Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for the toolbox...

Comments

• Options
    Current form guide (last 6) we are 20th scum are 13th ... 5 & 8 points respectively 

If by a miracle we win there'll be the look at how they celebrated , it's their cup final , they're not our rivals blah blah blah

but don't forget in 2009/10 they were turning up ticketless and  bunking in and desperate to get in to The Valley for this fixture and the way they celebrated the 4-0 was like they'd won a cup final 

so they can try and downplay it all they want but it does mean big time to them 

Let's hope we don't have to hear that poxy let em cum goal music on Saturday 

I’ve seen us turn up ticketless and try and bunk in at Dagenham! In fact I’ve seen Millwall fans at almost every London ground trying to bunk in without tickets, I’m serious. Spurs a few years ago scores got in, same at Upton Park in that league cup game. 

And yeah, we celebrated a 4 nil win against our nearest geographical rivals, that’s what proper fans do isn’t it? But we didn’t celebrate like we’d won a cup final, as you say. Maybe that’s how you lot would celebrate a cup final win but not us. 

You celebrated a nil nil draw almost as emphatically! 

Having said all that it’s probably the game I want us to win most all season so you won’t hear me downplaying it. But if palace and West Ham were in our league it be the third most important game to me. As your own 2121 says, to most this is just a friendly rivalry, that has a nice edge because it’s so local. It’s all about bragging rights and the chance to take the piss. That’s all. 

As for Let em come, are you mad???!! Written by the fans, about the fans, for the fans, sung with gusto. As far as football songs go it’s a blinder. It mentions beer and jellied eels! 

What’s yours? That song about the robin bobbing along? Come on, let em come pisses all over that. 
    Our song is Valley Floyd Road we don't need goal music to get it going , i thought that was all a bit palacey having music after a goal and i'm sure you'd prefer it without the music 

Not sure if you have ever won many cup finals to know what that's like to celebrate but yep you lot went ballistic for the 4-0  a lot more than you seemed to beating Leeds the other week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIijqWA5vg8

We don’t have it as goal music anymore. It’s just played before the start of the match now. You’re exactly right, goal music is a wanky palace thing, like having a drum to get your atmosphere going, so our fans voiced their displeasure to the club and they scrapped it last season. 
  • Options
    good to hear they got rid of the music , took their time but at least they realised it was lame 
    as for the drum we need it cos we've tried to put words in to our songs so we struggle without the drum
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Current form guide (last 6) we are 20th scum are 13th ... 5 & 8 points respectively 

If by a miracle we win there'll be the look at how they celebrated , it's their cup final , they're not our rivals blah blah blah

but don't forget in 2009/10 they were turning up ticketless and  bunking in and desperate to get in to The Valley for this fixture and the way they celebrated the 4-0 was like they'd won a cup final 

I’ve seen us turn up ticketless and try and bunk in at Dagenham! In fact I’ve seen Millwall fans at almost every London ground trying to bunk in without tickets, I’m serious. Spurs a few years ago scores got in, same at Upton Park in that league cup game. 

And yeah, we celebrated a 4 nil win against our nearest geographical rivals, that’s what proper fans do isn’t it? But we didn’t celebrate like we’d won a cup final, as you say. Maybe that’s how you lot would celebrate a cup final win but not us. 

Having said all that it’s probably the game I want us to win most all season so you won’t hear me downplaying it. But if palace and West Ham were in our league it be the third most important game to me. As your own 2121 says, to most this is just a friendly rivalry, that has a nice edge because it’s so local. It’s all about bragging rights and the chance to take the piss. That’s all. 

As for Let em come, are you mad???!! Written by the fans, about the fans, for the fans, sung with gusto. As far as football songs go it’s a blinder. It mentions beer and jellied eels! 

What’s yours? That song about the robin bobbing along? Come on, let em come pisses all over that. 
    Our song is Valley Floyd Road we don't need goal music to get it going , i thought that was all a bit palacey having music after a goal and i'm sure you'd prefer it without the music 

Not sure if you have ever won many cup finals to know what that's like to celebrate but yep you lot went ballistic for the 4-0  a lot more than you seemed to beating Leeds the other week

Just watched that YouTube clip. You think that’s us ‘going ballistic’? My god it must be so dull at Charlton if you class that as going ballistic. I can assure you we celebrate loads of games like that, and if we’d just beat Leeds 4-0 (or palace, or west ham, or any premier league team in the cup) we’d being going just as ‘ballistic’ and more some. 
  • Options
    blah blah blah you didn't seem to go that mental against leeds the other week but i'm sure you can pretend you did 
  • Options
    blah blah blah you didn't seem to go that mental against leeds the other week but i'm sure you can pretend you did 
    Wow. You think that’s mental? My life. 

Did you go to the Leeds game then? 
  • Options
    Skip to 3:00 if you don’t want to watch it all...

https://youtu.be/QCIlBlPzsXY
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I think Purrington is in for a tough time on Saturday. Jed Wallace is quality and I can see him running riot. 
  • Options
    ok the scenes against charlton were more boisterous than against leeds , hope that helps 

saw a leeds fan vlog very lame celebrations from millwall compared to when they beat us 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxJZW3-h-c

• Options
    Skip to 3:00 if you don’t want to watch it all...

https://youtu.be/QCIlBlPzsXY
    lame compared to what i witnessed at the 4-0 victory
  • Options
    ok the scenes against charlton were more boisterous than against leeds , hope that helps 

saw a leeds fan vlog very lame celebrations from millwall compared to when they beat us 

Lol you definitely ain’t the full ticket mate. 

You in with your Millwall mates on Saturday? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

yep , can't watch that massacre sober
  • Options

Which box are you in? I’ll come and say hello 😉
  • Options

The one with a load of drunken cunts in it , should be easy to find 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    I think Purrington is in for a tough time on Saturday. Jed Wallace is quality and I can see him running riot. 
    Rather have him running at Ben than Chris. If BP is fully fit, I have faith. 
  • Options

The one with a load of drunken cunts in it , should be easy to find 🤷‍♂️
    Haha that narrows it down. 

MC’s box? 
  • Options
    Nope 
  • Options

Just watched that YouTube clip. You think that’s us ‘going ballistic’? My god it must be so dull at Charlton if you class that as going ballistic. I can assure you we celebrate loads of games like that, and if we’d just beat Leeds 4-0 (or palace, or west ham, or any premier league team in the cup) we’d being going just as ‘ballistic’ and more some. 
    It’s certainly not ‘Stern John’ ballistic.
  • Options
    A word of warning to anyone going to the toolbox. 
    Under no circumstances smile in any pub you are in.
    As soon as you are spotted with a full set of teeth you will be identified as a Charlton fan.

You have been warned. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm booked in to have my face painted on Saturday morning, such is the occasion.

Does anyone know what pubs have been allocated to each set of fans? If it's looking like being as busy as it sounds then it might be best to hole up somewhere less busy. I'll definitely give the Green Man a miss if we're allocated that one.

I thought because we are all mates and not rivals we would be in the same pubs flicking each others arses with our scarves and such like jolly japes.

Half and half scarves, I hope.

In all seriousness, you could probably have mixed pubs for this fixture, such is the lack of animosity attached to it.

• Options
    Gotta get Leko back in the starting line up - without Williams we had no outlet / nobody who could go past somebody - 3 central defenders plus Pratley was too defensive v Preston - has nowhere to go with the ball once we won it - the Field and Caskey injuries although not as important as Williams and taylor, have tipped us over the edge of almost not being able to put out  a solid 11 out now but dropping a centre back and putting Leko back in May just give us a chance 
  • Options

I'm booked in to have my face painted on Saturday morning, such is the occasion.

Does anyone know what pubs have been allocated to each set of fans? If it's looking like being as busy as it sounds then it might be best to hole up somewhere less busy. I'll definitely give the Green Man a miss if we're allocated that one.

I thought because we are all mates and not rivals we would be in the same pubs flicking each others arses with our scarves and such like jolly japes.

In all seriousness, you could probably have mixed pubs for this fixture, such is the lack of animosity attached to it.

I've heard rumour that Ilderton Road is being closed for a joint street party - jelly, blancmange and silly hats (obviously only Charlton fans need the silly hats supplied).
  • Options
    I’m not wearing a flat cap under any circumstances 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I've heard rumour that Ilderton Road is being closed for a joint street party - jelly, blancmange and silly hats (obviously only Charlton fans need the silly hats supplied).

We'll deal with the silly hats so long as you sort out the silly shirts ;)

Blancmange, now there's a blast from the past. If there's no trifle then is it actually a party?

• Options
    Any chance of Taylor making the bench? 
  • Options

----------Phillips
    ------Lockyer Pratley Pearce
    Oshilaja ----------------- Purrington
    ------ Cullen Gallagher Kayal
    ---------Leko Bonne

• Options
    In reality we're only having a conversation about three or four players and what formation we're going to play; Phillips, Ben Purr, Pearce, BFG II, Pratters, Conor, and Macca are nailed-on starters, with Cullen a more-than-likely.

I wouldn't be unhappy with this, fitness notwithstanding:

There's the flexibility of Pratters dropping back to make a back three, pushing Ben Purr and Deji further forward.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Solly, Sarr, Lapslie, Kayal, Aneke, Davison

• Options
    Any chance of Taylor making the bench? 

I'd say there's an excellent chance he'll be on there, even if there's little intention of him actually appearing