Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer charged by FA

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    He can’t be saying that , especially when one of the worse decisions of the night I thought  was the disallowed goal Swansea had ruled out ! 
  • Options
    He can’t be saying that , especially when one of the worse decisions of the night I thought  was the disallowed goal Swansea had ruled out ! 
    Agreed. The ref was fine & Bowyer is bang to rights.
    He's now made the right decision - don't talk to the ref immediately after the game - sorted.
  • Options
    Had he only said it once he the ref might have then turned a deaf ear.
  • Options
    Referee good mates with the oppo manager. Surely this is something the EFL need to consider when sending certain referees to games?
    Steve Cooper in the article said to Bowyer that he knew the Referee simply from when he used to officiate the Academy games he was involved in
  • Options
    I heard they were in an academy together.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Great reporting from sky:

Bowyer had been given two previous sanctions in the past 14 months: a £1,000 fine following his side's defeat to Peterborough in August, and a £1,750 fine after their win at AFC Wimbledon in February when he was fined £1,750 and received a three-game touchline ban.

The quote that the ref recorded sounds like something Bowyer would say though.