I'll attend away matches when I can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will not be renewing my season ticket until we have owners who know what they are doing .This I pledge
  • Options
  • Options
    This applies to me and my two sons.

• Options
    I would like to see this pledge taken by sponsors etc and other parties we/the club are driving away. We may force the sale of the club by killing it but we have then got to rebuild. My worry is that people will have found other things to do and financially support. ROLAND PLEASE FUCK OFF NOW BEFORE YOU COMPLETELY DESTROY THIS FANTASTIC FOOTBALL CLUB.
  • Options
    Oh and for the record I haven't had a season ticket for about ten years due to geography and family situation but I pledge to make as many home games as I can once KM, RD and his twatty lookalike Riga have all fucked off. Regardless of division.
  • Options
    RDG said:

cafcfan said:

I would love to be able to say the same. Unfortunately, in all honesty, I just cannot.

I seem to have a built-in ability to cut stuff adrift completely once I have become detached from it/them.

I left school never to return for any if those reunion things; I cut ties completely with my first wife, never to speak with her again although other members of my family did stay in contact with her; I tend not to have brand loyalty; the list goes on.

So, would I come back? Maybe but I cannot guarantee it. I'm expecting that I'm going to enjoy booking holidays without checking the fixture list when it comes out (only for Sky to screw up the best laid plans). I expect to find other things to do. Who knows I might enjoy them very much more than the on-going series of miserable, cold, wet Saturday afternoons and the oft quoted Tuesday night in February at some dump up North. It might just seem like a bad dream that has ended.
    We shall see.

This worryingly close to my feelings at the moment. I can't say for certain if I'll return as a ST holder once this mob clear off. I've got back into non-league football this season and it's giving me all the things I've always loved about football, without any of the bollocks that seems to come as standard in the higher reaches of the game these days. I leave the house, walk to the pub to meet mates, walk to the ground, beers in the stands, familiar faces around the place, local lads in the team, basically the core of what the people's game is meant to be about.

Charlton will always have a special place in my heart, but the new owners (if and when we have some) will have to go above and beyond to repair the relationship with the wider fan base beyond the hardcore. How about keeping hold of young talent, introducing bargain ticket prices, and hiring Chris Powell for starters...
    Don't worry mate we'll be non league if these Belgian pricks hang around long enough.
  • Options
  • Options
    I will not be renewing our two season tickets in the West Lower for the 2016-17 season. Likely relegation is not the reason , the way the club is being run by the current owner. This is a pledge to any potential new owner ( so long as that new owner is not a nominee of the current owner) that on takeover of CAFC I will buy my season ticket again , whatever division we are in.
    CAFC has great potential and a loyal fan base. The much respected former culture of the club, with its heart in the communities of South East London has been destroyed in a very short space of time by an incompetent owner and a CEO who has neither commercial or football experience. If relegated this season it will have been inflicted on the fans and the team by the incompetence of the management. The appointment of a series of sub standard managers/coaches and the destruction of the previous club infrastructure has virtually sealed our fate this season. More than that, the experimental management surgery, being practised on a club with a 110 year history, by the current owner is clearly only to be stopped by the departure of him and his management team.

• Options
    RDG said:

cafcfan said:

We shall see.

100% my feelings too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

Oh and for the record I haven't had a season ticket for about ten years due to geography and family situation but I pledge to make as many home games as I can once KM, RD and his twatty lookalike Riga have all fucked off. Regardless of division.

Perhaps Riga is Roly's long lost love child.
  • Options
    I've had a season ticket since the end of the eighties. I won't renew until a new owner comes in, then I'll renew as soon as possible.
  • Options

Same can be said for my Daughter too.

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Our away support next season is going to be massive!

That's of course if the club decide to make away tickets available for general sale :wink:
    I'd wondered that actually. I can see the regime becoming pretty 'unique' when they can. I can imagine there will be restrictions on travel (i.e. coaches run by the club) and also away ticket sales. If they can effectively ban a box holder at the valley from attending a sponsors day (thereby effectively telling them their business is no longer desired), stopping fans travelling away isn't going to cost them financially as such.

Next up the Valley and surrounding area will become one of those 'dispersal areas'........
  • Options
    Won't be renewing next season. But will renew once we have new owners.going to do some away games instead next season
  • Options
    Me and my family are in for this as well; I'm sure our friends who we go with are too (that's 7 of us)
  • Options
    I will not be renewing my season ticket this year. Nor will my two friends and the twl children we bring with us. It has nothing to do with relegation - been there before.
    We will all renew when a new owner is in charge.
  • Options
    Me too (though I fear I may end up as CAFCfan suggests)
  • Options
    a little weird I know, but I will pledge a season ticket to new owners too and I'm 10,000 miles away.
  • Options
    TEL said:

a little weird I know, but I will pledge a season ticket to new owners too and I'm 10,000 miles away.

Make sure you go to the midweeks!