Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for the toolbox...

Comments

• Options
    Ammann, Humphrey, Chapple, Rufus, Stuart Newton, Bowyer, Jones, Robinson, Grant Whyte.

Especially if it snows.
    And bring Morts on at half time.
  • Options
    Ammann, Humphrey, Chapple, Rufus, Stuart Newton, Bowyer, Jones, Robinson, Grant Whyte.

Especially if it snows.
    I know it isn’t possible, but that lot in the present day would beat the same for Millwall from that day.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips
    Oshilaja Lockyer Pearce Sarr Purrington
    Cullen Pratley Gallagher
    Aneke Bonne

Maynard-Brewer Solly Kayal Oztumer Lapslie Davison Leko

Controversial I know but I'm going for a team of bruisers and fighters, with height and strength to bully them into submission
    I dont see the point in trying to play at Millwalls level with Anti-football. Get the skilful players out there and tell the wing backs to push up as much as possible to try to stop the Route 1 from their full backs and midfield. If we dont, then we will get mullered by them just lobbing it up to Smith and every other fucker chasing the knock down. If we try to play to their level we will just come unstuck....again.
  • Options
    I'd be disappointed if a Senior player is stupid enough to get themselves sent off - You'd hope they've got the sense to not let the occasion get to them

If anyone were to go it would surely be someone like Gallagher or Cullen who act a little bit more rashly
    As a senior player Solly got sent off at the toolbox, crap decision, but we get those v Millwall all the time, eg phantom foul on the keeper at the Valley
  • Options
    Play like we did at Fulham and West Brom and we'll win. Play like we did against Birmingham and Preston and we'll lose. 

Some people who are knocking Jason Pearce for his penalty infringement on Sunday, seem to forget how well he defended at Fulham against one of the top forwards outside the Premier League. 

As for Millwall....stick with the wing-backs;

Lockyer Pearce Sarr

Solly Cullen Pratley Gallagher Purrington

Oztumer

Bonne 

Subs; Kayal, Leko, Aneke, Oshilaja, Lapslie, Davison, AM-B. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    I'd be disappointed if a Senior player is stupid enough to get themselves sent off - You'd hope they've got the sense to not let the occasion get to them

If anyone were to go it would surely be someone like Gallagher or Cullen who act a little bit more rashly
    As a senior player Solly got sent off at the toolbox, crap decision, but we get those v Millwall all the time, eg phantom foul on the keeper at the Valley
    Yeah that was more a terrible refereeing call rather than the senior player losing his head
  • Options
    Didn't Solls get sent off last time we played there?
    Yes but it wasnt a red, it clearly hit his face not his hand, he even had a mark in his face which he tried showing the ref but he was having none of it.

Poor decision which cost us
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32080900

First home win since October that was for them...

Shows that it really doesnt matter where we both are in the League!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Simonsen said:
    Play like we did at Fulham and West Brom and we'll win. Play like we did against Birmingham and Preston and we'll lose. 

Some people who are knocking Jason Pearce for his penalty infringement on Sunday, seem to forget how well he defended at Fulham against one of the top forwards outside the Premier League. 

Lockyer Pearce Sarr

Oztumer

Bonne 

Trouble is; Millwall will play like Birmingham / Preston... 

They're not going to allow themselves to be opened up like Fulham / West Brom
  • Options
    Yes but it wasnt a red, it clearly hit his face not his hand, he even had a mark in his face which he tried showing the ref but he was having none of it.

My memory was that he was off for 2 yellows.
    The first when he went steaming into their player, to kind of make a "statement".
    The second for the "hand" ball
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Lockyer Pearce Sarr

Oztumer

Bonne 

Trouble is; Millwall will play like Birmingham / Preston... 

They're not going to allow themselves to be opened up like Fulham / West Brom
    Agreed, they're exactly the type of team we struggle against

• Options
    Whoever we play, we cannot start Naby Sarr.

The moment he makes a wayward pass or any kind of mistake, he will absolutely crumble in that atmosphere and it will go downhill from there.
  • Options
    He might even get booked! 
  • Options

A few weeks ago a Millwall player took a dive in the box, in about the 3rd minute.
    There was no contact, it didn't look like there was any contact.
    The ref gave a penalty, which they scored and sent off the Leeds player.

If we don't have brave officials, Millwall will always get "the decisions".
    They haven't had "relative" success through their silky football skills.
    It always has and always will be about intimidating players, officials and fans.
  • Options
    I'd go two up top for this one. Get Chuks on to put himself about a bit, and try and get Ozzy on the ball to make things happen

Phillips 
    Solly Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Pratley Cullen
    Gallagher Oztumer
    Aneke Bonne
  • Options
    Experience at the back, Oztumer to tie the midfield and attack together, and pace up front.

Phillips 
    Pratley
    Cullen Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Leko Bonne
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips
    Cullen Pratley Gallagher
    Aneke Bonne

Controversial I know but I'm going for a team of bruisers and fighters, with height and strength to bully them into submission
    I dont see the point in trying to play at Millwalls level with Anti-football. Get the skilful players out there and tell the wing backs to push up as much as possible to try to stop the Route 1 from their full backs and midfield. If we dont, then we will get mullered by them just lobbing it up to Smith and every other fucker chasing the knock down. If we try to play to their level we will just come unstuck....again.
    You’re about 3 weeks behind with this post and your analysis. I very much doubt Smith will even start. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Phillips

Solly

Purrington

Lockyer

Pearce

Prats

Cullen

Kayal

Gallagher

Leko

Bonne

• Options
    Free kicks and corners might be our biggest problem as they do look a big side 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Millwall are in not bad but inconsistent form .. like us they've beaten Stoke and Leeds at home, as ever it will be a very difficult game next weekend .. Solly and Sarr were especially poor against P N E .. Solly is not suited to the wing back role, neither is Purrington for that matter, though he is starting to get the hang of it .. keep a back three with Pratley alongside Pearce and Lockyer (height in defence is still going to be an issue). Sarr's mindset is always an issue and might be too unfocused for this one

Phillips 

Lockyer, Pratley, Pearce

Oshilaja, Cullen, Gallagher, Lapslie, Purrington

Bonne, Leko

I'd like to pick Kayal but his work rate will not be enough for this particular game. Lapslie will run his socks off given the chance .. Let's hope that Hemed and Taylor are fit again VERY VERY soon

• Options

I would personally like to go back to the 442 diamond:

Phillips

Pratley

Cullen Gallagher

Oztumer

Leko/Aneke Bonne

Can't decide on Leko or Aneke so will leave that up to Bowyer :)

• Options
    Feel that The Great Escape theme song should play alongside any reading of Lincsaddick's team there 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Feel that The Great Escape theme song should play alongside any reading of Lincsaddick's team there 
    this from the know nothing tactical genius who would swap the midget Oztumer for Pearce .. would that be in the back 3 or 4 ? .. and have Sarr in defence alongside Sarr in midfield with Sarr leading the attack ?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh they're a big side are they? If only we had someone who's 6'5" and has just been called up by a fairly decent national side 
    presumably you mean Sarr .. let's face it, big games and Sarr is a bottler, a 6'5" liability .. I like him in the games against the small fry though
  • Options
    Phillips 

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Oshilaja, Cullen, Pratley, Gallagher, Purrington

Bonne, Leko

for me
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Phillips
    Cullen Pratley Gallagher
    Aneke Bonne

You’re about 3 weeks behind with this post and your analysis. I very much doubt Smith will even start. 
    Was on the bench on Saturday and came on in 2nd half.

I notice you didnt argue about the Anti-football remark.