Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team for the toolbox...

Go on then, what should our starting XI be?

Comments

• Phillips
    Oshilaja Lockyer Pearce Sarr Purrington
    Cullen Pratley Gallagher
    Aneke Bonne

Maynard-Brewer Solly Kayal Oztumer Lapslie Davison Leko

Controversial I know but I'm going for a team of bruisers and fighters, with height and strength to bully them into submission
  • Very close to my XI that. Oshilaja at RWB is a great call. 

Get Pearce and Sarr playing together in training until they work it out. I have been slagging Pearce a bit but we do need both to be able to play together.

That said, I'd consider Oztumer for Pearce and drop Pratley back if I was confident of outplaying Millwall
  • :D:D:D

I can't believe that the countdown to a win thread has disappeared.

Leave it up and fall on your swords if it fails to materialise, which is a very unlikely outcome.

Thank you for pointing it out BBW, wouldnt have noticed otherwise

Today is going to be a good day!! :)
  • edited November 2019
    Phillips
    Oshilaja | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen | Kayal | Gallagher
    Bonne | Leko

• Sponsored links:

• A time machine then
    Yashin
    Carlos
    Moore
    Beckenbaur
    Cafu
    Iniesta
    Scholes
    Maradona
    Ronaldo
    Messi
    Best

comfortable 4-0 defeat.
    Surprised you didnt expect anything differently when you decided to play Maradona

Didnt stand a chance of showing up what with the amount of dealers around!!
  • :D:D:D

Leave it up and fall on your swords if it fails to materialise, which is a very unlikely outcome.

You little scamp! You know very well that it is the most likely outcome.

If history tells us anything .......
  • Think we will revert to 442 diamond for this one. 

On that basis I would go.

Phillips
    Solly Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen Gallagher Kayal
    Leko Bonne

Only question mark really is whether you bring Aneke or Oztumer in for Kayal.
  • Our best performances seem to have been with Pratley at the back. Sarr is better in a back 3/5 than Pearce.   My team -

Phillipps
    Solly Lockyer Pratley Sarr Purrington
    Cillen
    Kayal Gallagher
    Leko Bonne

• bobmunro said:

:D:D:D

You little scamp! You know very well that it is the most likely outcome.

If history tells us anything .......

History is written by the winners, and even I wouldn't trust us to tell the truth ;)
  • Think we will revert to 442 diamond for this one. 

On that basis I would go.

Phillips
    Solly Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen Gallagher Kayal
    Leko Bonne

Only question mark really is whether you bring Aneke or Oztumer in for Kayal.
    Or maybe Sarr in for Pearce with Pratley dropping into a back 3. But I have a feeling it's a Pearce sort of game. We will need his leadership and fight.
  • Phillips
    Solly
    Lockyer
    Pearce
    Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Kayal
    Gallagher
    Bonne
    Leko
  • Who will get sent off? Pearce is the easy guess  I'd go for Prateley!
  • I'd be disappointed if a Senior player is stupid enough to get themselves sent off - You'd hope they've got the sense to not let the occasion get to them

If anyone were to go it would surely be someone like Gallagher or Cullen who act a little bit more rashly
  • Sponsored links:

• I hear that they are trying to play football since Harris departed so maybe there won’t be as much hoof ball. What I don’t know is how they are now setting up, or indeed if they have the players to do that. I am sure they have at least a few, but a change in style can lead to a few mistakes and weaknesses.

We are the third highest club fouled against in the Championship and Millwall are one of the lowest at committing them. Therefore I would suggest it maybe a game for skill and we try and outplay them.
  • A time machine then
    Yashin
    Carlos
    Moore
    Beckenbaur
    Cafu
    Iniesta
    Scholes
    Maradona
    Ronaldo
    Messi
    Best

comfortable 4-0 defeat.

Ha ha - Beat me to it PBS. No matter who plays, once they put on our shirt against Millwall, they crumble.   
  • Oztumer was excellent against West Brom for me he has to start.  We also need Solly and Purrington to be full backs as that’s where their danger is, Jed Wallace in particular.  That said our midfield should have the possession, it’ll then be about a killer move from Oz or Gallagher.

Phillips
    Solly, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Pratley
    Kayal, Cullen, Gallagher 
    Oztumer
    Bonne

• I think the diamond makes sense with Pratley having the ability to drop in and make it a 5. I've noticed Bows seems to play Prats to the side of the diamond and Cullen holding but I think that may well change on Saturday with Prats able to do a better job screening Smith who will inevitably be a target for a few long balls.

Phillips

Solly

Purrington

Lockyer

Pearce

Prats

Cullen

Kayal

Gallagher

Leko

Bonne

4-4-2 Diamond

• Phillips
    Oshilaja, Lockyer, Pearce, Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Leko, Bonne

Let's be honest, we don't really have much else to choose from anyway. I think the starting 11 pretty much picks itself.

• With no Taylor, Field, Williams, JFC, Hemed, Matthews and Page there aren't that many permutations available. We have gone from a potential outfield squad of 21 to just 14 (excluding the unexposed youngsters that is). 

Really don't think Sarr will start after Sunday's performance and don't think Oshilaga will be preferred to Solly so, by my reckoning, it is only a question of who from Leko, Aneke or Oztumer will partner Bonne up top.
  • Pearce owes us after the Preston penalty.

Lockyer or Gallagher or both to get sent off.
  • I'd be disappointed if a Senior player is stupid enough to get themselves sent off - You'd hope they've got the sense to not let the occasion get to them

If anyone were to go it would surely be someone like Gallagher or Cullen who act a little bit more rashly
    It's a legitimate concern though isn't it.
    Even if it happens to be someone getting over zealous trying to show that they won't be bullied/intimidated!
    Couple that with a flaky/anxious referee.
    My money is on Oshilaja if he plays  ;)
  • Didn't Solls get sent off last time we played there?
  • Didn't Solls get sent off last time we played there?
    Yes