Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Renewal Pledge to Potential New Owners

Comments

• Options
    Am eyeing five season tickets and will renew when the EFL complete their perfunctory checks.
  • Options

I want to buy a season ticket once more but as a boycotter (apart from a few lapses recently) I am worried that my money will get somehow into 'his' pocket! My old seat has gone, no doubt to someone of the 'support the team not the regime' persuasion (no argument sought) and I am anxious that if I wait too long from buying a half season ticket all the currently available seats nearby will be gone.
    I will try and get some information from the club but I doubt if they would be able to give me a definitive answer at this time. If they do I will pass it on but if somebody out there has an 'official' or close to it answer I would appreciate them sharing this here.
    Thank fuck its all over (probably)!!!!

• Options
    Bought mine on Friday. 
  • Options
    Bought mine on Friday. 
    Welcome back buddy
  • Options
    Did you get sugar with it?
  • Options
    I will be buying a half season ticket as soon as I get paid! 
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Did you get sugar with it?
    Probably didn’t have enough loyalty points. 
  • Options
    I got two on Sunday. And a bunch of mates also bought around the same area. 

I know it’s jumping the gun slightly but after the shitty Duchatelet years I was as anxious as a virgin in a brothel to get the deed done. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Bought at half season ticket this morning.

£205!  bloody rip off

and I only get 110 loyalty points! Disgusting

Will buy some food in the ground next home game so I can moan about the catering and be a real fan again.

: - )
    Asked for a pint of fosters Saturday, guy started pouring a smiths so I repeated my requested and he got me a coffee.
    *we've got our Charlton back*
    Could be worse - I once had milk put in my Bovril....
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Bought at half season ticket this morning.

£205!  bloody rip off

and I only get 110 loyalty points! Disgusting

Will buy some food in the ground next home game so I can moan about the catering and be a real fan again.

: - )
    Asked for a pint of fosters Saturday, guy started pouring a smiths so I repeated my requested and he got me a coffee.
    *we've got our Charlton back*
    Could be worse - I once had milk put in my Bovril....
    You must be in the west stand, very posh in there! 😉
  • Options
    What would people think if our new owners copied Newcastle's plan?

Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free additional half-season ticket to gift to fellow supporters to help fill St James' Park.

Sunday's victory against Southampton was Newcastle's lowest home crowd for a Premier League match since November 2010, with 42,303 in attendance.

The free ticket will cover 10 home Premier League games, starting against Everton on 28 December.

Tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis from Tuesday.

"To have the crowds we have is wonderful and we can't ever take that for granted," said Magpies boss Steve Bruce.

"But the question to all of us at the club is can we pack the stadium to the rafters?

"It starts with results on the pitch, but I hope a gesture like this will help us to fill the place because St James' Park in full voice is a force to be reckoned with."

• Options
    What would people think if our new owners copied Newcastle's plan?

Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free additional half-season ticket to gift to fellow supporters to help fill St James' Park.

Sunday's victory against Southampton was Newcastle's lowest home crowd for a Premier League match since November 2010, with 42,303 in attendance.

The free ticket will cover 10 home Premier League games, starting against Everton on 28 December.

Tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis from Tuesday.

"To have the crowds we have is wonderful and we can't ever take that for granted," said Magpies boss Steve Bruce.

"But the question to all of us at the club is can we pack the stadium to the rafters?

"It starts with results on the pitch, but I hope a gesture like this will help us to fill the place because St James' Park in full voice is a force to be reckoned with."

Fantastic idea.
  • Options
    Got my half season ticket. Got my old seats back that I sat in for 5 years too! 
  • Options

I’m still a little afraid to order, although I’d like to ASAP with Xmas post getting busier.

I couldn’t see any pies on sale at the Sheff Weds game, do we not sell them anymore or was I at the wrong kiosk?

• Options
    While the Newcastle offer is commendable.I would be really pissed off if someone who has not attended for a few years,suddenly got a freebie,when others have been regular unbroken  season ticket holders.
  • Options
    How about for those with a history of ST purchases going back 30 years and 'unbroken' away attendance? ;-) to show I am not being serious
  • Options
    As soon as it is confirmed that that wretched wrinkled old Belgian oxygen thief is fucked off, I have committed myself to a half season ticket.  Old age and infirmity may mean it is leant out to family more often than used by myself, but I will offer this up as a show of solidarity...  BUT only when Messieur Shirtweasel is back in his hutch for good. 
  • Options
    As soon as it is confirmed that that wretched wrinkled old Belgian oxygen thief is fucked off, I have committed myself to a half season ticket.  Old age and infirmity may mean it is leant out to family more often than used by myself, but I will offer this up as a show of solidarity...  BUT only when Messieur Shirtweasel is back in his hutch for good. 
    You're not old are you ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder how many are still waiting.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any commentary regarding the Newcastle season ticket offer, as to why it's necessary, they've never had trouble filling St James' Park before.
    I would have thought Mike Ashley as owner is a big turn off for people, and I know there was talk of boycotts in the summer.

It's a clever piece of PR by the club, but would be nice to hear some views from the other side, I can't imagine many would be too happy if Roland had offered free half season tickets (not that he ever would).
  • Options
    Two half season tickets ordered. I am not sure how many games I will make but wanted to show support for the new owners
  • Options
    You're not old are you ?
    Actual age  =56
    Charlton age = 156
  • Options
    You're not old are you ?
    Actual age  =56
    Charlton age = 156
    Exactly, not old at all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    RedPanda said:

I’m still a little afraid to order, although I’d like to ASAP with Xmas post getting busier.

I couldn’t see any pies on sale at the Sheff Weds game, do we not sell them anymore or was I at the wrong kiosk?

@clb74 ate them all.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any commentary regarding the Newcastle season ticket offer, as to why it's necessary, they've never had trouble filling St James' Park before.
    I would have thought Mike Ashley as owner is a big turn off for people, and I know there was talk of boycotts in the summer.

It's a clever piece of PR by the club, but would be nice to hear some views from the other side, I can't imagine many would be too happy if Roland had offered free half season tickets (not that he ever would).
    Well i went to NEWCASTLE once before 13905 attendance TROUBLE FILLING St James Park dont make me laugh.
  • Options
    13,500 attendance tonight - a bit disappointed with the response on the ground to the takeover at the last couple of home games to be honest. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    13,500 attendance tonight - a bit disappointed with the response on the ground to the takeover at the last couple of home games to be honest. 
    Bad weather plus people waiting for the 100 per cent takeover complete.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

That’s an impressive number if true, the weather was absolutely awful, even with a roof on the stand we all got soaked and we were probably one bad tackle away from the game being abandoned. For anybody outside the M25 venturing out in that weather to go the the game it was probably not the smartest thing to do.